Tamales

kcore

Just had my son visit and he was kind enough to bring over a 10 lbs bag of the real masca flour. I know how to make the fillings but, where the hell can I get some corn husk!? Perhaps other tamale lovers could chime in on this wonderful winter time treat. I can't remember a Christmas in Texas without pigs head tamales

I see corn for sale at many places, so maybe check markets or grocery stores. You may have to buy the corn, too. Or, maybe ask the people who sell roasted corn on the street if you can have their old husks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i have used banana leaves and found them to be very good for this purpose. After all, there are some parts of

southern mexico where i have eaten tamales cooked exactly this way, so it ain't that strange.

Banana leaves impart a very slight flavor to the tamale that you might find quite nice... i enjoyed it.

However, one friend brought me several packs of corn husks from USA and i use them, wash them

and re-use them...working well so far... managed to make 3 batches of tamales with same husks.

Yummers!

i stopped by kasem store yesterday, hoping to get masa to make christmas tamales... no such luck... all out~!

the gals said they would order some up from BKK and expect to be in stock on monday... i have 3 kilos reserved and

corn husks are ready to filled.

• 1 month later...