Bicycles question

taony

Hello there,

The search function is not working well for me this morning, so pardon me if this has been discussed before.

Can bicycles be brought on the BTS, MRT, SRT, Airport Link? Do people have experiences with putting a bike in a taxi?

I used to ride all over Bangkok in the middle of the traffic (before it was fashionable 555). But now I am getting a little older and more afraid of pain. My bike just arrived as I've moved back to Thailand and am thinking I would take one of the trains out of the city center to have some (relatively) peaceful riding somewhere.

Many thanks in advance!

Bicycles can certainly be taken on the BTS There are frequently individuals, and groups, causing congestion near the doors and generally taking up more space than anyone who has has only paid for one ticket should be allowed to.

Bicycles can certainly be taken on the BTS There are frequently individuals, and groups, causing congestion near the doors and generally taking up more space than anyone who has has only paid for one ticket should be allowed to.

So if the cyclist in question bought 2 tickets, it would be ok or still a no no?

It can get hairy out there. But at least there are more locals riding these days. So maybe there is more awareness and cars know we exist now. I like to stay out of the far left though, because that's where all the commotion is - restaurants, people, taxis, etc etc, (there used to be an elephant walking around Sanam Pao!). Just don't know if I am brave or fit enough for that anymore. Hopefully I can ride to work once in a while though.