Basketball court? 'Hang Dong' area

john_bkk919

Looking for a place to shoot hoops for an hour or so every now and then but not looking for a game necessarily. A half court and a rim in a park or moo baan (if away from houses) would fit the bill. The closer to Mae Hia intersection and Wangtan the better, but can travel a bit. Would be in the early afternoon and not too long / often.

Anyone know of a place?

Thanks for the responses - I'll check out the school behind Hang Dong hospital when I get a chance. If I find anywhere else I'll post about it here.

Anyone want to meet up, you're welcome to PM me but I just shoot around - I'm not going to play any 1-on-1 and have to soak my knees for 2 days :) I was told there are pickup games at Grace Int'l School / World Cup moo baan on 108, so that might be of interest to some people.

Cheers everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

A few blocks behind Hang Dong Hospital is a school that has what your looking for ...

I have just been driving behind the hospital looking around.. Could not ffind anything close to a basketball court, or even a single hoop/net.

Can yougive some better/closer direction possibly ?

Thanx,

After some google earth sherlock holmes style searching, i realised im am possibly blind.

If you drive from Chiang mai then turn right, into small soi running along the side of hang dong hospital, then first or second soi you go right. you will hit a big stadium complex kind of thing.. From what i hear they have basketball, running track, fitness and so on...

I have not checked it out yet, but should be cool..