Court dismisses action brought by Thaksin

webfact

Possibly it suits everyone's purpose that he remains out of the country. Might explain the ease with which he fled the country.

He didn't flee, he was ousted in a military coup while holding a lecture about democracy at the U.N. Then he was convicted on trumped up charges and never extradited. And now you claim this was due to it being best for everyone. I want what you are smoking.

Well I certainly don't want whatever it is that you are smoking. It obviously sends people crazy ! clap2.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly it suits everyone's purpose that he remains out of the country. Might explain the ease with which he fled the country.

He didn't flee, he was ousted in a military coup while holding a lecture about democracy at the U.N. Then he was convicted on trumped up charges and never extradited. And now you claim this was due to it being best for everyone. I want what you are smoking.

Well, if he's innocent, why doesn't he just come back then? Face the courts! If they are "trumped up charges", why not going to an independent international court?

Look at the case for what he got done for, can you point out exactly where he didn't abuse his power in regards to the tax laws and land deals (as well as others)? That will be interesting viewing for us to see.

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this put to rest the anti-government protesters claim that the Thaksin regime has infiltrated and corrupted every aspect of the government and legal system? Doesn't this show that the system, while in need of fixing, isn't completely broken beyond repair?

No, it doesn't put to rest.

There's a lot more to the checks and balances being corrupted than just this solitary ruling by the central administrative court.

and in any case, interpol said they will never comply to go after TS... go figure why

Can you supply proof for your made-up claim?

I have never known a debate where one side makes up so many outlandish claims, avoid responding to difficult or hypothetical questions and turn a blind eye to unethical practices more than the Red Shirt supporting side do.

They post some weird stuff, then you ask them to elaborate or ask them something and they disappear from the thread and pop up again elsewhere and do it all again. It was like one poster, who though did post up some fair comments, would moan about the anti-Government supporters not compromising over Thaksin but refused blankly to offer a fair compromise in return. Was just a continuing loop.

• Like 1

Maybe no one actually wants him back here. He is quite free to return on his own accord. If his is so innocent, why doesn't he come back and fight his charges?

People keep re-iterating how corrupt Thailand is ... umm ... because it is corrupt. Are you suggesting it isn't?

Because he has already been sentenced. There is nothing to fight.

No I am not suggesting it isn't. I am suggesting that corruption exists in all countries. That most people who point their fingers to Thailand without seeing the corruption at home are hypocrites.

If you don't want to hear answers to your questions, and your aggressive manner of responding to them suggests you don't, then don't ask them.

Asking you what you are smoking is aggressive according to you? I am still waiting for an answer as to why he was not extradited during the dictatorship.

Do more research.

He came back in 2008. He was out on bail for his charges. He got permission to go to the Olympics. He didn't return.

That sounds like fleeing to me.

It does to me as well. My bad.

They post some weird stuff, then you ask them to elaborate or ask them something and they disappear from the thread and pop up again elsewhere and do it all again. It was like one poster, who though did post up some fair comments, would moan about the anti-Government supporters not compromising over Thaksin but refused blankly to offer a fair compromise in return. Was just a continuing loop.

Again, I am still waiting for an answer as to why he was not extradited.

"Thaksin, who is now in self-exile" AKA on the run.

If Thaksin is so guilty, how come no country will extradite him? He's freely travelling to countries like U.S and Singapore without being arrested.

It's funny how you people keep re-iterating how corrupt Thailand is. But you only apply that corruption where it suits you.

Because money talks and B/S walks

If you don't want to hear answers to your questions, and your aggressive manner of responding to them suggests you don't, then don't ask them.

Asking you what you are smoking is aggressive according to you? I am still waiting for an answer as to why he was not extradited during the dictatorship.

Asking someone if they are on drugs because they give an answer you dislike is aggressive. I gave you an answer, you didn't like it. If you've forgotten it, just scroll back and reread it.

Edited by Bluespunk

Asking someone if they are on drugs because they give an answer you dislike is aggressive. I gave you an answer, you didn't like it. If you've forgotten it, just scroll back and reread it.

That is not an answer, that is a far-fetched guess. And an absurd one at that. For your sake I hoped you were on drugs, because that would explain your simple mindedness.

Aggressive is re-iterating what a criminal Thaksin, how him and his family should be put in prison, or even as some suggest, be killed.

If Thaksin is so guilty, how come no country will extradite him? He's freely travelling to countries like U.S and Singapore without being arrested.

It's funny how you people keep re-iterating how corrupt Thailand is. But you only apply that corruption where it suits you.

There is no extradition agreement between Dubai and Thailand.

Because some countries don't have extradition agreements with Thailand and as for the US, they have invested a lot in Thaksin

which has brought America's war companies to Thailand. It's because of Thaksin you have Lockheed Martin, Monsanto and their GMO food, Merck and Smith Glaxo Kline's toxic vaccine's, torture prisons and the list does go on. The USA is far more corrupt than Thailand will ever be and they need

a puppet like Thaksin to secure their interests in this part of the world.

• Like 2

"while holding a lecture about democracy at the U.N."

IIRC time-expired caretaker-PM Thaksin was due to give a speech at the UN, the day after the military took over, and didn't actually give the speech, in the end.

Which is rather less dramatic, than the way you state things happened, but truth trumps fairy-tale, doesn't it ? ! wink.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Thai_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

• Like 1

There are one good reason why.... It's called the power of too much money :P

• Like 1

I guess for the same reason Thaksin is running around with a valid Thai passport illegally issued, because his government is looking after him.

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

Or maybe they know if he is brought back to Thailand, all hell will break loose with the rent a mob Red Shirts

someone with brains hoped he would keep his word and stay out of politics

Diceq do you always walk around with Rose Coloured Glasses

I guess for the same reason Thaksin is running around with a valid Thai passport illegally issued, because his government is looking after him.

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

Or maybe they know if he is brought back to Thailand, all hell will break loose with the rent a mob Red Shirts

someone with brains hoped he would keep his word and stay out of politics

Diceq do you always walk around with Rose Coloured Glasses

• Like 2

I'm guessing that the multi-billionaire criminal fugitive wasn't extradited because most countries do not extradite bail-jumpers to a country where there has been a coup as the politics of coups would be too hard for their voters to understand and so it would just make them look bad. Then of course, they might prefer to continue doing business there with the next govt. rather than stand on principle - and a rather lonely stand it would be: 'Money makes the world go round', doncha know ?

Edited by GazR

wrong...charged and convicted of a dodgy land deal involving his wife...then did a runner to escape a jail term. If you were smoking anything under the Thaksin rule you would probably be dead under the war on drugs scam.

• Like 2

Because his sister and her government provided him with a diplomatic passport.

Again, even if this is true, it happened after the military dictatorship. It does not answer the question why he was never extradited during the military dictatorship.

Because he was only convicted when his brother in law was PM already.

• Like 2

wrong...charged and convicted of a dodgy land deal involving his wife...then did a runner to escape a jail term. If you were smoking anything under the Thaksin rule you would probably be dead under the war on drugs scam.

Enough temper tantrums: The plain fact is that while out on bail, Thaksin asked to be allowed to go to China to watch the Olympic Games in Beijing, and he then became one of Thailand's most famous 'runners'. In fact, most if not all of Thailand's best 'runners' have been closely associated with Thaksin.

• Like 1