what's the best tablet/ phone to buy & where's the best prices

britpop

well it's xmas time, i was looking at a Samsung Tab3 7 inch screen for the misses, she's a complete computer novice, but needs the convenience of the internet and have a phone facility, i know nothing about tablets, they are about 9990B, but i was at True move and all there tablets and phones are half price, but i think you have to sign up to a years contract on one of there plans. i'd appreciate any advice, not on the misses, tablets and best prices please!!!!!!

I have a nexus 7 tablet, my Thai wife is now hooked on 2 of the games. (housework takes a back seat to THAT anymore)

I believe the Apple products MAY be slightly better, although they tend to want to charge you for more than the Androids (Nexus 7)

You certainly don't need a monthly plan with one of the phone companies here to get a smart phone.
Again, I have an Android (Samung duo) and started out with a plan but dropped it now that I know how to connect to WIFI when I'm sitting somewhere (it's in so many places now for free)

But, can your wife figure out how to do THAT???

I just prepay my minutes (do it online, through my bank), and it is much cheaper than if I had a plan (I think my plan was around 900 baht/month when I had one)

I bought my phone at Banana IT. I figured there I would be getting a real one. (opposed to the copies you see for sale at the markets and who knows what you get in the little kiosks downstairs of Big C)

I think if you ask, they'll tell you (copy or real)

Lots of choices in phones.
For a status symbol, I believe the I-Phone is tops, followed by the latest and most expensive Android you could buy.
Thai's seem to love colored phones.
I'm more of the: Just so it works, and works fast mentality.

The more you spend, the faster the processor will be and more capacity.

Many will take an SD card for storage.
What does your wife want to do with her phone? Play music? Take videos and pics? Send emails? play games? Or just talk on the phone.

By the way, a tablet is NOT a phone. but a smartphone does everything that a tablet will do. Just smaller screen, Plus it is a phone.

I hope that helps you somewhat.

Edited by fiddlehead

I have a nexus 7 tablet, my Thai wife is now hooked on 2 of the games. (housework takes a back seat to THAT anymore)

I believe the Apple products MAY be slightly better, although they tend to want to charge you for more than the Androids (Nexus 7)

You certainly don't need a monthly plan with one of the phone companies here to get a smart phone.

Again, I have an Android (Samung duo) and started out with a plan but dropped it now that I know how to connect to WIFI when I'm sitting somewhere (it's in so many places now for free)

I just prepay my minutes (do it online, through my bank), and it is much cheaper than if I had a plan (I think my plan was around 900 baht/month when I had one)

I bought my phone at Banana IT. I figured there I would be getting a real one. (opposed to the copies you see for sale at the markets and who knows what you get in the little kiosks downstairs of Big C)

For a status symbol, I believe the I-Phone is tops, followed by the latest and most expensive Android you could buy.

What does your wife want to do with her phone? Play music? Take videos and pics? Send emails? play games? Or just talk on the phone.

By the way, a tablet is NOT a phone. but a smartphone does everything that a tablet will do. Just smaller screen, Plus it is a phone.

Thanks, you are quite right, it's a smart phone i'm looking for, we have a business and it runs heavily off the internet, regarding bookings, i check our site and emails every couple of hours, but if i'm away from the house, it's a pain finding a computer to check in, i've only a small smart phone, so even i could do with a 7 inch smartphone, all the alert facilities although simple would be a great help, sometimes the reply emails can be as simple as a "yes we do", to full emails with attachments and add on's, now the main problem is, by the time i except a booking, call our business to book the appointment in, a lot of times the time slot has already gone, then it's emailing the customer back and doing the whole process again,

So she need to get in the 21st century, learn email, set up a live daily time slot diary calender, so as soon as a booking is taking it's added to the time slot and when i check in i can see what time slots are available and when i add one it will alert her smart phone, so on and so on.

It's really we could do with a computer at the business, but smartphones as i believe, can do these tasks and more, so convenient, portable, alert, email friendly, and a phone, yip that's a smartphone!!!!!, Thanks again it was helpful info wai.gif

Thanks, you are quite right, it's a smart phone i'm looking for, we have a business and it runs heavily off the internet, regarding bookings, i check our site and emails every couple of hours, but if i'm away from the house, it's a pain finding a computer to check in, i've only a small smart phone, so even i could do with a 7 inch smartphone, all the alert facilities although simple would be a great help, sometimes the reply emails can be as simple as a "yes we do", to full emails with attachments and add on's, now the main problem is, by the time i except a booking, call our business to book the appointment in, a lot of times the time slot has already gone, then it's emailing the customer back and doing the whole process again,

So she need to get in the 21st century, learn email, set up a live daily time slot diary calender, so as soon as a booking is taking it's added to the time slot and when i check in i can see what time slots are available and when i add one it will alert her smart phone, so on and so on.

It's really we could do with a computer at the business, but smartphones as i believe, can do these tasks and more, so convenient, portable, alert, email friendly, and a phone, yip that's a smartphone!!!!!, Thanks again it was helpful info wai.gif

If that is what you need then check out the Samsung Galaxy Note.

If that is what you need then check out the Samsung Galaxy Note.

ended up getting a Samsung Tab3 , 8 inch screen, looked at the write ups and reviews online and it come out top, in the price range for 12500 it's a lovely smartphone, all that has to happen now is the misses learn how to use it