Suthep vows to paralyse Bangkok Sunday

Lite Beer

For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas in peacebah.gif

Which would be OK if Thais celebrated Christmas ... which they don't, if you hadn't noticed, Mr Farang

So why all the Christmas trees outside every mall and decorations being sold everywhere, along with Christmas tunes in every supermarket?

Also, Thais celebrate the Christian New Year, or haven't you noticed there's a 5 day holiday coming up?

Unless I am mistaken, the Thai New Year is in April. Please inform me if I am wrong.

Where is your logic, apart from rampant wrongly thought out nationalism, please?

Yup. You are wrong.

The Thais have their official New Year on 31st December when the calender moves to 2557 from 2556.

You are referring to Songkran in april and that is not officially Thai new Year, it is a water festival to pay homage to .... well..... water.

Thais do not celebrate Christmas, they are 99% Buddhist and the shops sell decorations because Thais like sparkly, flashing things, and they decorate their house more for New Year than Christmas.

Christmas day is just like any other day to a Thai, schools are open and everyone is at work as normal. They do not celebrate anything christian, they exchange no gifts, send no cards and they don't have a special celebratory meal.

By the way..... The New Year is NOT a christian event, it is global covering every religion.

Go get an education.

Speaking of education Thai schools celebrate christmas, the children give and recieve gifts,

and the school director sometimes plays father christmas, that is in government schools that I have worked in.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These protests and coups over the last few years have ruined my children's education. Their school is situated nearby Aphiset's house, and the

teachers close the school for security reasons every time there is a march. I have had to home tutor them in order to get them through their exams.These continuous marches and crowd gatherings should stop immediately and stop ruining the chances of a good education for our children.

• Like 1

For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas in peacebah.gif

Which would be OK if Thais celebrated Christmas ... which they don't, if you hadn't noticed, Mr Farang

So why all the Christmas trees outside every mall and decorations being sold everywhere, along with Christmas tunes in every supermarket?

Also, Thais celebrate the Christian New Year, or haven't you noticed there's a 5 day holiday coming up?

Unless I am mistaken, the Thai New Year is in April. Please inform me if I am wrong.

Where is your logic, apart from rampant wrongly thought out nationalism, please?

Yup. You are wrong.

The Thais have their official New Year on 31st December when the calender moves to 2557 from 2556.

You are referring to Songkran in april and that is not officially Thai new Year, it is a water festival to pay homage to .... well..... water.

Thais do not celebrate Christmas, they are 99% Buddhist and the shops sell decorations because Thais like sparkly, flashing things, and they decorate their house more for New Year than Christmas.

Christmas day is just like any other day to a Thai, schools are open and everyone is at work as normal. They do not celebrate anything christian, they exchange no gifts, send no cards and they don't have a special celebratory meal.

By the way..... The New Year is NOT a christian event, it is global covering every religion.

Go get an education.

Thailand is 99% Buddhist you say? 99%? 12% of the population is Buddhist so tell "Soi Sauce" how he needs to go and get an education again....

These protests and coups over the last few years have ruined my children's education. Their school is situated nearby Aphiset's house, and the

teachers close the school for security reasons every time there is a march. I have had to home tutor them in order to get them through their exams.These continuous marches and crowd gatherings should stop immediately and stop ruining the chances of a good education for our children.

no protests around abhisit's street for the last couple of years (i live, work and send my kid to school all on the same street) but for sure if pheu thai are overthrown, the red-shirts will be back outside his "house" (actually he rarely if ever stays in that property)

if the coup goes through, bangkok is going to be a dangerous place next year - i doubt i'll stay around here if that happens

Well, I'm glad I'll be out on holidays, even though I doubt he'll get the same number as before the house got dissolved. I'm guessing he'll have less than half the numbers from last week, so 60-70k at most, although he'll claim several millions.

Well there will be at least 100K, but I doubt it will need it, just a few hundred at each site will paralyze the whole network of BKK roads.

• Like 1

Mr Fixit and your three fans stop hiding in the dark and open your eyes... Thai's do celebrate Christmas as a time of sharing. Some of the worlds best Christmas Decorations can be seen all over Bangkok, giant illuminated Christmas trees adorn most shopping centers with the message that Christmas is a time of giving and peace. Bangkok's Christmas Celebration Decorations put many Australian cities to shame where in our so called Christian society the Christmas message or decorations are seldom seen.

post-103087-0-13690000-1387424152_thumb.

post-103087-0-62329800-1387424377_thumb.

post-103087-0-83413600-1387424404_thumb.

Edited by plazot11

Nibbles48 is clearly an extremely deranged individual.

As for Suthep paralysing Bangkok , somebody should paralyse him, especially around the mouth muscles.

Any similarity between his rantings and footage of Mussolini is not accidental - take a look.

He is a fascist of the first order whose only aim is to look after himself and his rich cronies - not a lot of difference between him and the man he rants about.

ONE PERSON-ONE VOTE - WINNER TAKES ALL. LIVE WITH IT !!!!!!

OMG!!

Hypocrite of the year award.

Slandering someone because they support the a revolution and believe in radical change needs radical (but peaceful) measures. While parading thenselves around a website with a Che Guevara avatar, the most iconic symbol of 'people's revolution' in the entire world, Even more iconic the Marx himself. Who incidentally did not believe in totally peaceful means to get the job done, and who led and inspired hundreds of thousands to rise up against foreign influences at the cost of many many lives.

Sir.... you are a very DERANGED INDIVIDUAL!

Tell me..... who did you support in the last multi-party elections in Cuba?.... no wait!

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 2

Alwyn, on 19 Dec 2013 - 10:08, said:

Thailand is 99% Buddhist you say? 99%? 12% of the population is Buddhist so tell "Soi Sauce" how he needs to go and get an education again....

Really, 12%? Maybe in the deep south near the Malaysian border.

The CIA fact book says:

field_listing_on.gif
Buddhist (official) 94.6%, Muslim 4.6%, Christian 0.7%, other 0.1% (2000 census)

Could it be that you have no idea what you are writing about and you need the education?

• Like 2

2 million people will show up on S-Day and if they don't, Suthep will turn himself in to the police...unless he comes up with another idea, that will bring 4 Million people out in 2 weeks and...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

• Like 2

Most This do not celebrate Christmas, if they did it would be a official holiday

Putting up a few sparse decorations and liking somebody dressed as Santa does not count as celebrating Christmas

They like the present receiving but there again who doesn't like receiving a present?

Just like Loi Kratong, eh? That's not an official holiday, but how the Thais celebrate that and have a darned good time!

Anyway, this is all off-topic really, we should be laughing at all those dummies in Bangkok who are going to have yet another day ruined by little Benito and his loony followers.

• Like 1

Don't blame Suthep alone. If that many people turn up again, it just goes to show how pissed off people are with the Shinawatra party that they're willing to just keep going out and protest.

We will see how many people turn up to vote 2nd Feb.

And before you start, will you then try to convince us that only one party is capable of buying votes.

Man you are as naive as they get. There won't be an election on Feb 2nd.

There won't be one ever if Yingluck does not step down and the PTP government are still there.

Nobody can force the Dems to register, and while they don't register, the protesters will remain, no matter what.

Then once the next bout of violence starts and people start dying again, the army will come out and remove the rabble.

Just a guess but I think you are wrong on every count but what do I know.

If you did not know it (or just pretend to not know it), the people of Thailand are protesting because:

1. They no longer want corrupt politicians that rob and rape their country.

I'm trying to get a mental image of Yingluck raping the country... and failing.

• Like 1