60 day extension to visit wife

In about 9 hours your visa will be unusable for your second entry. The use before date is for all entries.

Your visas use before date had nothing to do with what you did at immigration. They are not concerned about it when you apply for extensions unless they notice it and suggest you do a border run instead of the extension..

Edit:

(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

No documents needed for this but it is the reason they will want your wife to be with you when you apply.

Nope, that is untrue! The use before date is just for the first entry. It would not make sense, otherwise!

It is common knowledge that you can extend your tourist visas either by doing visa runs or asking for an extension (30, if you are not married to a Thai, and 60, if you are). 2 officers at the CM immigr. office would be wrong according to you too. So, would the Rough Guide to Thailand! Why would I believe you? No credentials! Not sure if you really believe what you are writing, but this is dangerous stuff, frightening people for no reason.

This is a relatively common misunderstanding, unfortunately the 'Use Before' date on a Thai visa is for all border entries to Thailand, not just the first.

You need to do a border run tomorrow or you will loose the 2nd entry of your visa. The enter before date is the last date you can use your visa for any entry it does not matter if it is your first or 2nd entry.

You can get the 60 day extension for your 2nd entry if you get it done tomorrow.

IF there is anyone to listen too its Ubon and Lopburi trust me over the years on Thai visa they have always been solid with the advice. I am in the same boat with the marriage visa. I was going to do 30 days + 60 on my second tourist entry but decided to just do the 60 then hit the border an hour away and hit it with another 60.

• Like 1

In about 9 hours your visa will be unusable for your second entry. The use before date is for all entries.

Your visas use before date had nothing to do with what you did at immigration. They are not concerned about it when you apply for extensions unless they notice it and suggest you do a border run instead of the extension..

Edit:

(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

No documents needed for this but it is the reason they will want your wife to be with you when you apply.

Nope, that is untrue! The use before date is just for the first entry. It would not make sense, otherwise!

It is common knowledge that you can extend your tourist visas either by doing visa runs or asking for an extension (30, if you are not married to a Thai, and 60, if you are). 2 officers at the CM immigr. office would be wrong according to you too. So, would the Rough Guide to Thailand! Why would I believe you? No credentials! Not sure if you really believe what you are writing, but this is dangerous stuff, frightening people for no reason.

I just did the 60 day extension and they do indeed require paperwork a crap load of it actually. This was done off my second entry TV2. They required a copy of my wifes house book(New and Old with name change). Our lease with tax stamps(Important). Copies of my passport,Tm7,Visa,TM6 arrival card,marriage license,Her ID and her. They were also nice enough to give me a House master resident police form the immigration officer told me to fill it out return it tomorrow and they would allow me to just come in without all the other paperwork and the wife. It also comes with a handy Receipt of notification that I can carry around instead of my passport. It has a spread sheet format that I just have to have my landlady fill in every month(rent paid,date,address signature) and give to immigration every time I need an extension. I tend to trust the immigration people where I live they are pretty nice about making things easier.

Nothing that unusual other than perhaps the two house book copies. The rental agreement is often asked for.

The TM30 from the owner is often asked for and is a one time thing unless you leave. The owner should get the receipt portion.The 2nd page is for a hotel and such to list more than one guest on the report..

BigRick

Yep they put you through the mill smile.png

Some of that sounds to be "office specific "

Which immigration office was used ?

Kanchanaburi Immigration. Most of the time it is one of the best immigration offices I have ever used more officers than people most of the time. She just wanted everything sorted and done right so its less hassles for me next time I come in. The hassle in the morning was more due to us(First time figuring it all out is a bit of a pain) not having everything signed(every copy me and the wife) stamped(Tax stamps on our lease 30baht) and filled out(Always get messed up on that port of entry because I took a car last time for my border crossing and get it stuck in my head its the TV entry). Once that was done they were really nice and helpful.We have a lot of friends come up and visit us because of the ease of border runs and lack of hassle at immigration. I am still not sure what the House master police form is I am guessing just registering that you live in the area to cut down on their paperwork. I don't know could be wrong on that part. I would have to say the 3.5 years in Thailand have been a learning experience for getting paperwork sorted out . 1 New passport from the US 1 New one for a friend from England,(What a nightmare) many visa runs(solo,group) many border crossings tons of extensions, marriage paperwork its a lot of details I could understand where this guy got confused it is why Thaivisa is so useful.

Edited by BigRick