Why and at what age did you come to Thailand?

i claudius

I met a very wealthy and beautiful upper class Thai-Chinese woman while studying to be a nuclear scientist at Harvard and she convinced me to come to Thailand with her on her parents private plane and I reluctantly accepted. Since then I have taken over the reigns of her parent's chemical and material conglomerate which has lead to record profits but despite my massive wealth, you are more likely to see me donating my time down at the local Orphanage than at the seemingly weekly Royal galas that we are invited too.

Edited by farang000999

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised the 'poo-poo' very 'moral' group hasn't joined in earlier. Idiots and trolls the lot. While the times have changed and the women working the bars aren't looking for a farang husband/caretaker as in the past, i.e. they are much more mercenary, I've yet to hear of one case of trafficking and my wife's village must have been supported by the ladies her age working in Bkk, Pattaya, Phuket at one time. There are still some younger working in Pattaya, I know because I met them and for damn sure they weren't 'trafficked'. BTW it is a very 'successful' village, clean, proud etc. and many of the women her age are married to farangs and I know many of them. Yea, I met my wife in Pattaya over 7 years ago-so what. I've no use for 'do-gooder, goodie two shoes', fools each and everyone and I'll be glad to say it to their faces.

I was a young 22-year-old US Navy sailor when my first ship, the USS John Paul Jones (DDG-32), made a port call to Pattaya in 1978. The famous hot spot was not so industrialized as it later came to be. I remember walking away from the main action (mostly centered on Thai kickboxing shows & a few go-go bars) for about 20' when I happened upon a small bar. There was a live man-woman sex show occurring on stage. For the price of two ladies' drinks (about $5 U.S.), two ladies got up onstage & performed a lesbian act for me. I've been hooked on Thailand ever since.

You mean you got hooked on sex shows and go-go bars, not Thailand. One would hope you've gotten past the cheap hookers and into the real Thailand by now.

As far as I can see "cheap hookers" IS the real Thailand.

The sympathy and empathy you all display for trafficked women is astounding. Astounding because it's complexly lacking. I'm sure you can all convince yourself that these women 'enjoy' being go go girls - cheaper than a happy meal - as it's part of 'their culture'. Well guess what- you're wrong.

Please tell me where these "trafficked" women are ,keep hearing about them from the do gooder brigade but in 23 years never seen or heard of one in "real" life.

I met a very wealthy and beautiful upper class Thai-Chinese woman while studying to be a nuclear scientist at Harvard and she convinced me to come to Thailand with her on her parents private plane and I reluctantly accepted. Since then I have taken over the reigns of her parent's chemical and material conglomerate which has lead to record profits but despite my massive wealth, you are more likely to see me donating my time down at the local Orphanage than at the seemingly weekly Royal galas that we are invited too.

Best story yet

In the early 80's I was 29 yrs old, and took an around-the-world trip with me friend. We went from San Francisco - Hawaii - Hong Kong. There we got visas to the newly-opened China and spent a month riding steam trains, it was fun! Back in Hong Kong we were looking for cheap tickets to India, but found out it would be cheaper to fly to Bangkok then buy our tickets to India. So we came here and I was smitten by the place (& by the girls!) After a month in Thailand we did a whirlwind tour of Burma for a week. Then went to Nepal, Sri Lanka, Europe and back to the US.

I LOVED that trip - it changed my life.

In the following years I've spent about half my time in Thailand, 6 yrs straight at the longest stretch, and almost 3 yrs this trip (so far). I'm grateful to Thailand and it's people for all the hospitality I've been shown over the years. I still prefer being here more than America - but I miss the 'old Thailand!'

I was a young 22-year-old US Navy sailor when my first ship, the USS John Paul Jones (DDG-32), made a port call to Pattaya in 1978. The famous hot spot was not so industrialized as it later came to be. I remember walking away from the main action (mostly centered on Thai kickboxing shows & a few go-go bars) for about 20' when I happened upon a small bar. There was a live man-woman sex show occurring on stage. For the price of two ladies' drinks (about $5 U.S.), two ladies got up onstage & performed a lesbian act for me. I've been hooked on Thailand ever since.

You mean you got hooked on sex shows and go-go bars, not Thailand. One would hope you've gotten past the cheap hookers and into the real Thailand by now.

