Noisy hotel

memomoulaee

I have newly moved in my new bought condo in Jomtien.

there is a hotel in my neighbourhood which has a live Music in its restaurant even until 2 am every night !

They make too much noise and I am retired and can not relax and I feel tiredduring the days .

I understand they should have music but how long?where can I call?Polis?city?...do they realy care ?

Agree with all posters above.

My condo is not too bad at present, in fact pretty good, live music is usually stopped before midnight.

Sound pollution will always be a problem here. I have industrial ear protectors, 2 pairs, in fact.

Soundproofing foam cones. Some will suggest answers. Most will tell you how big your problem really is and how stupid you were for coming to Thailand. It's a Thai Visa thing.

What do you do with them?

Stick them in your ears.

Or wrap them around the head.

Soundproofing foam cones. Some will suggest answers. Most will tell you how big your problem really is and how stupid you were for coming to Thailand. It's a Thai Visa thing.

What do you do with them?

Stick them in your ears.

Or wrap them around the head.

Most people put them on the walls and ceiling.

• Like 1

Count your blessings that it's only until 2am and pray that an all night Karaoke Bar doesn't open up next door, or even worse, they move the night market and that huge mother sucker music truck from Beach Road to your neighbourhood. w00t.gif

You are lucky.

I live in a house in a quiet neighbourhood. Four years ago the houses next door were renovated and each one had a swimmingpool built in the back garden. Our neighbour's pool is about 4 metres from our bedroom. The firt tenants to move in were an American and his Thai girlfriend. They used to come home anytime between 2 and 4 am and would then sream and shout in the pool for an hour or more before going to bed. They stayed there about two years.

Then a Thai couple moved in and we never heard them. It was so good to sleep all night. They lasted about 18 months. Now there is another farng and his girlfriend(s). They also come home 3 or 4 am and scream and shout in the pool. Last night I was woken up at 3 am and didn't sleep again.

So it's not only clubs and bars you have to be careful of.

• Like 1

You are lucky.

I live in a house in a quiet neighbourhood. Four years ago the houses next door were renovated and each one had a swimmingpool built in the back garden. Our neighbour's pool is about 4 metres from our bedroom. The firt tenants to move in were an American and his Thai girlfriend. They used to come home anytime between 2 and 4 am and would then sream and shout in the pool for an hour or more before going to bed. They stayed there about two years.

Then a Thai couple moved in and we never heard them. It was so good to sleep all night. They lasted about 18 months. Now there is another farng and his girlfriend(s). They also come home 3 or 4 am and scream and shout in the pool. Last night I was woken up at 3 am and didn't sleep again.

Please tell me Petedk that your going to grow a pair and say something about this. Confront your fear

To the OP, we have all heard many reasons why its better to rent in Thailand. Yours is one of them

• Like 2

You are lucky.

Sad story. Right now I would give an arm to be screaming and shouting by the pool at 3am with my girl before going to bed. That is even more sad at least from my point of view.

Noise pollution in Thailand is a real problem....

I don't have that problem but a friend of mine did in his condominium and what he did was enclose his balcony area with ANOTHER wall of glass (and used thicker glass than the standard 6-8mm thickness....cost 30,000 baht). Worked like a charm ...now sleeps like a baby.

beware though...you may need condo board approval if you go that route (my friend didn't bother...older building...no problem so far)

Food for thought...sorry to hear you have the problem.

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

are the foam pyramid cones available in thailand?? and where? cost??

would b interested to know where...

thanks

I don't know. I got them from google. I do know that foam cones work as a result of some sound rooms that I tested speakers in. If I wanted them in Thailand I would look to Ali Baba or whatever that Chinese site is first and go from there.

thanks

I don't know. I got them from google. I do know that foam cones work as a result of some sound rooms that I tested speakers in. If I wanted them in Thailand I would look to Ali Baba or whatever that Chinese site is first and go from there.

Does that foam do anything for low frequencies? Doesn't look dense enough...

thanks

http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/materials/acoustical-convoluted-foam.htm

thanks

Are you aware that the foam is flammable and gives off toxic smoke, usually heavy with cyanide?

Do you really think it safe to use such material in the manner suggested?

thanks

Are you aware that the foam is flammable and gives off toxic smoke, usually heavy with cyanide?

Did you read the link? What could go wrong?

post-187908-0-13191400-1387788813_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

thanks

For goodness sake, you stick the foam cones in your ears, you don't smoke them.

Mac's earplugs and a white noise machine are always in my suitcase as I stay in multose hotels.

The more expensive white noise machine has an headphone socket so you can also wear comfort phones.

100% effective.

All on Amazon

Edited by Beechboy

But you will get used to it after a week or two....and probably start to sleep normally again. That was my experience ( don't hear it all now, sleep like a baby...initially thought it would drive me crazy)

Was it during these first weeks that the picture in your avatar was taken ?

Yermanee wai.gif

It's hard enough to stop looking at your avatar already without you drawing attention to avatars. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

You are lucky.

Please tell me Petedk that your going to grow a pair and say something about this. Confront your fear

To the OP, we have all heard many reasons why its better to rent in Thailand. Yours is one of them

Oh I am not afraid. I have complained many times only to be told that it is "his F...ing right to swim in his pool when he wants to." Usually they are pretty drunk when it happens so all I get is "F..off. Stop bothering us a" and so on.

thanks

http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/materials/acoustical-convoluted-foam.htm

Thanks for the link. It looks like it only absorbs c.20% of the noise at 125hz. I imagine the numbers are about half that for 60hz, and half again for 30hz. So it won't help if there's a dull thumping noise coming into your home.

The foam pyramids are to stop noise from eckoing in your room. To try to stop outside noise from entering (not easy for low frequency) best to add another layer or two of sheetrock, to the walls, dencity and thickness is what stops noise, also as mentioned adding more glass to windows. good luck, for me noise pollution is not something I get used to, actually the longer the exposure, the more annoyed I become. grrrr.

You are lucky.

Oh I am not afraid. I have complained many times only to be told that it is "his F...ing right to swim in his pool when he wants to." Usually they are pretty drunk when it happens so all I get is "F..off. Stop bothering us a" and so on.

just dive in with them,happy days,preferably bollocko and pretend your sleep walkin..

Yep, the pyramid cones won't do much from outside noise, you'd need to double-wall (as above) and fill with something like the dense Owen's-Corning material they use for bass traps. There's a firm in Bkk that does them. To the guy with the <deleted> with the pool, I take it you have relieved yourself in there?