Military must choose 'the side of righteousness' say retired officers

Lite Beer

Military must choose 'the side of righteousness' say retired officers

BANGKOK: -- A group of retired police and military officers Friday issued a statement, urging the military's top brass to choose "the side of righteousness" and demand the government implement political reforms, before holding elections on February 2.

The group also urged the current commander-in-chief of the armed forces to call for Yingluck Shinawatra's resignation as caretaker prime minister.

The group is led by former Air Force chief ACM Gun Pimarnthip, and former national police chief Pol Gen Pratin Santiprapop.

Also present at the press conference were Sqd Ldr Prasong Soonsiri, a former member of the constitution drafting assembly, and Lt Col Kamol Prachuapmoh, a former member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-20

A man with a pipe speaks...................

And the country regresses again.

Regresses?

It couldn't be more regressed at the moment thanks to this rabble.

I think they should just come out and remove this lot of idiots, so we can move forward here, why are they waiting for violence and death? They have the opportunity to avoid it. Thaksin won't back down, so his cancer needs to be removed.

It will happen anyway, one way or the other, but the military want blood to flow first and so does Thaks.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, because Thai politicians insist on behaving like school kids, and while most look apon coups as the wrong way to go. It is a sad reality that a coup seems the only way to bring the brats to the table to talk.

Thailand can only hope, should that happen, that this time they get the constitution reforms right, and put an end to corrupt politicians and their lackies, puppets and puppet masters!

well school kids....considering the 3000 people Thaksins "war against drugs" from which half had nothing to do with drugs (according to the police, so it might be even more).....

That's not kids stuff....

Regresses?

I think they should just come out and remove this lot of idiots, so we can move forward here, why are they waiting for violence and death? They have the opportunity to avoid it. Thaksin won't back down, so his cancer needs to be removed.

It will happen anyway, one way or the other, but the military want blood to flow first and so does Thaks.

From another thread on this forum, it looks as if the Dear Leader's thugs are gearing up for a conflagration with the police. 900 ping pong bombs confiscated from the Dear leader's activists on the way to this weekend's protests, some of his parade guards charged with firearms offences. Yes, it is all being engineered sep by step, if not by Benito, then by the real power behind him. That must worry the military's top brass because they know they that if they intervene it will be a disaster for them and the country.

I suspect, again from another thread on this forum, thet the top brass might also be concerned about the possibility of less senior officers taking matters into their own hands.

• Like 1

Just because they are retired does not mean they gave up their influence.

Welcome to the Puppet Show, where both sides claim moral superiority and neither is willing to share power. There is a small hope candle. Kuhn Abhisit said both sides need to negotiate...that sounds like the beginning of discourse.

I am going to wait on this one. I wait to see if Thailand advances. The military has shown great restraint in this dilemna. Things are changing...

I don't care which side wins. This is not a cricket match.

I just want Thailand to win, no matter which side plants the flag.

smile.png

• Like 1

Regresses?

From another thread on this forum, it looks as if the Dear Leader's thugs are gearing up for a conflagration with the police. 900 ping pong bombs confiscated from the Dear leader's activists on the way to this weekend's protests, some of his parade guards charged with firearms offences. Yes, it is all being engineered sep by step, if not by Benito, then by the real power behind him. That must worry the military's top brass because they know they that if they intervene it will be a disaster for them and the country.

I suspect, again from another thread on this forum, thet the top brass might also be concerned about the possibility of less senior officers taking matters into their own hands.

How will it play out on Sunday? On the one hand you have the PM who has demonstrated she does not want anymore confrontation and more flowers are on the Agenda. She does not want the military to come out of the barracks, of that I think we all agree

On the other hand Suthep with his faceless backers and threats from retired brass. He desperately wants confrontation as a way to get the army to intervene. If we have no violence then we have more D Days. Suthep needs violence as the turnout for his city rambles are diminishiing daily. He needs to kick it off on Sunday, of that I think we agree.

There is no point to his rally calls because nobody is resigning and the elections are not being cancelled.

Edited by backtonormal
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Puppet Show, where both sides claim moral superiority and neither is willing to share power. There is a small hope candle. Kuhn Abhisit said both sides need to negotiate...that sounds like the beginning of discourse.

I am going to wait on this one. I wait to see if Thailand advances. The military has shown great restraint in this dilemna. Things are changing...

smile.png

Nancy boy Abhisit and his discourse .... laugh.png

Thank you, was enough it in 2010.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, because Thai politicians insist on behaving like school kids, and while most look apon coups as the wrong way to go. It is a sad reality that a coup seems the only way to bring the brats to the table to talk.

Thailand can only hope, should that happen, that this time they get the constitution reforms right, and put an end to corrupt politicians and their lackies, puppets and puppet masters!

well school kids....considering the 3000 people Thaksins "war against drugs" from which half had nothing to do with drugs (according to the police, so it might be even more).....