Sure, the people, the cost of living, the food, the weather, the beaches and mountains, and even the temples have their attractions. However, the social, economic, and legal duality; the corruption; the scamming; the political unrest; the driving; the crimes, etc., are as repugnant as any place. Cheap hookers may not be the only reason to come or stay here, but l'll wager for the majority of falangs, they were one of the reasons; and many of the falangs don't want to get past them.

As an expat, I visited Thailand monthly for two years in the late sixties. From the 70's through the 90's, I returned several times a year on vacations or business from contracts in the Middle East and other SEA nations. Always knew I wouldn't return home to live or retire, because SEA held my heart. I figured Vietnam or the Philippines, but my wife, who is not Thai, preferred Thailand. Since 2006, here we are. I like Thailand for all its good points and despite its bad; still have no desire to return to my home country.

Cheap hookers may not be the only reason to come or stay here, but l'll wager for the majority of falangs, they were one of the reasons; and many of the falangs don't want to get past them.

For me it was.

Just one actually whom I met overseas while on leave from Saudi.

She was planning to go back to Thailand and told me next time you have leave why not come to Thailand.

So I did in 1996 at 33 years of age.

She was waiting for me at the airport; I was a bit nervous and had brushed my teeth three times in the airport toilet when I arrived.

Unfortunately French kissing suddenly became a no no.

I no like because I not a hooker anymore she told me.

OK so I bit my tongue and thought this will become interesting.

Which it did.

Haven’t been back to my home country ever since, still work in Saudi and every two months faithfully meet up with my favorite hooker so to speak.

And French kissing is still a no no.

Came here at 21/22 1978. Decided to do an overland trip London to Melbourne.

My father was killed 6 weeks before we were suppose to do the 10 pound Pom boat trip, he was going to work for GM.

So after university decided to go look at " what might have been"

Got through the skirmishes with the Kurds in turkey, the shah was on his way out in Iran ( nut jobs)?Afghanistan was about to implode for the Russians ( tanks everywhere) India was a nightmare, Thailand in the south was dangerous ( communists), Singapore was boogie street.I tried to get a boat from Indonesia to the west coast of OZ, couldn't came back to Bangkok stayed 18 months. Decided time to go home was when I picked up this girl in patpong,ended up unconscious ( too much smoke) in the downstairs Landry room in an apartment building in DinDaeng, my Levi jeans had been stolen ( western goods/jeans almost non existent then). Got back to my apartment in a tuk tuk, water surfing down soi ekkamai because of the flooding wearing a t- shirt and a towel..I had had enough at the time (that didn't last long).

After two assignments in Vietnam, I requested Japan and they sent me to Bangkok.

I was 21 years old.

In September 1968, I was sent Temporary Duty (TDY) to our small detachment in Ubon Ratchathani for 60 days.

In 1970, after several months of threats, the U.S. approved my application to marry a foreign national.

I married a Thai girl in December of 1970 and was told to stop working and wait for orders.

Then they forgot about me.

My wife's visa for the U.S. was about to expire so I made a phone call and we left Thailand 5 days later on July 30, 1971.

My wife returns to Ubon Ratchathani almost every year.

I go with her about every other year.

We have 3 daughters, 3 granddaughters, 3 grandsons, and .... 3 son-in-laws.

I was 27 and needed a break from working in the frozen north of Canada. One of the guys who I used to work with came every year to train and fight in Thai Boxing. So I came to see it all and give Thailand a try. It was not much longer after that I worked my self into a position to where I could move here full time. Came for the weather the easy life style and happiness!

After two assignments in Vietnam, I requested Japan and they sent me to Bangkok.

I was 21 years old.

In September 1968, I was sent Temporary Duty (TDY) to our small detachment in Ubon Ratchathani for 60 days.

In 1970, after several months of threats, the U.S. approved my application to marry a foreign national.

I married a Thai girl in December of 1970 and was told to stop working and wait for orders.

Then they forgot about me.

My wife's visa for the U.S. was about to expire so I made a phone call and we left Thailand 5 days later on July 30, 1971.

My wife returns to Ubon Ratchathani almost every year.

I go with her about every other year.

We have 3 daughters, 3 granddaughters, 3 grandsons, and .... 3 son-in-laws.

I know another guy just like you came here from the vietnam war ,had a heck of a job to be allowed to get married ,was told it would never last ,he comes to the bar now and again in the afternoon for a drink ,and sometimes brings his wife ,still waiting for it 'not to last ' 40 odd years later.

