Extension of Stay Overstay

i was informed early enough to get the extension for visa.

...used to work at bkk pattaya hospital and some schools of government.

any documents to show that u have forgotten the visa, for example kids with thai ?

some immi-officers understand it and dont have to be afraid to be deported.

in the future, put some reminders, for example on your phone , email, ...just name it.

cheers,

mtimmu

What you are, of course alluding to is the concept of personal accountability.

Attempting to blame "HR" or ones employer for personal failure seems pretty weak from my point of view.

Agreed, if your planning on living/working in another country you should be expected to learn the rules of Immigration. Until we live in a borderless society everyone should be accountable for their own visas and not just rely on "HR" to handle everything. You should read up on the rules to make sure you are prepared in such cases... that is unless you really dont care about getting deported at any time.

• Like 1

i was informed early enough to get the extension for visa.

...used to work at bkk pattaya hospital and some schools of government.

any documents to show that u have forgotten the visa, for example kids with thai ?

some immi-officers understand it and dont have to be afraid to be deported.

in the future, put some reminders, for example on your phone , email, ...just name it.

cheers,

mtimmu

What you are, of course alluding to is the concept of personal accountability.

Attempting to blame "HR" or ones employer for personal failure seems pretty weak from my point of view.

Agreed, if your planning on living/working in another country you should be expected to learn the rules of Immigration. Until we live in a borderless society everyone should be accountable for their own visas and not just rely on "HR" to handle everything. You should read up on the rules to make sure you are prepared in such cases... that is unless you really dont care about getting deported at any time.

my thought, and good morning from ubon, this subject is not going nowhere....

Check the date.

You were lucky. It seems the immigration officer did not notice your overstay. Their computers are apparently not programmed to flash the screen automatically when a departing passenger has overstayed. Have fun with your iPad.

Might pop-up if you return to the Kingdom.

You could be right, Probably advisable to get a new passport before returning.

• Like 1