what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

Geeze ... I hope this thread doesn't get closed before thaiblether comes back with all these answers!

thaiblether ... if you get paid an hourly rate ... I reckon there's a fair bit of overtime in the wings ... whistling.gif

This could all get very confusing.

Reckon a new sub-forum is required to handle this. 'Thai people answer farang questions'.

It's not a bad idea.

I'll be glad to answer them all now in Thai language.

That'll really throw a spanner in the works.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, I've been living here long enough that I don't need to brag about that in every second post. Is it not even a little bit understandable that I'm not quite happy with this double moral? I've been working with Pig Teck Tung for some time, and I stopped counting how many doctors denied seriously wounded people to be accepted in the emergency room. Yeah, and these doctors call themselves Buddhist. That's what I mean. And I expected you to be smart enough to know that this is of course not related to every single Buddhist. But some.

You wrote, "In a country where almost everyone considers hisself as a devote Buddhist and wais to every single wat they come along, how come people still live in a way that couldn't be more un-Buddhistic (torturing dogs, ripping off people, being crazy about money, ...)? In a society where manners and rituals are so crucial, how come there're so many situations in which they behave like people from the 18th century?"

1. I replied no, Buddhists don't wai Wats as they drive along.

2. No; Thai people ,don't as a rule, behave like people from the 18th century.

3. Then comes your statement about, "(torturing dogs, ripping off people, being crazy about money,"

4. No they don't, no they don't, no they aren't.

5. Now it's "I stopped counting how many doctors denied seriously wounded people to be accepted in the emergency room. Yeah, and these doctors call themselves Buddhist"

6. Are the doctors you are referring to in the above quote in Thailand and at a public hospital?

Geeze ... I hope this thread doesn't get closed before thaiblether comes back with all these answers!

thaiblether ... if you get paid an hourly rate ... I reckon there's a fair bit of overtime in the wings ... whistling.gif

Chill D48.... That will all be covered from the revenue from the book sales.... wink.png

Honest question, not rhetorical.

How are Luk Kreung people regarded by the rest of the population?

I only ask because of my own (adopted) children here, one is Luk Kreung, the other Thai.

A little girl who lives in my village is halfie and she is gorgeous. blue eye's & brunette hair. I believe she gets teased often because the other girls are jealous.

• Like 1

I only ask because of my own (adopted) children here, one is Luk Kreung, the other Thai.

A little girl who lives in my village is halfie and she is gorgeous. blue eye's & brunette hair. I believe she gets teased often because the other girls are jealous.

Eldest is Luk Kreung and is very popular, like a sort of minor celebrity round here, but I think that's down to personality, very outgoing and engaging. I've seen no indication of anything negative towards her, ever.

I can't speak for anybody else. But to me, if they speak Thai then they are pretty much like the rest of us. Racial discrimination doesn't really exist here...... except behind their back. blink.png

I hate to admit it, but some Thai people really do enjoy gossiping.

I can't speak for anybody else. But to me, if they speak Thai then they are pretty much like the rest of us. Racial discrimination doesn't really exist here...... except behind their back. blink.png

I hate to admit it, but some Thai people really do enjoy gossiping.

Thai's love a gossip as much as us Brits love a good old moan. Oh, we do love a moan too!

How many Thais does it take to change a light bulb?

3 people + 1 ladder

1 guy goes up and take the bulb

2 guys lift 10 cm the ladder with the first guy then start to revolve the ladder ...

Edited by Loles

Do Thais really believe that all the "whitening" products will actually make them white - before they die of the side effects?

I'm Thai and have reasonably white skin. My friends often ask me what skin care products I use to keep my skin this white. I tell them I hardly use any, besides regular lotion and facial cream, it's because of my genetics I'm naturally this color. IMO - I don't believe skin whitening cosmetics actually work. I'm sure some do, but not to the extent they show on T.V. Young girls get sucked into believing false adverts which promise ridiculous results.

This was a very important statement from you (for your-self) cause you could say you have a white skin. In EU and America there are plenty of white skinned women (little bit more than here) but this type what you use I have never seen only here. We say this type white: cellar white, with this question: why does your father keep you in cellar ??

Can Thai-girls wearing too small shoes with their toes sticking out, not see it looks stupid?

Same goes for spectacles with no glass in them. What is the point of wearing frames without glass?

For someone who likes to judge the appearance of others. I'm curious what you look like smile.png

Just saying.

Edited by Loles

Can Thai-girls wearing too small shoes with their toes sticking out, not see it looks stupid?

Same goes for spectacles with no glass in them. What is the point of wearing frames without glass?

For someone who likes to judge the appearance of others. I'm curious what you look like smile.png

Just saying...

.... cause you are very nice chrystal-meth101

Kirsty ... don't worry about kandi too much.

They usually have to yell because they have little of substance to say.