Sure, the people, the cost of living, the food, the weather, the beaches and mountains, and even the temples have their attractions. However, the social, economic, and legal duality; the corruption; the scamming; the political unrest; the driving; the crimes, etc., are as repugnant as any place. Cheap hookers may not be the only reason to come or stay here, but l'll wager for the majority of falangs, they were one of the reasons; and many of the falangs don't want to get past them.

I can't speak for others but I, for one, had never, ever paid for tail in my life so this was a major culture shock

It was never part of the reason for coming here but if I remember correctly, I think I expected to find most women to be of a similar calibre to a dear Thai friend in London who was cultured and educated.

Boy, was I wrong or what? laugh.png

I can't speak for others but I, for one, had never, ever paid for tail in my life so this was a major culture shock

It was never part of the reason for coming here but if I remember correctly, I think I expected to find most women to be of a similar calibre to a dear Thai friend in London who was cultured and educated.

Dating is a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by two people with the aim of the male getting in the knickers of the female. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, prior to coitus, together, as a couple with the male paying the bill.

Some males, being rather busy, choose to skip the middle part of dating by cutting out the middleman of restaurant, movies and pathetic trinkets moving from the initial stages of dating to the final knicker stage.

This normally occurs when a male has passed puberty and has lost his interest in games both on line and off and/or has been married a few times.

Edited by thailiketoo

Dating is a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by two people with the aim of the male getting in the knickers of the female. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, prior to coitus, together, as a couple with the male paying the bill.

Some males, being rather busy, choose to skip the middle part of dating by cutting out the middleman of restaurant, movies and pathetic trinkets moving from the initial stages of dating to the final knicker stage.

This normally occurs when a male has passed puberty and has lost his interest in games both on line and off and/or has been married a few times.

Of course, there are guys who hardly ever had to contend with game-playing females and could get to the "de-knickering" stage without all the <deleted> you mentioned.

This normally occurs - strangely enough - when a male begins looking at women like human beings rather than a "gash on legs".

Of course, there are guys who hardly ever had to contend with game-playing females and could get to the "de-knickering" stage without all the <deleted> you mentioned.

This normally occurs - strangely enough - when a male begins looking at women like human beings rather than a "gash on legs".

So Thailand is free sex for you. Congrats. No dinner, no movies, no trinkets. Sure I believe that. You should write an instruction manual. Free sex in Thailand would be a big seller, I'm sure.

So Thailand is free sex for you. Congrats. No dinner, no movies, no trinkets. Sure I believe that. You should write an instruction manual. Free sex in Thailand would be a big seller, I'm sure.

I don't give a rat's arse if you believe me or not.

I have a few "gikships" on the go and consequently, no, I don't pay.

Any bloke with a personality, who takes good enough care of himself and who actually likes females and their company can get laid regularly without net financial loss. Sure he might have to buy dinner or a few drinks but, personally, I've had many women buy me drinks and dinner.

Gimme a sec and I'll ask a few of them if they saw that as "paying to get my briefs off" one way or another laugh.png

I was enjoying this thread..then it reverts to the norm..I can get laid without paying etc..good luck..and so you should if your still young..go join another thread.

I responded to a post that suggested the availability of cheap women is one of the main reasons guys move here. I tend to agree but I just added that I most certainly didn't.

Frankly, that should've been that but someone else decided to insinuate that I'd never paid for pussy before coming here because I was somehow barely out of puberty, liked playing games and/or hadn't been married a few times.

I was enjoying this thread..then it reverts to the norm..I can get laid without paying etc..good luck..and so you should if your still young..go join another thread.

I responded to a post that suggested the availability of cheap women is one of the main reasons guys move here. I tend to agree but I just added that I most certainly didn't.

Frankly, that should've been that but someone else decided to insinuate that I'd never paid for pussy before coming here because I was somehow barely out of puberty, liked playing games and/or hadn't been married a few times.

His reply to you was rather infantile..?.I am not sure how long ago puberty passed him..

Any bloke with a personality, who takes good enough care of himself and who actually likes females and their company can get laid regularly without net financial loss. Sure he might have to buy dinner or a few drinks but, personally, I've had many women buy me drinks and dinner.

Gimme a sec and I'll ask a few of them if they saw that as "paying to get my briefs off" one way or another laugh.png

Just out of curiosity have you ever tried paid sex?

In a way it’s quite liberating when you can get your socks off without any emotional attachment whatsoever.

Just out of curiosity have you ever tried paid sex?

In a way it’s quite liberating when you can get your socks off without any emotional attachment whatsoever.

Sure.

I have now