1997 Asian Crisis Redux - Thailand Is Imploding

Jose

Some interesting comments to Tyler Durden's piece (I used to post on another forum with this guy), if I'm allowed to quote them in full . . . .

laosuwan said . ..

One thing you must understand about Thailand is nobody, and I mean nobody, especiallygovernment and those whose votes it bought, ever repays a loan or honors a contract, or pays taxes for that matter. Thailand has been bankrupt since 2010 but has been holding on with low interest rates and credit, both at the government and consumer levels. Rolling debt over, and over. The game is almost up now with Thai families leveraged at more than 2 times annual income and the government trying to issue bonds to pay subsidies on rice to buy the votes of farmers for the upcoming elections.

Crime and the breakdown of law and order have reached levels I have not seen before. the shinawatra crime syndicate has stolen everything not nailed down and they are now trying to do treaties without parliament vote giving up rights to patent on local herbs and medicines, bringing in GMOs, even trying to build a US military base without a vote of parliament. the shinawatras have brought back their cambodian mercenaries to bangkok and they are picking off the opposition with sniper fire while the globalist BBC and other corporate media spin the story of shinawatra's as fighters for democracy. For more on this check out http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/

So, yes, I agree with Tyler the game is almost up and a civil war is inevitable in Bangkok. The Thai are hopelessly disorganized but eventally we get out of be and tie our shoes. It's just a matter of when.

• Like 1

It's a relative thing.

Exactly. All currencies are going down (at different rates) relative to the only metric that matters, their purchasing power.

That's of course the rate of inflation. What is bad? 1%. How is that store if financial stability, gold doing against the baht? The US dollar has gained 1 baht in the past 60 days. Now let me see what can I buy with one baht.........