I guess I haven't been around TV long enough to understand the fundamentals of how some peoples brain work lols

Don't lose time trying to do that.... in all too many cases they don't work whistling.gif

Don't worry, I've been living here long enough that I don't need to brag about that in every second post. Is it not even a little bit understandable that I'm not quite happy with this double moral? I've been working with Pig Teck Tung for some time, and I stopped counting how many doctors denied seriously wounded people to be accepted in the emergency room. Yeah, and these doctors call themselves Buddhist. That's what I mean. And I expected you to be smart enough to know that this is of course not related to every single Buddhist. But some.

You wrote, "In a country where almost everyone considers hisself as a devote Buddhist and wais to every single wat they come along, how come people still live in a way that couldn't be more un-Buddhistic (torturing dogs, ripping off people, being crazy about money, ...)? In a society where manners and rituals are so crucial, how come there're so many situations in which they behave like people from the 18th century?"

3. Then comes your statement about, "(torturing dogs, ripping off people, being crazy about money,"

5. Now it's "I stopped counting how many doctors denied seriously wounded people to be accepted in the emergency room. Yeah, and these doctors call themselves Buddhist"

6. Are the doctors you are referring to in the above quote in Thailand and at a public hospital?

The doctors are doctors, all the same at public or private hospital.

They are blase and willing to deny treatment to any-one if they don't sniff money-smell. It is no problem if some-one in need a life-threatening situation, or woman in childbirth.

If you show them your small finger problem they want to make an appendix operation. During my last visit they tried to sale for me a 10 baht valued nasal-dropp in 490 baht promotion price. (was a plain salt solution) I didn't take thought that it is enough charge the 1000 baht visit fee for those 7 minutes long show business.

If you don't see this or contest you are blind, brain washed or .... doctor.

Edited by Loles
  • Like 1

They are blase and willing to deny treatment to any-one if they don't sniff money-smell. It is no problem if some-one in need a life-threatening situation, or woman in childbirth.

If you show them your small finger problem they want to make an appendix operation. During my last visit they tried to sale for me a 10 baht valued nasal-dropp in 490 baht promotion price. (was a plain salt solution) I didn't take thought that it is enough charge the 1000 baht visit fee for those 7 minutes long show business.

I am a doctor. Care to substantiate your claim?

hattie-jacques1.jpg

• Like 1

There are basically three kinds of hospitals in Thailand. 1. Government 2. Like the Navy hospital at Sattahip. 3. Private hospitals. ( I am not talking clinics or doctors offices). The government hospital treats local Thai people for free for most things including medicine (Up charge for Farang). The Navy hospital has contracts with organizations like teachers and factory workers and treats anyone who works for them free and Thai people at reduced rates and foreign people for twice what the local is charged. The private hospital is like a Western hospital and has contracts with some work related groups, insurance companies and treats those people for free (if admitted and other services on a sliding scale depending on the insurance. A Farang with no insurance is asked if he can pay and after a day or so they ask for cash.

I've spent 60 or so days in all three kinds of Thai hospitals so I do have an idea about what I am talking. Private hospital for operation and after care in intensive care for a week around 100,000 baht. Same thing in the Navy hospital or government hospital around 30,000 baht. They both collected money every other day. My wife has insurance at the private hospital and Navy hospital and she gets treated at both for free and at any government in the area for free (transfer if they can't do the work locally). Mother in law gets treated at government hospital for most things. Some they don't cover, expensive drugs or expensive drug treatments.

I was awaiting a cancer biopsy report when the victims of a three bus accident came in. All of the doctors regardless of specialty scrubbed up, donned operating gowns and went to work on the 100 or so emergency patients.

Doctors in the government hospital are not paid by the patients (that is my understanding feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Doctors at the private hospitals are paid for by the insurance companies and the patients.

All three doctors types work part time at clinics outside of the hospital and I think that is where they make most of their income.

In the 60 days I have spent in Thai hospitals I have never seen a patient refused care. I'm sure this happens at the private hospitals but I didn't see it as most of the patients I saw had insurance.

• Like 1

laugh.png

Do Thai Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath or at least abide by it as they do in most of the rest of the World?

laugh.png

Do Thai Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath or at least abide by it as they do in most of the rest of the World?

http://www.propublica.org/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

In 2010, the Office of Inspector General for Health and Human Services (USA) said that bad hospital care contributed to the deaths of 180,000 patients in Medicare alone in a given year.

Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher — between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says.

Gosh think of how many if they didn't take the Hippocratic oath!

Edited by thailiketoo

laugh.png

In the end, we are the same, one man who wants to make a living. I doubt making an oath would matter much, otherwise there's be no divorce. Do western marrying couple take an oath, or at least abide by it as they do in rest of the world?

You won't get very far by making a living without moral compass. And I'm sure you already know that.

BS.coffee1.gif