Are there upsides to living here,marrying a Thai, having kids ?

bosun

I would love to go into 2014 with a few positive stories, anecdotes, one liners ...for me it's 'so far, so good'..been lucky...but my basic situation is like a lot of TV members, a bit older, younger GF from countryside, not got unlimited funds etc. Reading TV for the last 4 years since I 'landed' here has always been educational but all too often has left me wondering if I have made the right decision to try and live here. Here are a couple of positives for me and mayb hints why things still seem pretty good for me......

My GF has learnt excellent English and has made a lot of effort with her business etc.

I landed a very good job whilst I was here and have something to keep me motivated.

I am learning Thai and that does seem to enrich my life bit by bit in day to day interactions.

We limit our contact with the family, village etc not because they are bad people but just because the gap between the hometown and our life here is so huge that we both realise it would be very hard to have normal relations without envy etc creeping in tho I am really not very well off.

I have a few good mates here who I can have a few beers with and know how to sit down and talk/banter.

So for me as I said 'so far so good' but I would love to hear from a few of you that have been here a bit longer! Happy 2014 to you all and thanks to so many of you that have helped me learn so much about life here .

Hey....your happy ...Positive!....Sounds like you have a good life! keep it up as it's up to you wherever you live..... I also am older (older than most of the TV posters and younger than some)....have a great wife and adopted family ....really can't ask for more. With out going into all the small details....we are who we are from all our life experiences and keeping a positive attitude IMO is the most important as there is much in life that can be somewhat disheartening...

Keep it up ...good to hear things well for you!

• Like 1