Business groups want reform organization to be set up before election

Lite Beer

Business groups want reform organization to be set up before election

7-business-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Seven business organizations have called on the government to issue an executive decree to set up a national reform organization before the February 2 election.

In a statement issued after a forum on Monday, the seven business organizations said that in the wake of the current political conflict, it was necessary that all sides concerned must try to find out a solution immediately.

All stakeholders who participated in the forum staged by the seven organizations have agreed unanimously that reform was needed as an urgent matter for the sake of sustainable peace.

The reform organization must have the endorsement of all political parties and the other stakeholders and it must be guaranteed by a law to ensure confidence to all, said the statement, adding that the organization must be free from political influence and its working agenda must be recognized as a national agenda for the purpose of undertaking reform.

The issues that need to be reformed include: election system which is free from vote buying and illegal influence and transparency in the procedure in the screening of members of the independent agencies; corruption in government bureaucracy and the private sector; economic and social structures which ensures fairness in the allocation and access to resources and reduces economic disparity: justice system which is fair and equal to all.

The reform must be completed within one year, said the statement.

It is of utmost important that the reform must be undertaken immediately no matter when an election will be held, according to the statement.

On top of that, the seven business organizations also called on all parties in the conflict to resolve their differences through negotiations and to join the reform process.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/business-groups-want-reform-organization-set-election/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=business-groups-want-reform-organization-set-election

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2012-12-23

Dear Santa

For Christmas I would like.....an election system which is free from vote buying and illegal influence and transparency in the procedure in the screening of members of the independent agencies; corruption in government bureaucracy and the private sector; economic and social structures which ensures fairness in the allocation and access to resources and reduces economic disparity: justice system which is fair and equal to all.

The reform must be completed within one year
, .................................so hop to it at knock it out by next Crimbo, big boy.

I'm still waiting the Lamborghini I asked for a couple of years back, so I hope these guys aren't holding their breath in anticipation............

• Like 2

" The issues that need to be reformed include: election system which is free from vote buying and illegal influence and transparency in the procedure in the screening of members of the independent agencies; corruption in government bureaucracy and the private sector; economic and social structures which ensures fairness in the allocation and access to resources and reduces economic disparity: justice system which is fair and equal to all.

The reform must be completed within one year, said the statement. "

This is an absolutely fantastic idea. These are laudable goals, indeed ! But implemented in one year ? To change Thailand into Sweden ? With this government ? With Thaksin and Chalerm huddled in the distance, amidst piles of money, counting to the nearest trillion ? Perhaps a thousands years.

• Like 2

" The issues that need to be reformed include: election system which is free from vote buying and illegal influence and transparency in the procedure in the screening of members of the independent agencies; corruption in government bureaucracy and the private sector; economic and social structures which ensures fairness in the allocation and access to resources and reduces economic disparity: justice system which is fair and equal to all.

The reform must be completed within one year, said the statement. "

This is an absolutely fantastic idea. These are laudable goals, indeed ! But implemented in one year ? To change Thailand into Sweden ? With this government ? With Thaksin and Chalerm huddled in the distance, amidst piles of money, counting to the nearest trillion ? Perhaps a thousands years.

You forgot to mention Suthep wand his backers counting their money to the nearest trillion. They want power for themselves, not the ordinary Thai.

Laudable goal. Unrealistic timescale. 30 + years is more realistic. All the current serving politicians, government servants, police, military, judiciary, educators and business leaders will have to have retired and replaced by a new generation brought up on the principles espoused before real progress will be made. In reality, it will be two generations after the current one.

There is no reform that will both see the Democrats win the election AND still be called a democratic process.

Come on, not so negative please.

After thinking it through a bit longer, I now agree with Suthep's plan for a People's Council to reform the country.

It's a viable plan, just as long as I can choose the 100 representatives. I propose 100 Swedes (members of ABBA excluded).

Don't forget we still have Suthep. Jesus can turn water into wine; Suthep can turn 150,000 protestors to 6 million. The two reporters who failed to report the magic number know best.

With Suthep at the helm, nothing is impossible.

The seven groups are not named nor are the individuals representing these groups. Who said which of the unnamed groups should be on the forum? This is not factual information without any details.

The seven organisations that signed the statement are the Board of Trade of Thailand, Federation of Thai Industries, Thai Bankers Association, Tourism Council of Thailand, Stock Exchange of Thailand, Federation...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/386323/reform-findings-should-be-binding-on-next-government-says-private-sector. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

The majority of the posters on here deride anything that is positive come what may. Why they ever bothered to come and live here is beyond any form of logic or sensible thought. Whingers and moaners of the first order and with no alternative ideas, as can be seen from their posts.

Maybe once in their lifetime they could have made a positive comment and offered support for the proposals but then again that's asking a lot from such people. Furthermore they also accuse the Thais of failing to come up with any positive and sensible ideas! Wonderful people.... to avoid.

The business groups who have been giving the situation serious thought and have come up with a unanimous proposals need and should be given the backing of every sensible minded person, Thai and Expat as well. Despite the fact Expats have little influence here moral support is important.

• Like 1

You lot clearly do not have a clue.....

This is all about change, and you all seem to be loving the pessimism.

Why can't you all be optimistic for once? Instead of making it look like Thailand is flogging a dead horse!

That is what makes me angry with the Thai farang, they have such a low opinion of Thais that they think that anything optimistic is impossible.

