Excercise/workout Machines?

jaideeguy

Going on a fitness kick....life is too easy here and i'm not as active as i used to be before retirement and i've put on 30lbs too much.

Been searching the too many options available in the superstores and sporting goods shops and have settled on getting an elliptical type machines and have seen at least 10 models. most are the same [to my inexperienced eye], ranging in price from 7,000bhatt to 20,000bhatt, made in china or taiwan and have mostly the same features. most seem to have unfamiliar names, but may be the same as the big names in the west...norditrack, precor, etc.

in my internet research, i see what looks like the same machines going for $1,000+ and am wondering if they are the same same, but without the amerikan high mark-up and hype??

anyone out there have any info or experience with these locally available models. the 7kbhatt model seemed the same as the 20kbhatt model to me.

I have a Crosstraner from Big C, Chinese made about 10,000bt, 6 months old and still working ok. It has helped me lose a bit of weight, blood pressure looking better and I feel better, 15 minutes a day.

The more expensive machines are far nicer to use. Smooth operation. Won't breakdown in a year. Fancy computer programs sometimes with heart rate monitors.

But...most are imported (tax, tax, tax, bribe) and quite expensive. For a pro gym quality brand B150,000 is cheap in Thailand. Seriously, alot of the treadmills and ellipticals you see at the big gyms cost B250,000 plus. I can buy a gym membership for next 20 years at that price. LOL

So if you plan to buy a cheap on, test it out good. Jump on for 10 minutes and give it a go. Find one with smooth operation and no computer extras. Taiwan made is ok. Lot of the big names are made in Taiwan. Skip China made junk unless is name brand.

Edited by CTM

• 1 month later...

:o

doe's anyone know if exercise equipment can be rented?, so far the comments are are about buying, i want to explore living outside of bkk and a fitness cener might not be available so buying or renting are my only option, and of the two i think renting is the better choice if renting is possible, do any of you know if renting is an option?

jasper

:o

doe's anyone know if exercise equipment can be rented?, so far the comments are are about buying, i want to explore living outside of bkk and a fitness cener might not be available so buying or renting are my only option, and of the two i think renting is the better choice if renting is possible, do any of you know if renting is an option?

jasper

Yes

When you here the words "I wanna go with you" you've found it.

Sincere apologies

Just couldn't resist it