Thai police chief: No live bullets fired by police

webfact

December 26, 2013; Anti-government protests escalate into armed insurgency.

3 Protestors with shot wounds, 1 sadly died.

Premeditated murder charges for Surapong to follow. Snipers on top of labor Ministry building (Chalerm's office). Sufficient evidence (including images) available.

Yes, right, and even with that picture. Are they police? Are they reds? Are they yellow? Are just some freaking anarchic that wanted to put violence on? You know it for sure, will you enlighten me please?

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw that the riot police had red scarf around their neck. Are they the red shirt police sent in to stop the protestors?

If I understand correctly different police units have different colored scarves to identify which unit they come from.

It was reported some time back that most of the riot police being used are from the north and northeast.

There was an interview with some of them, don't remember where I saw it, with them saying they were very unhappy as they had not been able to be with their families for a matter of weeks.

It also showed where they had to stay in temporary accommodation with many of them in one large room in a government building, some having to sleep on the floor, others in hammocks.

One said he only had 2 changes of uniform with him and had to wash one every day, although they did say the food was good.

If the ones who are here now are experiencing the same conditions then they are likely to be taking out their frustration on the protesters.

• Like 1

Three years ago, protesters were demanding free and fair elections.

Today protesers are demanding an end to free and fair elections.

Perhaps the Thais should adopt a Korean solution.

- A free and open democracy in the North

and a Dictatorship for Bangkok and the South.

Everybody happy - problem solved.

Do you think we have free and fair election today? Even the PTP supporters know this is not true but they are glad that they will win every time for the reason they know.

A lie which is spoken a million time is still a liew00t.gif

• Like 1

North Thailand and South Thailand. Me like. Problem solved. Let the idiots have Bangkok. Then they'll have to clean their own toilets, wash their own dishes, buy rice from the North at expensive prices.

• Like 1

Do you think we have free and fair election today? Even the PTP supporters know this is not true but they are glad that they will win every time for the reason they know.

Explain why they wouldn't be free and fair election. Suthep repeats to us everyday the large majority wants Shinawatra out and so?

How they could trick elections? I even heard invitations of independent foreign organizations to watch the election process.

• Like 1

Explain why they wouldn't be free and fair election. Suthep repeats to us everyday the large majority wants Shinawatra out and so?

How they could trick elections? I even heard invitations of independent foreign organizations to watch the election process.

May I assume that you are farang? OK since you ask me. I would give a a left shoe and tell you if my party win, you will get the right shoe (this method is for the very poor people) I would give you coupon for certain among and tell you if my party win, you can come to cash it . Ant they have actually honour their promises for years. The mechanism is very mature so that they can organise a snap election and still be the sure win. I hope my answer can help you to understand independent foreign organisation watching the election process means nothing.

May I assume that you are farang? OK since you ask me. I would give a a left shoe and tell you if my party win, you will get the right shoe (this method is for the very poor people) I would give you coupon for certain among and tell you if my party win, you can come to cash it . Ant they have actually honour their promises for years. The mechanism is very mature so that they can organise a snap election and still be the sure win. I hope my answer can help you to understand independent foreign organisation watching the election process means nothing.

Yes, I am farang. (I prefer being called a foreigner, or westerner how you like better).

I work and live here from years and I have friends all around Thailand. I will anyway NEVER tell, I have been living here for xxx years so I know more than you.

In my group of friends we are all married with Thai ladies. Some well educated, some from farmers families, some from North, some from South.

I know some families paid from Democrat to go to vote in Central and South Thailand. I know some families in North East getting money for vote for PTP, someone got also from both parties. And someone after got the money will vote for who they like.

Be careful to listen only to the Democrats... because the problem is not the vote buying.

In any case even if the system exists. Do you think exists only for PTP, not for Dems? Why in the South they have a large preference?

No, I don't think vote buying is a legal practice, but on both sides.

And now: Suthep again is telling us everyday the majority of people sides with him. So how they can be influenced by vote buying?

Something is wrong here...

Let me add: after the rice scheme, and seeing that farmers are going to not be honored, if Suthep and Abhisit would have been patient, this weapon could have been the winning ace at the next election. But if they are just babies stomping their feet and leave the football field because they cannot win, well... Their bad. And ops. Now they want to get the ball and close the field as well. Or us or anyone. Level: playschool.

Edited by newcomer71

Well, I was living in a central Isaan village at the time of two of the last three general elections, and have never seen anything like a coupon system. I have seen cash paid for votes by all the major parties, and have heard some take money from more than one party. Voting is in a booth and one cannot see how people vote. I have also talked with many people who say they would not take money. 15,744,190 voted for PT in 2011. That would represent an awful lot of money if all were paid even 200 baht each. Moreover in the NE it would not matter how much the Democrat Party paid because the feeling against them is so strong that they have no possibility of winning. How many voters do you imagine were paid? Have you ever lived in Isaan? I am doubtful.

