Thai time

Kangawallafox

My wife must be the exception. Order a taxi for 7am and if it isn't waiting outside by 6.55am she will be on the phone to check where the driver is. Make a doctors appointment for 11am and at 11.01 she will asking the receptionist what the problem is...

My best example of Thai time was when a fella was meant to come at midday to fix my television connection. I waited, and waited. Just before 2pm he showed up. I did my 'falang jai rawn' act, where the hell have you been. "I fell asleep" was his reply. No apology or anything - he seemed to think this was a good enough answer, and I should accept it. Like most long term expats; I now just accept it as the way things are. Sometimes, when we are going into CM (70 k away) the wife will say "so and so wants to come" - I just sigh, knowing to add an hour onto whatever departure time we'd planned. I sometimes feel like the local songteaw driver for the village. That's the way it is, live with it.

My wife must be the exception. Order a taxi for 7am and if it isn't waiting outside by 6.55am she will be on the phone to check where the driver is. Make a doctors appointment for 11am and at 11.01 she will asking the receptionist what the problem is...

I, like you, find everyone I meet in Thailand to be exceptionally punctual and aware of keeping appointments, and being on time.

I am just reporting what I have experienced.

No schedules no worries. Pretty much just flights and appointments are all I care about time wise.

I like to be on time but I realize others have a different perception of time and don't let it get under my skin. whistling.gif

No schedules no worries. Pretty much just flights and appointments are all I care about time wise.

I like to be on time but I realize others have a different perception of time and don't let it get under my skin. whistling.gif

You will live longer,

And enjoy your TIME more,

Than many others,

With your philosophy.

I too would like to be this way,

Someday.

As a child I was always late. As a teener almost never on time. As a student missed even exams.

Finally happy in Thailand. Can do next week what could be done today. Go to main hospital in Ubon is soo relaxed: Appointment from eight, arrive at ten, see doctor just before or after lunch, plenty of time to surf TV.

My wife often late, so we are synchronized quite well, most of the time she kind of ready before me, thus I just take it easy, mount our truck, read latest posts of TV.....

WHO cares, I don't mind.

Enjoy everybody's time.

Happy New Year.

As a child I was always late. As a teener almost never on time. As a student missed even exams.

Finally happy in Thailand. Can do next week what could be done today. Go to main hospital in Ubon is soo relaxed: Appointment from eight, arrive at ten, see doctor just before or after lunch, plenty of time to surf TV.

My wife often late, so we are synchronized quite well, most of the time she kind of ready before me, thus I just take it easy, mount our truck, read latest posts of TV.....

WHO cares, I don't mind.

Enjoy everybody's time.

Happy New Year.

"most of the time she kind of ready before me, thus I just take it easy, mount our truck"

I don't know about you, but no matter what time it is

I prefer to mount my wife than my truck.

I know what you mean though about going to the hospital to see the doctor.

It is far better here.

And the people here are definitely ON TIME when required.

They just don't give you a lot of pressure about it.

Edited by MrGaoMungGawn

Add to my post above a story about being extremely late.

When I finally left my country leaving nothing behind, I thought going to miss my flight. Well just arrived fifteen minutes before take off with fifty kilograms overweight, checking-in had stopped, just got my boarding pass and must roll trolley with all my stuff to the waiting plane by myself, through the customs through hand luggage check, who thought this was a joke (garden tools, toolbox -including knifes and scissors-, my favorite folding chair, you name it). All got stickers, no extra charge, down in the plane that left late. Shame on me.

Well, that was 1997, before the twin towers in-flight!

some years ago staying with a friend a Thai teacher wanted to talk with us so made appointment for 1 o'clock came 2 o'clock comes, no show so we go out for a beer, 4o'clock receive call he's arrived ok be back in 30 minutes. arrive back no sign of said man, girl friend says he go home not happy you no wait him. <deleted>