Singha Beer Brewery Distances Itself From Anti-Govt Socialite

Lite Beer

I met Paris Hilton at the Beverly Hills Film Festival in 2009. She was and is undoubtedly the least intelligent woman I ever met. The lights were on, but no one was home.

You're wrong. Paris Hilton is not smarter than Yingluck. I have socks that are smarter than Paris Hilton. Yingluck, on the other hand, is at least as intelligent as my socks, maybe even as smart as my belt (which,at least, has a buckle).

whistling.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To hear nonsense like this put out in the public domain who's main claim to fame is that she is richer than chrisus because her uncle has a company is very depressing.

Not helped by the fact that singha is believed to possibly be funding this whole event anyway. Businesses in thailand normally stay out of the limelight. I wonder where the bangkok bank family are hanging out?

Do they have a tent at sondhis do?

I think inherited wealth should bar people from voting and it should be taxed at 80%?

Debate ms. Chitimas?

1. If you're going to try and be smart, be smart and look things up. Croesus. http://phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/15/messages/193.html

2. I expect many of the billionaires in Thaksin's PTP and their respective companies have certainly aided financing in the past. Just an assumption, like yours.

3. Do you think Yingluck earned her millions or inherited it?

4. I guess if Ms Chitpas managed to secure face to face time with Yingluck, yl.jpg the upper hand may well be had by Chitpas Chitpas-Bhirombhakdi-11.jpgwho seems the smarter of the two.

Fire away..

Yes. Comparing yingluck and this woman is fair game. Both appear to be appointed through massive nepotism.

The PAD was financed by reportedly this bunch, and now we have a family member of a household thai brand saying the same thing that Sondhi said.

She has some pretty abhorrent views. She simply confirms to me that this whole mess has been nothing more than a local business turf war. At least yingluck is out there front and centre instead of this appointee.

You see, for all the flack that yingluck takes, you think in reality this other woman is any better? And yes, I think that the way inherited wealth here isn't taxed is very immoral.

Yingluck is out there front and center? Umm this 'appointee' as you put it is here ducking home made bombs while Yingluck is safely doing her usual tour once again.

I find it even more immoral that someone's brother actually abused his power and changed the law so he didn't have to pay capital gains tax.

capital gains tax in thailand on sale of property usually 2.5% to a maximum of 6% I believe. Land sale tax?

capital gains tax on sale of privately held equity, stocks and shares 0%.

answer: the rich just keep getting richer and the poor remain with us.

• Like 1

" Ms. Chitpas has been quoted in a number of media reports as saying that she distrusts the concept of ′one person, one vote′ as it is rigged in favour of the uneducated rural voters."

Wow, if she said that, it says a lot about the plans of PCAD. One man, one vote. Suthep's the man and he's got the vote. Fascists to the core.

She is quite right. The concept is rigged in favour of uneducated rural voters.......for the simple reason that there are more of them than educated urban voters.

I guess she could some of her, and her family's, wealth to educate some of the rural population. That might help, or it might not. Once educated, they still may not like the Democratic Party.

I can't see Singha beer sales suffering much though. I'll have to do some research at a few bars tonight to confirm though.

I seriously doubt this elitist view of who can vote or not is the Democrats point of view. PCAD are nationalistic fanatics, and while the Dems may despise PT, they aren't fascists like PCAD. They want power but they are not talking about disenfranchising the electorate.

How would you know?

They're not saying.

It's all going quite nicely for them though.

Tricky bit whether to stand at the election or not though?

After the election resume antics within the parliament and the PCAD outside?

If Chang ever needed a sale boost in the North and North East and around the mom and pop shops in Bangkok then this girl has just delivered.

They should sponsor her to do this sh*t, the moron.

My guess is she didn't graduate in marketing and advertising?

Edited by angsta
  • Like 1

For all the geriatric fools that drool over Yingluk, may I point out that this young lady leaves her for dead. She is young, good looking, filthy rich and her dad owns a brewery.

