Bangkok 'shutdown': Protest leader Suthep details January 13 strategy

webfact

So Bangkok gets shutdown.

Businesses have to close.

People cant get to work or will be intimidated trying to.

Businesses will go bankrupt

People will lose there jobs

Ordinary folk will accumulate more debt

Cant pay the rent cant pay for food etc.

Loans wont get repaid

Homes get foreclosed

Cars repossessed

Crime will go up as the police will be preoccupied

The list goes on

Are the people really thinking about the consequences of this?

NO as they wont think past today.

Sad that they can be manipulated so easily

Maybe that's the whole idea... To make and keep a strong country you must contitaniously weaken other countries from inside out around you. More clever people will live abroad, more criminals will be created, more likely your state will fail and than the "help and democrati" will really come. Look at the EU vs Africa, look at the USA vs South America, look ate China vs...

As for me, I don't believe in this way but we took this wrong turn maybe 6.000 years ago, who knows...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you can't find the words to express yourself, perhaps you should refrain from writing until you are able to do so. I am not dumb, sir, I am a knowledgeable pragmatist (and when my IQ was last tested in the 1960's, it was scored at 154). I have worked in an executive capacity in the private sector on numerous government projects for half a dozen ministries, so I have first-hand knowledge of how pervasive corruption is within the existing politico-bureaucratic system, and I spent 8 years doing project management field-work in 72 provinces. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai and Lao (Issan dialect and Lao PDR), so I can listen to and read everything that the PDRC, the UDD, and the government says without having to rely on low-quality translations of excerpts or third-hand "information." And finally, I work in a Thai company, live in a Thai neighborhood (lower middle-class), and virtually all my associates, friends and acquaintances are Thai, so I am aware of the range of opinion, knowledge, and ignorance across a broad range of socioeconomic, educational, religious, and regional backgrounds.

Based on observing the performance of elected governments over the past 25 years, yes, I would welcome Thailand being run in the short-term by an unelected group that is intent on reform.

Wow, Khun Suthep should hire you to do the speaking for him. Without background whistling of course. rolleyes.gif

Loans wont get repaid

Homes get foreclosed

Cars repossessed

The list goes on

People are definitely thinking of the consequences and thinking past today -- that's EXACTLY why so many people think that this is necessary. Do you have children who are Thai citizens? I do, four to be exact. If you do, do you want them to grow up and live in a country run by a kleptocracy? I don't.

I have Thai kids and there is no way I would like to see them ruled by this raving bloody lunatic Suthep. At the moment they have freedom but this will all be stripped away from them when this madman and his nutcase followers take over the country.

I have a Thai son of 9 and I would not want him to help pay off a 6Tr baht debt for 50 years which is what the PTP want him to do in addition to the other acculated debts that the PTP have acquired in the past couple of years.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

Loans wont get repaid

Homes get foreclosed

Cars repossessed

The list goes on

People are definitely thinking of the consequences and thinking past today -- that's EXACTLY why so many people think that this is necessary. Do you have children who are Thai citizens? I do, four to be exact. If you do, do you want them to grow up and live in a country run by a kleptocracy? I don't.

Yeah, you'd rather have it run by an unelected 'people's council'. Words can't express how dumb.

If you can't find the words to express yourself, perhaps you should refrain from writing until you are able to do so. I am not dumb, sir, I am a knowledgeable pragmatist (and when my IQ was last tested in the 1960's, it was scored at 154). I have worked in an executive capacity in the private sector on numerous government projects for half a dozen ministries, so I have first-hand knowledge of how pervasive corruption is within the existing politico-bureaucratic system, and I spent 8 years doing project management field-work in 72 provinces. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai and Lao (Issan dialect and Lao PDR), so I can listen to and read everything that the PDRC, the UDD, and the government says without having to rely on low-quality translations of excerpts or third-hand "information." And finally, I work in a Thai company, live in a Thai neighborhood (lower middle-class), and virtually all my associates, friends and acquaintances are Thai, so I am aware of the range of opinion, knowledge, and ignorance across a broad range of socioeconomic, educational, religious, and regional backgrounds.

Based on observing the performance of elected governments over the past 25 years, yes, I would welcome Thailand being run in the short-term by an unelected group that is intent on reform.

Didn't this happen in 2006? As my mother used to tell me, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

you forgot one thing, important to us expats working and living here:

foreigners will not beable to renew visas and work permits in time. so, what will the authorities do? waive them for the time being? having everybody apply anew later, with applying penalities for overstaying or arresting and deporting foreigners who worked temporarily without valis work permits (as they threatened to do in phuket, when the employment office was shut down for 2-3 days)?

ok well, the usual thai attitude would be 'we don't care' buty foreigners do have an important stake in the thai economy too...

but as you wrote: people do not think very far - the same they did not think when accepting the various election promises of the PT party, which mostly turned out to be disastrous...

