NEED HELP! Homless today (in Bangkok), want to go to Ban-in Jai shelter

awilson11

did you come to Thailand just for touring, enjoying life, etc?

If you did that but you are not that rich man, money can be consumed in few days/month or year depending on how much money you have.

I wonder why you left your country and come here with no friends and sure job.

If you are in your own country, shelter would not be a problem to you.

Anyway, hope you'll be fine in the Temple

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP said:

i'm able to find out about the homeless shelter in bangkok called Baninjai, however whenever i ask around to my hotel personel (i can't speak any Thai), or my taxi driver, they've never heard of it, and the phonenumber (a 080 cellular number) no longer works. What should i do? I need some serious help.

I wonder why you spend your money in a hotel and you are using taxi instead of waiting for free buses to pass. there are lots.

Are you from Nigeria, Cameroon or South Africa?

• Like 2

Just curious how you got into this situation--if you don't mind me asking. I'm not sitting here with a bowl of chips and salvating over your suffering, but I am curious as to just how you got into your current predicament. It can serve as a "cautionary tale" to some perhaps....

Did you, by any chance, spend your last few baht on a 3 way with ladyboys at Nana, only to be dosed with scopoloamine and woke up with an empty wallet and a tingling sensation in your "special area"? (

)

Wat Mahe Yong, Ayutaya.

Excellent Food & Shelter for Mind & Body with many friendly helpful people.

BTW. Not necessary for OP, I guess/wish. But have to mention here because one poster is rather negative about rehab in Thailand. So. Very effective (international known) rehab at Wat Tham Krabok, a Buddhist temple in Thailand, located in the Phra Phutthabat district near Saraburi town.

"คุณสมบัติของผู้รับบริการ คือจะต้องเป็นผู้มีสัญชาติไทย (กรณีคนต่างด้าวจะต้องประสานส่งต่อสำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง)" The statement in Thai is excerpted from here. It basically says that you are required to have Thai nationality in order to be served. If not, they will contact immigration bureau to come and pick you up.

This could have been me.

Iam a 60+ woman, I was travelling alone in Cambodia earlier this year, silly old me got caught up in a Filipino gambling scam (google it) went back to the house of a 'lovely' couple to give reassurance to mumma about daughter coming to my country for work (it was all a bluff).

I didn't get involved in the scam, said I was on pension, no money to gamble. What I did do was to leave my bag unattended in the living room whilst having lunch in the kitchen....people coming and going the whole time.

I finally managed to get into the street and jump a tuk tuk, never been so happy not to barter for the fare lol!!!

Part 2 of the story.

I went to the ATM, but kept getting error message. I panicked all night thinking my money had been ripped from my visa card at the house.

I managed to contact my son who was able to get my account balance, all intact....the biggest sigh of relief.

I was due to fly to Thailand on the Monday, but I would not have been able to pay my hotel bill because I only had the one access to funds and money could not be transferred from home on a Sunday.

I hate to think of what the worst case scenario might have been.

It's easy to get into trouble overseas.

Sorry about the long story, always good to reveal scams tho.

I would give the OP a helping hand if he gets back with details.

Find a bargirl and move in with relatives.

One of my greatest fears in life is to run out of money and be at the tender mercies of persons with attitudes like yours, who view the misfortunes of others as some sort of amusement.

The reality is that if one day the money stops and should find myself in desperation Street my plight would probably be just of entertainment value for so-called loving family and close friends who will probably gloat at my misfortunes giving feedbacks with smart answers such as yours.

I think if I was ever to find myself in such a dire situation, than the best way out would be to go and jump off a high building somewhere or set myself alight and go out in a blaze of glory. The main reason as how I found the strength and determination to succeed in Thailand and that the proper management of my money is number one, was the thought of having to endure the put downs and humiliation from others or to be nominated by them as the loser of the decade. I would never give such people the pleasure of seeing me down in the gutter.

When I first decided to settle in Thailand, many of my family members and so-called bosom buddies said that I will never succeed here and will be running back with my tail between my legs within 1 year. That was 30 years ago and since have secured a good future for myself and family and can now stick two fingers up to these people as I am totally independent, I owe nobody nothing. But make no mistake, the worst can happen to any of us at any time, the mighty can always fall, could be health, a terrible accident, or a financial disaster, and before making such sarcastic and smart remarks about others, consider how you would want to be treated if good old lady luck runs out on you one day.

What goes around can come around and then suddenly all this becomes personal to you.

While that was quite an essay to his one sentence. Did someone you know like a relative make such a remark at you?