Suthep vows to paralyse Bangkok Sunday

Lite Beer

Don't blame Suthep alone. If that many people turn up again, it just goes to show how pissed off people are with the Shinawatra party that they're willing to just keep going out and protest.

We will see how many people turn up to vote 2nd Feb.

And before you start, will you then try to convince us that only one party is capable of buying votes.

Man you are as naive as they get. There won't be an election on Feb 2nd.

There won't be one ever if Yingluck does not step down and the PTP government are still there.

Nobody can force the Dems to register, and while they don't register, the protesters will remain, no matter what.

Then once the next bout of violence starts and people start dying again, the army will come out and remove the rabble.

Somebody should pin this prediction up somewhere. Worthy of Nostradamus.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

...wonder who is footing the bill for this ass hole? must be somebidy pretty important with deep pockets. the police seem to be either cowards or "something" else. an arrest warrant has already been issued, now the cops have to serve it.

The same people who financed the PAD (Yellow shirts) are behind this. That means the forty or fifty families who get the lion's share of the corruption when the Democrats are in office, as contrasted to the forty or fifty different families who get favored by Thaksin and his cohort. Dr. Phasuk Pongpaichit wrote an excellent book on this back in 2004 or so. She used to have a brief essay on the internet naming a few of the families but I've lost the link to it. She probably has taken it down anyway to avoid hassles. Naming names is not career-enhancing.

As for the police, well, they took serious lumps when they tried to control the PAD. They aren't likely to try that again. The Army could shut this down, but Pa Prem is one of the backers so the best we can hope for is that they won't pull another coup.

You know, they used to be much better at coups. We had coups every four years or so under Phibulsongkran, Sarit, and Thanom/Prapas. They took the place of elections. Since Chavalit was prime minister they've gone downhill. They just don't know how to do it any more.

maybe suthep just wants to find out what following he really still has. if really more then 1 - 1.5 million people people turn out, well, then i guess one could say that his movement does have some considerable support among the population still. but if in the end he should just succeed in blocking a few streets with a few tens of thousands of protesters, then he should better give it up...

Yes, that will be important. I think if he manages to get even a couple hundred thousand out that would show he still has serious support. One thing I'm concerned about is how the Red Shirts are going to react. I don't think it's reached the point where there will be blood in the streets... yet. The worrisome thing is this demand for an appointed government. I don't think the people living outside Bangkok are going to accept that unless the Army forces it on them. Remember 2010. The people in the North and Northeast, and to some extent the Chao Phraya valley, have become used to having a voice in government. I guess the people in the South have given up hope and don't care, but I thought they did believe the Democrats looked out for their interests to some extent.

Don't blame Suthep alone. If that many people turn up again, it just goes to show how pissed off people are with the Shinawatra party that they're willing to just keep going out and protest.

And before you start, will you then try to convince us that only one party is capable of buying votes.

There won't be one ever if Yingluck does not step down and the PTP government are still there.

Nobody can force the Dems to register, and while they don't register, the protesters will remain, no matter what.

Then once the next bout of violence starts and people start dying again, the army will come out and remove the rabble.

Thanks for the comedy! Iv'e been living in Thailand since the end of the war in Vietnam how about you?

Give us a call back 2nd Feb.

Edited by Calimotty

YL: coffee1.gifcheesy.gif

Paralyse the whole BKK?

Go ahead, old man. Even if the whole south coming to Bkk, what can you all do? Marching?? All sit at the democracy monument hearing your old grandfather stories???

End of the day, you can't do anything to me.

Election is ongoing. The ball is still on my side. I will just keep repeating: "I am the democratically elected PM blah blah blah....."

What can you do to me?? Nah nah nee bu bu!!cheesy.giftongue.png

Throw in the white towel, man. clap2.gif

giggle.gif

• Like 1

Knowing that Suthep wants to strip the people from their right to vote and elect their own government, I wonder how able are the protesters to judge what they are protesting against... They want "reforms", but none of them is able to explain what reform they want... I guess the free food and goodies is good enough to motivate them. Just a few thousands will show up anyway. The biased media will have to take picture with a zoom again biggrin.png Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you did not know it (or just pretend to not know it), the people of Thailand are protesting because:

1. They no longer want corrupt politicians that rob and rape their country.

2. They no longer want greedy politicians, who are mainly focussed about increasing their own wealth, rather than the development of their country.

3. They certainly no longer want a government, which don´t respect the country´s constitution.

4. They no longer want a puppet government controlled by a criminal fugitive from Dubai with Montenegro and Uganda citizenship / passports.