She is also smart enough to realise that Thailand's facade of democracy is doing the country a great deal of damage, showing a great deal more intelligence than those yet to get past the simplistic version of one man - one vote.

But she's obviously still dumb and simple-minded enough to believe that curtailing 'Thailand's facade of democracy' will solve more problems than it creates. Thailand was undemocratic for long enough and much of the crisis Thailand is experiencing now stems from that period, not Thaksin. If they hadn't turfed Pridi out, Thailand could be in the position of Japan or Taiwan now. But instead they were tricked by propaganda into supporting unelected authoritarian regimes... and some people are still foolish enough to believe that bringing that back will help the country. It might help them, but not the country as a whole.

• Like 1

If this statement doesn't show you that there is amart and amart in this country you are very naive. There is amart and there is amart and yingluck is not as high up that food chain as the singha brewery family.

It's like comparing Richard Branson and Nigella Lawson. One family has airlines and a phone business another is perceived to be part of the furniture.

The Shinawatras were wealthy tax farmers and were pretty much Chiang Mai nobility. They're now billionaires. If they're not ammarts then I don't know what is. And you really want to to compare Nigella Lawson to a billionaire?

" Ms. Chitpas has been quoted in a number of media reports as saying that she distrusts the concept of ′one person, one vote′ as it is rigged in favour of the uneducated rural voters."

Wow, if she said that, it says a lot about the plans of PCAD. One man, one vote. Suthep's the man and he's got the vote. Fascists to the core.

She is quite right. The concept is rigged in favour of uneducated rural voters.......for the simple reason that there are more of them than educated urban voters.

I guess she could some of her, and her family's, wealth to educate some of the rural population. That might help, or it might not. Once educated, they still may not like the Democratic Party.

I can't see Singha beer sales suffering much though. I'll have to do some research at a few bars tonight to confirm though.

I seriously doubt this elitist view of who can vote or not is the Democrats point of view. PCAD are nationalistic fanatics, and while the Dems may despise PT, they aren't fascists like PCAD. They want power but they are not talking about disenfranchising the electorate.

How would you know?

They're not saying.

They have made no comments that echo the fascist rantings of suthep and this singa fool. They have made no statements calling for a restriction of the vote. They may be playing the system to gain an advantage but they are still part of the system. Sutheps lunacy would harm them as much as PT.

Well, if one of the backers and supporters says something quite as public as this, it is their job to disown the statement.

Or you assume they support.

I make no such assumption.

"In the letter which was somehow leaked to the media ..." cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They leaked it themselves to media. I am sure they approved here actions.

In family like that you don't even fart without permission of the head of the family

The aristocats are now worried to get the bankaccounts frozen by DSI.

That happens if you mess with the godfather in Dubai.

• Like 1

How would you know?

They're not saying.

Perhaps this photo from happier days will help

IMG_2273-621x465.jpg

All together now, well maybe not..................

If this statement doesn't show you that there is amart and amart in this country you are very naive. There is amart and there is amart and yingluck is not as high up that food chain as the singha brewery family.

It's like comparing Richard Branson and Nigella Lawson. One family has airlines and a phone business another is perceived to be part of the furniture.

The Shinawatras were wealthy tax farmers and were pretty much Chiang Mai nobility. They're now billionaires. If they're not ammarts then I don't know what is. And you really want to to comparing Nigella Lawson to a billionaire?

I'd dared say the Shinawatra family are what they refer to as the 'nouveau riche'

These young idiot party members don't know what they can do them-self. They don't see clear the world, they don't know what does mean the life.

This dumb girl doesn't recognized her status only does what she think it is fashionable. Blows the whistles and tells many bull_s_hit from stage w00t.gif

So you'd be surprised to hear that she's actually quite well educated and quite active in the Democrat Party previously running for election.

Not going the easy route of the current caretaker PM and running on the party-list.

Quite stupid indeed rolleyes.gif

Quite well educated in her comments would be your view?

And what were her comments that drew on her education?

