Borax for Mange

egg7

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has seen Borax in the Khorat area? I'm currently in Dankhunthod but will will travel to Khorat to get the stuff if need be. I've seen several topics about Borax in Chang Mai and Bangkok but not in central. I'm looking to try the Borax, hydrogen peroxide 1%, and water solution to treat a dog with the early onset of Mange.

Any help, advice, or opinions on finding borax or treating mange would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

I can't help you in your area, but this is what to look or ask for Borax... sounds about the same in Thai as English!

It took me years to find, but I recently got a local pharmacy to bring me some in.

This is "food grade" which would probably be better than agricultural grade, for your purpose.

As for Hydrogen Peroxide ...I have never seen 1% in Thailand, usually sold at 6%, but a matter of diluting down with clean water... I think!

Feel free to print out this photo... You may need to go to a few Pharmacies to find someone to bring it in for you, if you cannot find! or even try phoning the company, with the phone numbers on the photo! .... and see if they will send in mail! (you will need a Thai speaker probably! )

I have been using to mix with sugar and water to help get rid of ants, it has worked well! a little bit goes a long way!

Good luck!

xSAM_0982.JPG.pagespeed.ic.Y450nfLuvv.jp

Thank you so much for the picture! That is exactly what I need. I'll try to look for it soon! Thanks again.

When we got our dog a stray Soi one she had a bit of mange just went to the local vet and he gave her a Jab had to have two lot's second one we did our self all sorted for about 200bt and only took a couple of week's for her to get back to normal.

If I was you Id do the same thing and not bother with Borax you could end up with the wrong stuff.

A number of years back, a Thai vet gave me the small bottle of this powder to ensure my dog didn't get infected by contact with soi dogs.

Hope the scan is clear enough, as I put the bottle right onto the face of the scanner. It's not large, but was enough to work for me.

post-77830-0-02106100-1387601267_thumb.j

Used to get mine from a local pharmacy, but then moved and couldn't find/order it anymore.

I've been ordering it online from a health food store in Phuket-- no problems, and have actually ordered quite a few other items from them since starting with the borax:

http://www.healthfoodthailand.com/miscellaneous-c-3.html?osCsid=ab39e1b416fec53f9eb41450bf22c5f9