Over 30 SMS news messages a day from company, what to do?

Doc50

This started about a week ago. SMS Thailand news messages from some a**hole company in Thai language. Inbox goes up to the 30 limit to everyday when I have to delete.

AIS company sim card. My GF read it and says it is news being sent to me every half hour or so.

Went to the AIS kiosk here in Hua Hin. They called the 3#'s and a star return number, ran through the push one push 2 etc. response no real person answers, they tell me OK it will finish in 3 days, it is now 4. GF did the same thing. It still hasn't stopped.

What to do?

Doc

A couple of options. One block the number, easy in Android, not sure in Apple. Two call AIS and tell them to stop it, they can and will.

Had a similar problem about a year ago, got a phone call with automated voice, hung up and then the crap started. Told AIS and they blocked and refunded the extra call costs.

Cheers

The solution is to get a DTAC sim and never use AIS again.

555+ DTAC the biggest spammer in Thailand ! You really know nothing ? :-)

If you ask DTAC to stop the SMS adverts they actually stop them and don't send any more. That's my experience anyway.

Edited by ukrules

It is easy to block a number with an Iphone 5S. I have done it and it works.

It is easy to block a number with many phones that are substantially cheaper too!

I wonder if you could text 'STOP' back to them!

I have to enroll the TGFs help for these sort of things..... annoying to know you can 'accept' such a thing by simply hanging up on a cold-caller.

Were the messages being charged to you or free?

No I do not have an iphone, nor DTAC.

I went to the AIS shop to have it stopped. So far bad results.

it happened to me a year ago. went to AIS counter and they stopped it in 2 hours.

suggest to go back to AIS ( perhaps another shop another counter ) with a bit of patient.

Yes, they do a bit also, just block them.

Op, what you need to do is get back down to AIS and raise your voice. wink.png

Simply call 1175 and follow the prompts to stop sms messages. Not exactly rockkfet science and works every time. Failing that press the option to speak to a person. They speak good English and have solved any issues I,ve had without any dramas

Sent from my Full AOSP on Rk29sdk using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Simply call 1175 and follow the prompts to stop sms messages. Not exactly rockkfet science and works every time. Failing that press the option to speak to a person. They speak good English and have solved any issues I,ve had without any dramas Sent from my Full AOSP on Rk29sdk using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The man has a plan. Same here. It's always worked for me.

If you ask DTAC to stop the SMS adverts they actually stop them and don't send any more. That's my experience anyway.

I second this one. I used to get spam messages with DTAC but once asked those to stop, there was no more spam coming to my number.

Simply call 1175 and follow the prompts to stop sms messages. Not exactly rockkfet science and works every time. Failing that press the option to speak to a person. They speak good English and have solved any issues I,ve had without any dramas Sent from my Full AOSP on Rk29sdk using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Or join AIS on https://12calleservice.ais.co.th/EPPWeb/index.html

You can do a few things, even send free txts but send an email!

- their English skills are excellent.but don't bother them with useless info about trips to here and there or what the g/f said and did, stick to the facts.

I asked them years ago to stop text notifications and I've never been bothered since.

Edit: Just went on the site and you can block numbers online.

Edited by easyride

The send less, but still I get maybe 5 per month from them.

A couple of options. One block the number, easy in Android, not sure in Apple. Two call AIS and tell them to stop it, they can and will.

Had a similar problem about a year ago, got a phone call with automated voice, hung up and then the crap started. Told AIS and they blocked and refunded the extra call costs.

Cheers

a third option is to learn to read Thaiwai.gif

No I do not have an iphone, nor DTAC.

I went to the AIS shop to have it stopped. So far bad results.

I also went to them and they said three days. It worked for about a year went back and talked to them again have not had a problem since. Both times I took the phone in and they did some thing with it.wai.gif

Throw that AIS sim away move to another operator.

Good idea start the same problem with another carrier.cheesy.gif

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this is helpful, I figure it out by myself, Google is your best friend, and a Thai colleague:

AIS Provider

Change language SMS and Voice to English:

Do first SMS, than the Voice. Then both sms confirmations will be in English.

Call *700

English press 1

Press 5

Press 2 for change SMS language → 1 or 2 for Thai or English, confirmation by 1.