Thanks, you sort of proved my point. While everyone is blaming the other for past wrongs and accusations of miss deeds, there is no resolving the current issues. All the blame game does is perpetuate what went before, That could be what the politicians want? but it will not solve the problems the country faces.

I am not saying they should be let off without paying for their miss deeds. But then they shouldn't be allowed to be politicians in the first place. Whence my view is they are like a bunch of school kids because they can't even behave in a mature way. The fact that they make statements without actually knowing what the law is shows just how pathetic they are. I refer to the comments made by yingluck about whether the election can be put off or not.

In any other country the PM would make sure they knew the answer before even making a comment, they wouldn't say " I have to ask academics and lawyers".

You are absolute right. Beside that in other countries it isn't that much better, just the talking part is more professional and the corruption is half. But it is also pretty bad.....

The only solution (as you say) is a constitution that really bites wrongdoer. Alone this ban for 5 years is a joke.

If someone did vote buying, he must be banned for lifetime from politics, government jobs, and voting. As well of course the people who took the money.

In many ways they did a weak job with this constitution....

• Like 1

smile.png

Nancy boy Abhisit and his discourse .... laugh.png

Thank you, was enough it in 2010.

Okay. Something is lost in translation here. What do you mean?

Thanks, you sort of proved my point. While everyone is blaming the other for past wrongs and accusations of miss deeds, there is no resolving the current issues. All the blame game does is perpetuate what went before, That could be what the politicians want? but it will not solve the problems the country faces.

I am not saying they should be let off without paying for their miss deeds. But then they shouldn't be allowed to be politicians in the first place. Whence my view is they are like a bunch of school kids because they can't even behave in a mature way. The fact that they make statements without actually knowing what the law is shows just how pathetic they are. I refer to the comments made by yingluck about whether the election can be put off or not.

In any other country the PM would make sure they knew the answer before even making a comment, they wouldn't say " I have to ask academics and lawyers".

The one that slays me, absolutely makes me wonder what planet I am on, is the announcement from the EC that they cannot reveal details about delaying the election because they might be "perceived as choosing sides". <deleted>?!

That is a quote that scrambles every brain that encounters it. I want my brains scrambled with cheese, darn it. And something else, again, that is hard to find at a reasonable price here. Give me my cheddar, my gouda, my mozzarella...

blink.png

The one that slays me, absolutely makes me wonder what planet I am on, is the announcement from the EC that they cannot reveal details about delaying the election because they might be "perceived as choosing sides". <deleted>?!

That is a quote that scrambles every brain that encounters it. I want my brains scrambled with cheese, darn it. And something else, again, that is hard to find at a reasonable price here. Give me my cheddar, my gouda, my mozzarella...

blink.png

Dare I say, I think you need to ask the academics and lawyers? crazy.gif

Everyone is lining up to get their turn in swindling the tax payers money....even the tax payers are swindling each other. That is the culture in thailand. No matter who is in power....corruption will still continue. Nothing changes, TIT.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

POLITICS
Military urged to choose 'the side of righteousness'

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A group of retired police and military officers issued a statement yesterday, urging the military's top brass to choose "the side of righteousness" and demand the government implement political reforms, before the February 2 election.

The group also urged the current commander-in-chief of the armed forces to call for Yingluck Shinawatra's resignation as caretaker prime minister.

The group is led by former Air Force chief ACM Gun Pimarnthip, and former national police chief Pol General Pratin Santiprapop. Also present at the press conference were Squadron Leader Prasong Soonsiri, a former member of the constitution drafting assembly, and Lt-Colonel Kamol Prachuapmoh, a former member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Gun said his group of retired police and military officers had been monitoring the political situation for over a month and realised that if the current military leaders did nothing, the situation would end in violence.

Yingluck and Thaksin's legal adviser Noppadon Pattama registered as candidates of the Pheu Thai Party, the party's spokesman Prompong Nopparit said yesterday. He said the party would finish verifying the qualifications of all its candidates by tomorrow.

Election 'will not be smooth'

The National Institute of Development Administration (Nida) asked 1,254 respondents for their views on the election, in a survey conducted between December 17-19.

Up to 55 per cent of the respondents said they thought the election would not run smoothly; 32.7 per cent disagreed and 12 per cent said they were not sure.

Asked about the political situation after the election, 47 per cent said they believed the political turmoil would continue; 22 per cent said they expected things to become serious; and 20 per cent said it would improve. Up to 46 per cent said political reforms should be implemented before the February 2 election, while 36 per cent said the election should be held first.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-21

I really don't like these Red's posting their brainwashed ideas all the time.

Reform starts with you and if you think Thailand is doing sooooo well then say it, if not then say that to !

Start thinking for yourselves !

Prey tell us how we are brain washed[/quote)

Well for a start you don't agree with him, therefore you must be wrong. You probably haven't been in Thailand very long, and there is always the possibility that you have an Isaan wife.

These seem to be the usual reasons!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1