5. They no longer want a government, which abuse their power and just buy off everyone standing in their way.

6. They no longer want a government which will borrow 2.2 Trillion Bath from China, without the spending of the money to be accounted for.

7. They no longer want a government which promise "no more floods" and allocate 350 Billion Bath to flood prevention and water management, but do almost nothing.

I just wonder where most of these Billions have gone??

8. They no longer want a government which set up a rice pledging scheme with massive losses and millions and millions of tonnes of rotten rice and probably other millions

of tons of rice disappeared or never existing - but to be paid for.

9. 10. 11. 12....... you just continue.

The people protesting actually demand TRUE democracy and FREE elections, but call for reforms to be made BEFORE elections, to avoid everything bad to just happen over and over again!

The people wan´t ALL corrupt politicians (and government offficials) charged, convicted and punished by a NEUTRAL courthouse and banned from politics for lifetime.

Isn´t that only fair demands in a "democratic" country???

Ok ok ok ... But what is the plan then?

What reforms do the "people" exactly want?

What exactly is Suthep going to do after his "final victory"

has come (not sure which one it will be, but ok)?

What is the exact plan to form that (now world famous) "people's council"?

What exactly is this undemocratic set up going to do?

What is exactly the new system that these people want?

How are they going to put that new (surely not better) system in place?

How are Suthep and his followers going to make their new system accepted by the majority (since they are the minority themselves)?

I watched a debate on TV (in Thai) between two academics.

One pro and one anti government.

The anti government tried to explain what was the "people's council" about. Even if he kept a rather fake smile on his face at all times, he had a tough time explaining what this whole idea of a "people's council" was about and how to achieve it...

Apart from the name of that "thing", he was not able to clarify anything about this council joke.

To each question of the journalist, the only thing he could repeat was "it will be decided later", "it will be explained to the people later", "it will be done later"... Later, later, later.

What was important to him was to achieve Suthep's goal of getting rid of democracy first.

All the rest could be done later...

What I understood after this program is that what they want is clear: Stop democracy now.

But anything after that is... to be thought about later.

What a joke.

So, thank you for explaining us "what the people want or don't want", but it seems that all those who support this criminal Suthep don't have a clue of how to achieve anything other than barking at a legitimate government.

Well said! If this was going on in London or Washington, these people would be screaming FASCIST!

For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas in peacebah.gif

Which would be OK if Thais celebrated Christmas ... which they don't, if you hadn't noticed, Mr Farang

So why all the Christmas trees outside every mall and decorations being sold everywhere, along with Christmas tunes in every supermarket?

Also, Thais celebrate the Christian New Year, or haven't you noticed there's a 5 day holiday coming up?

Unless I am mistaken, the Thai New Year is in April. Please inform me if I am wrong.

Where is your logic, apart from rampant wrongly thought out nationalism, please?

Christmas in Thailand is for the benefit of the tourists and simply to make money. It is not a public holiday and many will be working. Again Thai New Year is in April , however the calendar New Year is recognized as a public holiday more as a mater on international convention. Perhaps you may have noticed that this country has an abundance of holidays however, Xmas is not one of them.

Correct. thumbsup.gif

jb1

Well said! If this was going on in London or Washington, these people would be screaming FASCIST!

If this was happening in Washington, we'd call in Jack Bauer .... he'd sort things out pronto.

Well, he might need 24 hours or so, but Results Guaranteed !

Tick Tick Tick

Some idiot with a Golden whistle and no business plan,plus no replacement government,policies or manifesto?

Only in Thailand I'm afraid!

But most important of all, no money to convince the rest of Thailand's citizens.... whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

You're a fool Suthep, and Abhisit is your freakin' lap dog puppet

Edited by MaxLee

Somebody should pin this prediction up somewhere. Worthy of Nostradamus.

"Suthep vows to paralyse Bangkok Sunday"

I vow to paralyze Suthep on Saturday at the stroke of midnight, using nothing but the powers of my mind. Call it P-Day.

I also see YL in my crystal ball wearing nothing but see through pink lingerie.

• Like 1

ONE PERSON-ONE VOTE - WINNER TAKES ALL. LIVE WITH IT !!!!!!

Sounds good, but a party with the most votes can still lose. I can't be too negative here as it isn't too unlike my country. A big difference though is I have never been paid to vote for a party/candidate. Have you?

your post reminds me of the great line in the Woody Allen movie “ shadows and fog “giggle.gif

Kleinmann: Uh, I've... I've never paid for sex in my life.

