Bangkok: Taxi driver beaten unconscious by anti-govt protesters

webfact

Poor guy he was just trying to do his job. Why can't the military just step and tell the protesters to clear off?

As soon as red shirts put a foot wrong you can be sure that this bastion of the ruling classes will make an appearance. sad.png

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe that any Farang from a democratic western nation would support the fascist protesters.

The Government has been democratically elected.... Let them govern.

Can you imagine all the wealthy people in the USA or UK rioting in the streets, shooting policemen and savagely assaulting taxi drivers because they dont like who the majority of the country had voted into power.

the attack was shameful, and very disappointing to see.

If anyone has details of where this taxi driver is, I would welcome a PM, as I would be willing to make a donation and support any costs of his medical care.

For what it is worth, I don't really place so much faith that this is any sort of majority view of the people protesting against the government (to beat up a single person) any more than a small minority of the red shirt mob who were in 2009 then again in 2010 "rioting in the streets, shooting people and assaulting various people because they didn't like who the majority the country had voted into power in 2007"

I really hope that people understand that this is not a black and white situation; that either you are against the rule of democracy, or you support the current government. Not only is it a nonsensical false dichotomy but it also ignores the very real grievances on BOTH sides.

I can only hope that cooler heads prevail, but given that there was no consequence for violence/trespass/etc in 2006,7,9,10, it seems like the current way of doing whatever it takes and then going back and fiddling the law/court process to ensure no consequence is proving a true dead end. I suppose arguably the precedent was set in the asset declaration interference case - lean on the courts to get what you want and ignore the rule of law.

This is why amnesty is always a crappy, crappy idea. Those responsible should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Donation to someone with a petrol bomb, trying to throw at peaceful protesters.

You really didn't see the other evident did you.

The bottle of petrol.

Please see attached photo.

If he made a petrol bomb with that little petrol and in a plastic bottle he's a bigger idiot than Suthep.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not possible - that said Suthep is no idiot if he brings off conditions for a coup then smooth Abhisit can manage front of house smooching whilst Suthep and his cronies gorge heartily on the spoils of victory. One more push this weekend and in the basence of massed Red power I reckon he might just do it. Let's hope not.

Those who made the silly comments about petrol bombs in plastic water bottles should try an experiment and pour some petrol into this kind of bottle. The plastic will dissolve in well under an hour.

I happen to have a PET full of petrol for 1 week already. Bottle still ok.

Those who made the silly comments about petrol bombs in plastic water bottles should try an experiment and pour some petrol into this kind of bottle. The plastic will dissolve in well under an hour.

I happen to have a PET full of petrol for 1 week already. Bottle still ok.

Well my own experience using petrol in plastic bottles for cleaning car parts has been different, but it seems that there may be some bottles that don't dissolve.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130131134145AAOqMiq

It seems rather unlikely that somebody would have researched which bottles were and were not suitable in advance. The one in the picture doesn't look to me as though it would last long,