HTC One in Chiang Mai

Tywais

It looks like a great phone. I bought an HTC phone from Zoom in Airport Plaza a few years ago. Never again. The staff at Zoom were utterly disinterested when I had a problem or even when I went to purchase accessories, which by the way we're never in stock. HTC is a company that grew too fast and has indifferent representative companies around the world. Friends in other countries on other continents have had similar experiences. So yes the One looks to be a fine phone but the rest of the backup stinks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It looks like a great phone. I bought an HTC phone from Zoom in Airport Plaza a few years ago. Never again. The staff at Zoom were utterly disinterested when I had a problem or even when I went to purchase accessories, which by the way we're never in stock. HTC is a company that grew too fast and has indifferent representative companies around the world. Friends in other countries on other continents have had similar experiences. So yes the One looks to be a fine phone but the rest of the backup stinks. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the heads up. I have a HTC Desire for 4 years now and the best phone I've ever had. However, it has become too restrictive for me as it still runs Android 2.2 and no upgrade path and the memory much too small (576MB) for apps I need. Constantly juggling memory by removing apps.

Mobile Choice Magazine (UK) has voted it phone of the year and also T3 Gadget Awards so appears they may be back on track, but time will tell.

It looks like a great phone. I bought an HTC phone from Zoom in Airport Plaza a few years ago. Never again. The staff at Zoom were utterly disinterested when I had a problem or even when I went to purchase accessories, which by the way we're never in stock. HTC is a company that grew too fast and has indifferent representative companies around the world. Friends in other countries on other continents have had similar experiences. So yes the One looks to be a fine phone but the rest of the backup stinks. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the heads up. I have a HTC Desire for 4 years now and the best phone I've ever had. However, it has become too restrictive for me as it still runs Android 2.2 and no upgrade path and the memory much too small (576MB) for apps I need. Constantly juggling memory by removing apps.

Mobile Choice Magazine (UK) has voted it phone of the year and also T3 Gadget Awards so appears they may be back on track, but time will tell.

Lazada list them for 20k-no idea if that is a god price but they are usually very competitive.

Interesting that you like this brand. I am about to ditch my HTC Legend as the sensitive screen is often insensitive and I have tried everything I know to fix it. Very irritating when it is impossible to answer an incoming call without removing the battery and rebooting!

Thought it was a common problem so was going to switch to another brand.

• Like 1

Lazada list them for 20k-no idea if that is a god price but they are usually very competitive.

Interesting that you like this brand. I am about to ditch my HTC Legend as the sensitive screen is often insensitive and I have tried everything I know to fix it. Very irritating when it is impossible to answer an incoming call without removing the battery and rebooting!

Thought it was a common problem so was going to switch to another brand.

I've been following HTC for a while and the HTC Desire has probably been their best, most reliable model IMO. Seems they dropped the ball afterwards and are playing catch up now. Mine has been 100% reliable and the 1st HTC model with an OLED screen until Samsung stopped offering them to other parties as not enough to go around.

Just found DTAC is offering it with and without package for 17,900/19,200 respectively. Also they have the HTC Mini listed on their site. - DTAC Promotion. So if I can't find it local I may go that route.

Zoom might have different staff in a couple of years. worth checking out.

I have an HTC Desire HD now for going on 4 years. The battery going south now, will not hold a charge for much more than 12 hours.

Tried Zoom in Airport Plaza CNX, the said they could get me a replacement battery, paid 500 baht deposit and waited for the fone call to let me know the battery is here.

Two weeks - no call. Went back to see them - no can do. Got my deposit back.

PDAThai in Bangkok have been super (they have a website) No English, but after a Thai friend gave them the details, I deposited $$$ in their bank and had a replacement battery in 2 days.

The website details offers on the new fones - and with their record of service I would use them if I was in the market for a new HTC.

Zoom might have different staff in a couple of years. worth checking out.

I bought my daughter a Motorola tablet from Xoom in Airport Plaza and any problems and they have to send it to their head office in Bangkok, even though Motorola had a Service Centre in Chiang Mai- usually ( 2 times) we had 5 or 6 WK waiting for return. Not recommended.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Despite HTC having locked Boot Loaders- they can be Rooted- and this gives access to 4.1.2 at least- but I doubt that the specs allow for 4.3.

I have rooted several Androids, its not difficult, just need to do your homework.

Decided to try and order from DTAC but turned into a major headache. Tried all their payment options. CC, they require a Thailand based card or setup a PaysBuy account. Setup a PaysBuy account and they also require a Thai based card. Tried bank transfer on the DTAC site which sends me to my bank with the PaysBuy account added as a Payee to enter the amount. Well, PaysBuy states I can only do 10,000 Baht/moment per transaction so that is out. Guess will be going to DTAC office and see if I can order it from one of them.

The Zoom website only shows a small handfull of HTCs and the more basic versions. Same at Tohome.com where I ordered my HTC Desire.

Quite frustrating that I have now made my decision and nowhere to buy. smile.png

//edit - Ok, just did some searching and found several sites that show how to install Android 4.1.1 on the HTC Desire. Seems other versions also. So thanks haybilly for that hint and will give that a try first. wai.gif

A big thanks to haybilly for his suggestion to mod the Desire. thumbsup.gif Saved me 20k as I really don't need a new phone, just the ability to add some important apps that won't work on Android 2.2. Here is my Desire running Android 4.2.2 and it works brilliantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEx5PqGI2Hg

Glad it helped.

Some folks are scared of rooting but, with care and a bit of reading, it's perfectly feasible- opens up a world of possibilities.