This country could be on the verge of a fantastic change, and I for one and going to support it and give them all the support they need.

I am not naive, and I am no newbie to Thailand. The tinted specs came off long ago.

But I do recognize a good roadmap when I see it, and this one has absolutely no flaws, although there could be additions to it. But it will be rejected by the Thaksin orientated PTP because it is too fair. But then again, how long do the PTP have left??

Not long me thinks.

+1 thank you for bringing some reason between the red tinted rubbish...

The majority of the posters on here deride anything that is positive come what may. Why they ever bothered to come and live here is beyond any form of logic or sensible thought. Whingers and moaners of the first order and with no alternative ideas, as can be seen from their posts.

Maybe once in their lifetime they could have made a positive comment and offered support for the proposals but then again that's asking a lot from such people. Furthermore they also accuse the Thais of failing to come up with any positive and sensible ideas! Wonderful people.... to avoid.

The business groups who have been giving the situation serious thought and have come up with a unanimous proposals need and should be given the backing of every sensible minded person, Thai and Expat as well. Despite the fact Expats have little influence here moral support is important.

Agree 100% thank you.

These are the leaders of industry and business in this country who are the only ones that have been keeping the country running and in any sort of economic shape during the last 2 years.

They have not only seen first hand the corruption but have been paying for it.

They can clearly see the flaws in the education system for they are the ones who have to recruit young people into their organisations and know the poor standard that education is producing.

They can see the abject mess the rice scheme is for the exporters are among their membership.

They know what state the economy is in and can see where things are heading.

Any reforms can only be to their advantage and that they are now taking a lead in proposing reforms can only be good for the country.

They now need to get Suthep to sit down with them and get him to join with them in sorting out just who and what a reform group will consist of.

Suthep's general aims are the same, reform starting now.

That he is now going on about getting rid of the Shin clan is really secondary for the Shins are on the way out.

When the courts get through with banning the 383 (312 PT) there will be very few if any left.

The Dems will also go along with an immediate start to reforms but PT will be dead against it.

Unfortunately it could end up with the reds coming back out, particularly when the courts ban the 383, the cops would stand back and do nothing and the army would be forced to defend the court and the judges, back to 2010.

I sincerely hope not

These are the leaders of industry and business in this country who are the only ones that have been keeping the country running and in any sort of economic shape during the last 2 years.

They can clearly see the flaws in the education system for they are the ones who have to recruit young people into their organisations and know the poor standard that education is producing.

They can see the abject mess the rice scheme is for the exporters are among their membership.

Any reforms can only be to their advantage and that they are now taking a lead in proposing reforms can only be good for the country.

They now need to get Suthep to sit down with them and get him to join with them in sorting out just who and what a reform group will consist of.

That he is now going on about getting rid of the Shin clan is really secondary for the Shins are on the way out.

When the courts get through with banning the 383 (312 PT) there will be very few if any left.

The Dems will also go along with an immediate start to reforms but PT will be dead against it.

Unfortunately it could end up with the reds coming back out, particularly when the courts ban the 383, the cops would stand back and do nothing and the army would be forced to defend the court and the judges, back to 2010.

I sincerely hope not

Tendentious nonsense from a predictable source with stale arguments long since demolished, and a few lies as well.As a refreshing contrast to this junk the Asia Wall Street Journal has a good opinion piece which among other things touches on this thread's topic.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304020704579275631180950354.html?dsk=y

Edited by jayboy

You lot clearly do not have a clue.....

This is all about change, and you all seem to be loving the pessimism.

Why can't you all be optimistic for once? Instead of making it look like Thailand is flogging a dead horse!

That is what makes me angry with the Thai farang, they have such a low opinion of Thais that they think that anything optimistic is impossible.

This country could be on the verge of a fantastic change, and I for one and going to support it and give them all the support they need.

I am not naive, and I am no newbie to Thailand. The tinted specs came off long ago.

But I do recognize a good roadmap when I see it, and this one has absolutely no flaws, although there could be additions to it. But it will be rejected by the Thaksin orientated PTP because it is too fair. But then again, how long do the PTP have left??

Not long me thinks.

...aren't you the dude, who almost absolutely and uncritical cheers everything that Suthep does?

clap2.gif

I sincerely hope not

Yo Skippy, coruption was here way before the shin clan came into the picture.

I agree with you on the whole. To reform you have to take the first step but I guess after so many years of corruption and poor management there will always be cynicism. Also individual expats may not have a lot of influence but the foreign companies that they work for and that invest here will certainly care what happens in Thailand, it is important to Thailand to keep investment coming into the country.

I, like you hope it all moves forward and the Thai people get some serious improvement over the current situation.

PTP have shown they are not interested in any type of reform. The demos are against the Thaksin family pursuing their desired domination of Thailand.

So what does the T family do? It says F U, to all who oppose us. We will put our bloodline at the top of the party list. Nice way to douse the fires.

Reconliation and reform? No chance.

Domination and dictatorship are the goals.

Democracy is not my goal. Remember?

There is no reform that will both see the Democrats win the election AND still be called a democratic process.

Come on, not so negative please.

After thinking it through a bit longer, I now agree with Suthep's plan for a People's Council to reform the country.

It's a viable plan, just as long as I can choose the 100 representatives. I propose 100 Swedes (members of ABBA excluded).

Can't we at least include Agnetha? wub.png