Loans wont get repaid

Homes get foreclosed

Cars repossessed

The list goes on

You also forgot that not all foreigners needing visas and work permits and visas live in Bangkok. Most probably far more live in the rest of Thailand which is unaffected by the protests.

Yea and replace him with a raving lunatic who wants to take rights away from the people, have the country for himself and rule with an iron fist, he wants to model Thailand on Nth Korea. I think Thailand is better off the way it is and not with the madman Suthep ruling.

Any actual evidence to support this claim?

Or is this just your view of the situation?

I've seen no evidence that Suthep wants to be the future ruler of Thailand.

Nor have I seen or heard of him claiming he will rule with an iron fist.

Nor has anyone mentioned North Korea, other than yourself.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but when your opinion is so extreme, be prepared to back it up with something resembling facts.

Now the problem there is, an opinion would no longer be that is it was backed up by facts.

You say I am entitled to an opinion but at the same time you want to take my right to an opinion away by requesting facts.

I suppose some people may wonder where your bizarre opinion sprang from. I know I do.

If you can substantiate your opinions, people may not write you off as a complete crackpot.

Loans wont get repaid

Homes get foreclosed

Cars repossessed

The list goes on

Small price to pay in order to rid Thailand of the Thaksin mafia!

I say Good luck to them all!

Yea and replace him with a raving lunatic who wants to take rights away from the people, have the country for himself and rule with an iron fist, he wants to model Thailand on Nth Korea. I think Thailand is better off the way it is and not with the madman Suthep ruling.

Well, Thaksin fan monkey, Thaksin is FAR closer in that regard, he already has the personality cult and private militia, only thing standing in his way is the current protests. I hope they manage to kick out the criminal mafia gang !

Suthep is not trying to take away anything from 'the people', he is trying to expel the criminals and make reforms happen, and they badly need to happen. The criminals don't want reform, they want to be in power to pass the amnesty and bring the fugitive back. Open those little monkey eyes and see what's really happening...

• Like 1

Any actual evidence to support this claim?

Or is this just your view of the situation?

I've seen no evidence that Suthep wants to be the future ruler of Thailand.

Nor have I seen or heard of him claiming he will rule with an iron fist.

Nor has anyone mentioned North Korea, other than yourself.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but when your opinion is so extreme, be prepared to back it up with something resembling facts.

Now the problem there is, an opinion would no longer be that is it was backed up by facts.

You say I am entitled to an opinion but at the same time you want to take my right to an opinion away by requesting facts.

I suppose some people may wonder where your bizarre opinion sprang from. I know I do.

If you can substantiate your opinions, people may not write you off as a complete crackpot.

I respect your opinion but can you also substantiate it?

What he doesn't say is which roads exactly will be blocked. I would expect it will still be centered around government complex on Chaengwattana, and all the ministries and government house around Rajadamnoen. I'd be surprised if they try anything around Sukhumvit or the business district.

1 Uruphong intersection

2 Charoenphol intersection

3 Hua Lamphong intersection

4 Bang Rak road

5 Silom road

6 Sam Yan intersection

7 Phaya Thai intersection

8 Ratchathewi

9 Victory Monument

10 Siam Square

11 Lad Phrao 5 way intersection (the one with Viphavadee Rangsit I guess)

12 Din Daeng

13 Pratunam

14 Ratchaprasong intersection

15 Lumphini Park

16 Klong Toei

17 Asoke intersection

18 Ratchadamnoen

19 Petchaburi intersection

20 Yaowarat

I can respect anybody, and I mean anybody, when their arguments are logical and they are willing to sit down and speak with the opposition. This, however, is madness. From my point of view, the only "argument" I can see is "we want Thaksin out". That does not really pass as legitimate, sensible discourse. Then, demanding that things happen, without talking or compromising, all while threatening the city's well being and safety of its people? Why is this even being tolerated? I don't understand any of this. At the first sign of Suthep breaking the law, he shuld have been thrown into a jail cell, and a few of his followers who were occupying should have been thrown in for a while as well. Let's see how passionate these people are when they start getting thrown into prison cells. From what I saw on the streets, these are not passionate people, they are people wanting to have a good time and blow whistles on the street, and they have nothing better to do. It is sad to say, but I think the entire state of current affairs in Thailand is perfectly representative of this illogical and non-reasoning country.

" Why is this even being tolerated? I don't understand any of this."

Agreed

compare how the government and authorities in Thailand are pussyfooting around with this guy to how they are currently dealing with a similar situation in the Ukraine right now and previously in Egypt

It's tolerated because the Elite and their protégés are untouchable.

• Like 1

I hope his plan works

The longer the parades go on the worse Thaksin / Yingluck / Chalerm / The Thai police and PTP and co. look

Actually I think it is Suthep and co who are looking worse. Yingluk and Co have actually been commended for their tolerance and they way they have handled these brainless idiots following Suthep.

Tolerance ... such as placing MIB on rooftops and then claiming that they are protesters, but subsequently having a senior Pol Gen admit that they were, in fact, policemen.