For all the geriatric fools that drool over Yingluk, may I point out that this young lady leaves her for dead. She is young, good looking, filthy rich and her dad owns a brewery.

She is also smart enough to realise that Thailand's facade of democracy is doing the country a great deal of damage, showing a great deal more intelligence than those yet to get past the simplistic version of one man - one vote.

But she's obviously still dumb and simple-minded enough to believe that curtailing 'Thailand's facade of democracy' will solve more problems than it creates. Thailand was undemocratic for long enough and much of the crisis Thailand is experiencing now stems from that period, not Thaksin. If they hadn't turfed Pridi out, Thailand could be in the position of Japan or Taiwan now. But instead they were tricked by propaganda into supporting unelected authoritarian regimes... and some people are still foolish enough to believe that bringing that back will help the country. It might help them, but not the country as a whole.

So if it were to happen then the people in the south as well as in the north would lose their right to vote.

It's a bit like before with the PAD the state trade unions were on board until their membership discovered supporting the PAD they would lose their right to vote.

Against privatization. Sure but not against having the vote.

I think the main union leader ,he with the long white hair, an absolute nutter, remains and is one of the PDRC leaders.

Pridi could never come back because he might start teaching the students about real democracy and the redistribution of wealth.

Everyone on here knows that of course?

She's currently on stage at Democracy Monument, giving a speech in both English and Thai. Much easier to understand than Yingluck. Seems like water off a ducks back and she's a little fired up to say the least! Phwoar!

Hell hath no fury like a Thai woman scorned.

These young idiot party members don't know what they can do them-self. They don't see clear the world, they don't know what does mean the life.

This dumb girl doesn't recognized her status only does what she think it is fashionable. Blows the whistles and tells many bull_s_hit from stage w00t.gif

So you'd be surprised to hear that she's actually quite well educated and quite active in the Democrat Party previously running for election.

Not going the easy route of the current caretaker PM and running on the party-list.

Drawing on her own education she believes it is unsuitable for the lower orders to have the vote.

This tells me she herself is one of the UNEDUCATE.

An elite peasant.

She articulates the same views held by Suthep with whom she stood alongside Abhisit and Korn.as shown above.

Drawing on her own education she believes it is unsuitable for the lower orders to have the vote.

An elite peasant.

She articulates the same views held by Suthep with whom she stood alongside Abhisit and Korn.as shown above.

God I do hope that was an intentional error...

An elite peasant? I don't even think the rubber farmers down South would be able to stretch it that far.

But, yes, she's very articulate. That English accent with which she speaks is (aside from being dead sexy) is something Queen Elizabeth the Second would be proud of.

• Like 1

She's currently on stage at Democracy Monument, giving a speech in both English and Thai. Much easier to understand than Yingluck. Seems like water off a ducks back and she's a little fired up to say the least! Phwoar!

Hell hath no fury like a Thai woman scorned.

Not to mention an articulate and educated thai woman. Again... Phwoar!

;)

To hear nonsense like this put out in the public domain who's main claim to fame is that she is richer than chrisus because her uncle has a company is very depressing.

Not helped by the fact that singha is believed to possibly be funding this whole event anyway. Businesses in thailand normally stay out of the limelight. I wonder where the bangkok bank family are hanging out?

I think inherited wealth should bar people from voting and it should be taxed at 80%?

Debate ms. Chitimas?

Inherited wealth should bar people from voting?

As a point of debate it's equally as relevant as her point of view.

An elite peasant.

An elite peasant.

Says a lot about Thailand actually.

• Like 1

Hi Sci Scum, keep on crying on the dashboard of your Ferrari.

Thaksin rules!!

Quite typical of the Red mob idiotic mentality, as displayed on this thread than more than just this ridiculous post and by some of the equally stupid posts from others.

They scream murder when Yingluck cops verbal abuse, or when her child is 'by the lies of Pheau Thai and Yingluck' is not verbally abused at all accordingly to the child's teacher, but turn a blind eye when one with a different opinion than them has their home bombed.