Prostitute: Oh, you just think you haven't.

[laughs]

Not only is Suthep a great reformist, forcing unwilling participants to discuss positive changes to society, but he also cares about our health.

Not satisfied with one or two walking streets, our inspirational pioneer has decided all Bangkokians should walk this Sunday.

2 Mondays ago I walked 7 km in Bangkok, the weather was pleasant and the people were agreeable, it was nice to claim the streets from the cars.

This Sunday will be the same.

March for health and reformation!

Keep up the fight, it is time to say enough to PTP, and the karma is certainly being returned to them tenfold.

You really are going to love it when they win the next election.

With probably a bigger majority than last time.

I cannot believe the mentality of some of the posters on this site (Well I can actually having met a number of foreigners that stay here)! The government was ELECTED, the government is calling for an ELECTION, it isn't perfect but it is about the best you are going to get!

Suthep wants nothing to do with this as he hates democracy, he hates the poor, he is a complete fascist! He knows that for whatever reason, Yingluck will get re elected, is this the kind of Democracy you want in a country? He is NOT popular! He is despised by the majority, (however he obviously has support from some very high places).

Even if he gets 10 million on the streets of Bangkok, Thailand has a population of over 60 million....does this make him right?

This lunatic is going down a very very dangerous path that, taken to its extreme could actually end in some sort of civil war. There is a lot riding on who is in power at some very critical event that is inevitable, and the more that this is allowed to continue, the more that the inevitable event appears to be becoming a little bit more definite!

This is a very dangerous time for Thailand.

Remember this lunatic Suthep wanted to close Thailand off to the world for a period of five years! He is a completely despicable creature that wants nothing more than the complete seizure of power for his elite bunch of cronies.

A prescient post and well said.

What is happening now is probably way, way past the hate the Shinawatra's stage.

The history of Thailand is being written and, sorry to say to all those who love to hate Thaksin, it's not being written by Thaksin and their hatred is late and now misplaced.

Never mind, this is Thai Visa..........

The genie is well and truly out of the bottle and while Suthep and his ilk believe it can be put back, it can't.

I doubt a majority of the population will easily and willingly see Suthep disenfranchise them for an indefinite period.

Expect major problems if he does.

I think the up to now, Thai style tolerance of his actions, will very soon come to an end.

For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas in peacebah.gif

Like who? You? Thailand is not a Christian country and they don't really celebrate Christmas. wai.gif

Like who? You? Thailand is not a Christian country and they don't really celebrate Christmas. wai.gif

" For gods sake. Enough already! Put this nutcase in the slammer where he belongs and let the ordinary people of Bangkok enjoy their last Sunday before Christmas weekend in peacebah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif

does that help ?wai.gif

p.s. i dont live in Bangkok smile.png

The real reason behind this latest protest is the DSI freezing his bank account, so if he can't go Christmas shopping then he doesn't want anyone else to go out shopping on Sunday either... bah! humbug!

I think you may find he has billions in a variety of offshore accounts, he is a businessman.

Yep! and typically has been ripping the country and workers off for years whistling.gifrolleyes.gif

Its sort of strange that millions of people have to reschedule their lives around the increasingly deranged activities of a lone nut, now a festive nut - perhaps a lone roasted walnut. Or banging my head against a wall nuts.

I've never even met him but he's already made me rearrange/cancel three hospital appointments and business meets, to allow for traffic and as the great man himself says "paralysis" of the system.

coffee1.gif ho ho ho

Edited by Yunla

The real reason behind this latest protest is the DSI freezing his bank account, so if he can't go Christmas shopping then he doesn't want anyone else to go out shopping on Sunday either... bah! humbug!

I think you may find he has billions in a variety of offshore accounts, he is a businessman.

" Offshore Accounts"..................avoiding taxes i suppose ! rolleyes.gif

Dear Suthep, first of all you won't get this amount of people on the street. 2nd; you are showing real megalomanic almost psychiatric behavior now with your lust for Power. 3rd; all protester should be accused of Lesse Majeste, since you all throw the wise words of your King in the waste paper basket. And do not think Thailand is paradise if you get rid of Thaksin.........Thailand battles with internal struggles before Thaksin could read and write. Thank you.

" all protester should be accused of Lesse Majeste "clap2.gif

This is the part I don't understand? Why are Suthep's actions and his followers seemingly considered less serious than a journalist who writes a passage in an article?blink.png

Or a poor old man who died in jail because he did'nt know how to txt on his mobile but someone else who did, used the phone.