Press 1 for change Voice language → 1 or 2 for Thai or English, confirmation by 1.

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/change-language-service.html

To stop messages from CallingPost, send an SMS to 90599 with 'N'. Within 2 days it will stop.

http://www.aiscallingpost.com/portal.html?tplfile=/index/callsignature&20140201113634

To stop other ads, login to AIS with your phone number. On top, at the right. http://www.ais.co.th/en/ Then you will get an sms with a password to login.

Next screen, click 'Your Profile'. Go in the Menu to 'Other Services' and then 'SMS Pereference/Cancellation'. Here you can choose what you want. Total of no SMS: Go for 'No, thanks' at the first one, and the last one, option 'Thai,English'.

You also do other stuff for your number, for example top up by creditcard.

You can also check your balance and change settings with the eService AIS app for Android & iPhone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ais.mimo.eservice & https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ais-eservice/id399758084?mt=8

For iPhone, it's in the American App Store, so change your Apple ID for a while to the US. Go in 'Settings' to 'iTunes & App Stores'. Click on 'Apple ID:..' and choose 'View'. Change the country to US. Follow instructions. You can use for Country 'CA' and Zip code '90505'. It's a working zip address. Your phone number can be 010 – 1234567. Select for payment 'None'. Follow instructions and you are now on the US App Store. Download the app. After download, change your Apple ID again to your normal country, with payment optoins.

When you open the AIS app, it asks about your phone number again, fill it in. Then you will get an SMS with the code to login. But if you have to close the AIS app for a second to look for the code in your messages, AIS will ask again for your phone number. So change the settings for notifications at messages: 'Settings – Notifications – Messages – enable 'Show Preview'. Now you will see the SMS with the code while the AIS app is still on your screen.

Hopefully this is helpful, I figure it out by myself, Google is your best friend, and a Thai colleague:

AIS Provider

Change language SMS and Voice to English:

Do first SMS, than the Voice. Then both sms confirmations will be in English.

Call *700

English press 1

Press 5

Press 2 for change SMS language → 1 or 2 for Thai or English, confirmation by 1.

Press 1 for change Voice language → 1 or 2 for Thai or English, confirmation by 1.

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/change-language-service.html

To stop messages from CallingPost, send an SMS to 90599 with 'N'. Within 2 days it will stop.

http://www.aiscallingpost.com/portal.html?tplfile=/index/callsignature&20140201113634

To stop other ads, login to AIS with your phone number. On top, at the right. http://www.ais.co.th/en/ Then you will get an sms with a password to login.

Next screen, click 'Your Profile'. Go in the Menu to 'Other Services' and then 'SMS Pereference/Cancellation'. Here you can choose what you want. Total of no SMS: Go for 'No, thanks' at the first one, and the last one, option 'Thai,English'.

You also do other stuff for your number, for example top up by creditcard.

You can also check your balance and change settings with the eService AIS app for Android & iPhone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ais.mimo.eservice & https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ais-eservice/id399758084?mt=8

For iPhone, it's in the American App Store, so change your Apple ID for a while to the US. Go in 'Settings' to 'iTunes & App Stores'. Click on 'Apple ID:..' and choose 'View'. Change the country to US. Follow instructions. You can use for Country 'CA' and Zip code '90505'. It's a working zip address. Your phone number can be 010 – 1234567. Select for payment 'None'. Follow instructions and you are now on the US App Store. Download the app. After download, change your Apple ID again to your normal country, with payment optoins.

When you open the AIS app, it asks about your phone number again, fill it in. Then you will get an SMS with the code to login. But if you have to close the AIS app for a second to look for the code in your messages, AIS will ask again for your phone number. So change the settings for notifications at messages: 'Settings – Notifications – Messages – enable 'Show Preview'. Now you will see the SMS with the code while the AIS app is still on your screen.

apple....clap2.gif

on android you just select the number theyre coming from and a menu pops up

block calls ?

block sms's ?

both ?giggle.gif

Yeah seriously... how anyone can stand using DTAC I don't know. No wonder everyone in Thailand uses Line - it's because regular SMS are almost always junk from the provider.