Thankfully this young lass has a mind to think for herself and express her views even if that does cause discomfort and consequences for her dad and their company. I would be more understanding and supportive of a daughter with her own opinions and strength to pursue them even at my expense than one who was her brother's puppet.

• Like 1

I don't want to beat this crazy op thread to death but I am doing so. Most of the world is striving to be democratic and here we have some ... Who want to have a dictator or pseudo dictator as their leader. My god. I thought we would go forward and not backwards.

If we have one hundred people in x country and 80 % vote to build a great (subjective) road,do we build it? Etc,.

I don't want to beat this crazy op thread to death but I am doing so. Most of the world is striving to be democratic and here we have some ... Who want to have a dictator or pseudo dictator as their leader. My god. I thought we would go forward and not backwards.

If we have one hundred people in x country and 80 % vote to build a great (subjective) road,do we build it? Etc,.

What if we have 60 people decide they want to take money from 40 people and spend it to benefit the 60 only rather than the 100?

Or if 51% of a country are unemployed, why can't they vote that unemployment benefits are twice as much as wages?

"Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half the time." E. B. White,

• Like 2

She doesn't like "one person one vote" so to me that means she likes one person multiple votes - which was like the same twenty years ago here in Thailand. What a truely dumb idea. If they do that then there is NO DEMOCARY at all. It is obvious that suthep wants to be dictator.

Not buying it, this is one of the rich elite families that support the dems, there wealth plus the other elites make the Thaksin family look like poor street beggers. I would suspect as more thais are becoming aware of the key players on both sides that there Sigha beer sales are suffering so they needed to put out this bs news out because they are loosing sales.

wow you serious?

Yes follow the money and the truth will be unvailed:

Top 10 wealthiest people in thailand; ( Names withheld)

#1 12,6 billion USD - True- note: 1992 masacure by then in power General Suchinda of the Red protesters stepped down from power then True made him Chiarman

#2 12.3 billion USD - Realestate - Central world among others, why do you think the Reds picked this site as there stronghold in the 2010 protest!

#3 10.6 billion USD - Thai beverage - well known family active Dem supporter

#4 7.8 billion USD - Red Bull - we all know the mentality of the current one running this company

#5 3.9 billion USD - Media & banking - Runs the network that supports the current protest

#6 2.4 billion USD - Singha Family - Current article Daughter is helping lead the protest!

#7 2.1 billion USD - Insurance

#8 2 billion USD - Broadcasting

#9 1.8 billion USD Medical/Hospitals

#10 1.70 billion USD Thaksin, this is after they took 2.3 billion USD but returned 1.billion.

So Dem supporters just in the top ten, 55.2 billion USD VS 1.7 Billion USD Thaksin, then you have the rest of the top 50 wealthiest Thai's most are Dem supporters and the number makes him look very poor. This whole struggle is about power and the rich elites not wanting to give it up! they can not win the power back through a democractic methods as the they do not have the peoples support for many different reasons, so there only option at this stage is VIa coups and in using there money/influence.

Edited by bkkfaranguy

Debate ms. Chitimas?

Inherited wealth should bar people from voting?

no but she appears to support the concept that the poor and 'uneducated' should not have a vote! at least not until her Dear Leader has had them 're-educated'

those 'silly poor people' don't they understand that having the vote means voting for US the amart? tch tch

I mean we were BORN to rule chai mai

Anyway let them drink "Singha" (wouldn't touch the stuff Daddy's house it's Dom Perignon all the way!!!)

• Like 1

Don't blame them in the least in trying to distance themselves from her.

They are obviously worried about the impact to their brand, I certainly would be.

When you consider that Leo Beer has a huge customer base especially upcountry, I would not be at all surprised if a boycott was already taking place.

I don't think so.

Politics will never get between someone and his cheap booze!

What cheap booze??? Singha beer is more expensive than Beer Lao even after Beer Lao has paid the import tax.

We can't get Beer Lao at any bar in my part of Isaan (Chaiyaphum Province) unfortunately as it's undoubtedly better beer than any made in Thailand.....