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

Okay I'm Thai with Thai ID and passport so I am not sure if you know more than me. Since we all live in Thailand, let's hope thing can get better but not worse. I am no fan of Suthep but I think the current government is very rotten in my opinion.

Seeing fellow Thai people get killed is very heart breaking for me indeed.

• Like 2

Please remember that it was not only the police shot dead that where wounded. Bangkokpost reports that along with the police officer shot dead, there where 15 officers with gunshot wounds. That is a lot of police hit.

So ask yourself the question. Who have anything to gain from chaos this time? PT going to an election they will most likely win? Do they have any reason for it to be postponed? Or have the army interfere? No.

• Like 1

Okay I'm Thai with Thai ID and passport so I am not sure if you know more than me. Since we all live in Thailand, let's hope thing can get better but not worse. I am no fan of Suthep but I think the current government is very rotten in my opinion.

As you appear to be one of the very few posters here who actually can vote, why do you want to abolish elections? If the current government is as bad as you say it is, surely you would jump at the chance to vote them out of office.

North Thailand and South Thailand. Me like. Problem solved. Let the idiots have Bangkok. Then they'll have to clean their own toilets, wash their own dishes, buy rice from the North at expensive prices.

Haha, I can only imagine the amount of my taxes that go to placate the peasants. Let me invest it in Bangkok, and the farmers can support their own selves?

• Like 1

"Asked about the diminishing image of the Thai police, Pol Gen Adul said police are obliged to strictly adhere to the law and perform their duties with patience."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It is interesting to note that the lower ranks of the police force are moaning about lack of leadership from their commanders.

What do you expect when Thaksin has hand picked them to cater for his needs, just as the ministers in his cabinet have been and with (zero political experience) useless Yingluck at the helm of the Titanic!!

Pick a bunch of losers that are not there on merit and they are not going to perform as they should, are they.

Those complaining police even mentioned that they are seriously considering taking their hand pisols with them and disobeying their superior's orders.

The police are a shambollic and dangerous lot!! At least the army are disciplined and on the right side of the equation

What's more, the army chief HASN'T ruled out a coup - things are starting to warm up now!!

• Like 1

As you appear to be one of the very few posters here who actually can vote, why do you want to abolish elections? If the current government is as bad as you say it is, surely you would jump at the chance to vote them out of office.

I think I have expressed why if you read my previous posts. Yes I can vote for sure.

The Democrats have been using the vote buying excuse for years. Whenever Puea Thai wins, it's because they bought the votes. Elections are only fair if the Democrats win, which was never for the past 23 years.

The Democrats just can't accept that the majority of Thais are backing Puea Thai.

For centuries, Thailand has been controlled by a rich and powerful minority. They are now desperately trying to hold onto power at all costs.

What about the fact that canvassers from the Democrat party are not allowed to carry out their duties in many parts of the North East.

Is that free and fair?

Also is it right that if you live in a RED shirt village you HAVE to be a RED shirt... What's that about?

Well, I was living in a central Isaan village at the time of two of the last three general elections, and have never seen anything like a coupon system. I have seen cash paid for votes by all the major parties, and have heard some take money from more than one party. Voting is in a booth and one cannot see how people vote. I have also talked with many people who say they would not take money. 15,744,190 voted for PT in 2011. That would represent an awful lot of money if all were paid even 200 baht each. Moreover in the NE it would not matter how much the Democrat Party paid because the feeling against them is so strong that they have no possibility of winning. How many voters do you imagine were paid? Have you ever lived in Isaan? I am doubtful.

just for accuracy: 15,744.190 voted for PT in the proportional vote. that leaves 16, 781.314 who voted for another party.

The main thing that needs to happen is a general reform to how things are done.

If you go to Korea, you will notice it is the other way round, with those in the North unanimously elected and living like kings while the peasants starve. Meanwhile in the south, they have a rather turbulent parliament, and quite a few public protests. I would expect a similar result to your scenario, if Thaksin could be convinced to take only half the country.

The other paper is reporting that the G40 senators turned up at the stadium and were booed and hissed and by the police who then started throwing things at the senators. Nuff said Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We ll know that the G40 senators are hand pick by PAD (selected, not elected).

Even if that were the case, are you condoning the police's actions?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No we won't buy it from the north

So it seems that the photos doing the rounds of armed protesters that were published by Thai Rath were in fact photos from 2008 published "in error" Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was photo on the forums the other day. Reported as The current protestoers, and U thought the photo looked familiar