London to Bangkok Return - Cheapest?

jpeg

Nephew wants to visit me here on Phuket asap (wants to escape post holiday slump). He told me he was thinking about buying one of those cheap all in (hotel included) and jettisoning the hotel, until I reminded him that he'd have a restricted stay. He wants to stay here for a month. He's not particularly well off. Anyone can suggest cheapest return LHR-BKK flight only?

Thanks smile.png

This pinned topic has lots of websites and recommendations to find cheap airfares. Unfortunately, there's no silver bullet. He needs to spend time doing the research and comparing prices. Which includes talking with several travel agents, looking in the travel section of the newspaper for ads, etc.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/527870-airline-information-and-flight-deals-for-expats/

Air India are usually one of the cheapest out of Heathrow as are Jet Airways but much depends on the dates etc,I would guess given the new year you would be hard pressed to find anything under £750 return,but with some searching they may get lucky.

Edited by stoneyboy

Eva are doing a good deal for around £540 direct. If you want a lot of hassle Air India and Jet can route you with stop off's in Mumbai and Delhi. Terrible terminals with a nightmare immigration process. Jet run 737's to Bangkok on a route that takes around nearly four hours and with very hard seats.

Thanks for all the replies. I called my nephew last night and passed on the info. He told me there was a Trailfinders office close by and would call in. I used to use them sometimes when in the UK. I took a look at Kayak and saw that prices seemed to drop significantly after the first week of January. I'd taken a look at Etihad a couple of weeks ago and their prices seemed quite high then, for them. Hopefully Trailfinders will be able to sort something out for him.

Thanks again for all your advice thumbsup.gif

Edited by jpeg

I now always use Skyscanner to book flights.

The trick is to input your dates and route, wait for it to give you the fares then go to the top and press 'Select Dates'. This then shows you a graph of the cheapest outgoing and return dates etc. But each outgoing date will have a different set of return date prices, so you then need to select a few and check.

By using Skyscanner to choose the best price I save around £100 compared to Flight Centre (who I used to use)

The trick is to input your dates and route, wait for it to give you the fares then go to the top and press 'Select Dates'. This then shows you a graph of the cheapest outgoing and return dates etc. But each outgoing date will have a different set of return date prices, so you then need to select a few and check.

By using Skyscanner to choose the best price I save around £100 compared to Flight Centre (who I used to use)

I use these meta search engines to find the best flights and then go to the airlines website and book there. We got stuck in China one time with a ticket purchased through Expedia. The airline was taking care of passengers who booked direct first, even putting some on other airlines. We had to wait some 5 hours for another flight.

thumbsup.gif

You can also obtain that helpful feature on Skyscanner, by selecting 'Whole month' rather than a specific date, for outward & return-flights.