This government is very good at keeping up appearances, making themselves look like a tolerant leadership, but all based upon the most underhanded tactics imaginable.

• Like 1

Loans wont get repaid

Homes get foreclosed

Cars repossessed

The list goes on

Small price to pay in order to rid Thailand of the Thaksin mafia!

I say Good luck to them all!

Well, Thaksin fan monkey, Thaksin is FAR closer in that regard, he already has the personality cult and private militia, only thing standing in his way is the current protests. I hope they manage to kick out the criminal mafia gang !

Suthep is not trying to take away anything from 'the people', he is trying to expel the criminals and make reforms happen, and they badly need to happen. The criminals don't want reform, they want to be in power to pass the amnesty and bring the fugitive back. Open those little monkey eyes and see what's really happening...

If you are trying to insult me by calling me a MONKEY then you are going to have to try harder. I am definitely no Thaksin fan that is for sure and I believe he should be sitting in cell. I am definitely no fan of the lunatic Suthep either he is the biggest nutcase to have ever walked the earth.

The Anti Suthep's have no real argument against him,....

No need for this because Khun Suthep is the best argument against himself. As was/is Khun Thaksin. Twins in mind. Methinks the resemblance in terms of stubbornness is astonishing. whistling.gif

Edited by Richard Hall
  • Like 2

''He's a madman' 'He's a raving lunatic' 'He's the new Hitler' 'He's a fascist'

The Anti Suthep's have no real argument against him, they just start with the constant character attacks and saying things like 'He hates all us foreigners' and 'He wants his place at the trough' and 'He's just as bad as the rest of them' yeah yeah blah blah hyperbole, vitriol, hypothetical.

Easier than trying to make some kind of rational intelligent argument I guess...

Instead of attacking Suthep, why not try and defend your beloved Thaksin ? The convicted fugitive on the run with a government made up of mostly criminals. Tell us all, what wonderful things have they done for the country ? Let's look at the facts and this government's record. Tell u7s all, why are PT so good you don't want to see them gone. ''They were democratically elected'' is no argument when they have proven time and again they only believe in 'democracy' when iyt suits them and when it doesn't they brazenly flout the law and the constitution. They are terrible people who have done a terrible job. Prove me wrong Thaksin lovers.....

Actually there is very little difference between Suthep / Thaksin both have the same agenda but I believe Suthep is by far more dangerous.

• Like 1

Am I the only one, who finds the madmans nonsense rhetoric mantras a little boring??coffee1.gif

So you disagree with taking down the Thaksin regime and implementing meaningful reforms?

The People's Democratic Reform Committee came up with meaningful reforms?...do they have ideas for reform, are they working on a reform bill? The PDCR throws up the old PAD rhetoric on the stages.

• Like 1

haroldc

You are very naive to think that these protests will change anything . Suthep is as much a part of the kleptocracy you see in Thailand as Thaksin ,

Yingluck , Abhisit , or anybody else you like to name . Suthep is acting in his own interest and that of elite and very wealthy financial supporters .

Why ever do you think he hasn't been taken off the streets and imprisoned long before now . Suthep is a Humbug , leading people on to think he's going to

reform the country get rid of corruption , he's as much a part of it as those he accuses . This is a campaign by elite to reverse politics in Thailand ,

regain the control of government again to their benefit , ensure that rich pickings are pocketed by them and not squandered to the benefit of ordinary

people . In Thailand you have to go with the flow , accept things as they are , your children will grow up to part of the Kleptocracy .

You will NEVER change anything unless you try !!! He is an Old guy, not wanting to run for any appointment, maybe he is a GOOD guy and wants to make up for past mistakes for the benefit of HIS COUNTRY !

My partner from up North and is not at all happy with current situation so maybe just maybe we might get a change for the benefit of ALL.

BT

''He's a madman' 'He's a raving lunatic' 'He's the new Hitler' 'He's a fascist'

The Anti Suthep's have no real argument against him, they just start with the constant character attacks and saying things like 'He hates all us foreigners' and 'He wants his place at the trough' and 'He's just as bad as the rest of them' yeah yeah blah blah hyperbole, vitriol, hypothetical.

Easier than trying to make some kind of rational intelligent argument I guess...

Instead of attacking Suthep, why not try and defend your beloved Thaksin ? The convicted fugitive on the run with a government made up of mostly criminals. Tell us all, what wonderful things have they done for the country ? Let's look at the facts and this government's record. Tell u7s all, why are PT so good you don't want to see them gone. ''They were democratically elected'' is no argument when they have proven time and again they only believe in 'democracy' when iyt suits them and when it doesn't they brazenly flout the law and the constitution. They are terrible people who have done a terrible job. Prove me wrong Thaksin lovers.....

Actually there is very little difference between Suthep / Thaksin both have the same agenda but I believe Suthep is by far more dangerous.

What ??bah.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1