Walking, hiking, nature trails, or parks not too far from Pattaya.

infinity11

Yes the temple is actually a museum not a temple and well worth a visit

Yep you can get to the lake by driving through the Wat Yaan parking area and up 'Rural Road Chon Buri 5001' past the monks little houses.

The track down to the lake used to be car friendly but is pretty bad now, we have two CRVs but even then have to be careful.

If you have an SUV drive across the lake and follow the track round the lake to the right, it stops in a small wooded area, walk through the trees up to the top of the ridge line and follow the ridge line track all the way along.

Should you go straight after crossing the lake dam it is all cultivated plantations and very ordinary

"Should you go straight after crossing the lake dam it is all cultivated plantations and very ordinary" - yes, we parked the SUV and walked up there for a short distance - okay, but not very interesting.

And, yes, I can see where you labelled 'Trails to hills'. And now I know almost exactly where you mean. I hope to try this part the next time I go - which unfortunately is unlikely to be for a while.

But thank you again! We all enjoyed it. It was well worth the trip for some peace and quiet and scenery.