Home Grease Trap

thailiketoo

I have an under the sink grease trap. The outlet line behind the grease trap is blocked. I can only get a snake in 1 meter and baffles in the grease trap make it impossible to use a plunger. I can't find a clean out plug outside. Any ideas? I'm not a plumber. The house and plumbing is 1 year old. No problems before.

post-187908-0-59300200-1388887376_thumb.

post-187908-0-78665400-1388887390_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

Well, you shouldn't put grease down the drain no matter what you have underneath. And 'grease traps' will just impound the problem. Not a plumber but my guess would be to pull it all out and go with a proper trap. And avoid putting grease down the drain!

Well, you shouldn't put grease down the drain no matter what you have underneath. And 'grease traps' will just impound the problem. Not a plumber but my guess would be to pull it all out and go with a proper trap. And avoid putting grease down the drain!

I really don't know why I should ask a serious question here. Of course I cleaned the grease trap and have done so every couple of months. Of course I avoid putting grease down the drain but since man has walked out of the dark ages some of us have installed grease traps at home as well as in restaurants. Because when you cook there will always be grease. So to answer your ignorant response no, grease traps will not compound the problem. There is a grease trap in every restaurant in the civilized world; do you really think they compound the problem of restaurant operation? I even put up a photo of how a grease trap works sheesh!sad.png And what the heck is a proper trap?

Edited by thailiketoo

I said impound not compound. If you have been cleaning it then why would it be blocked? OK - wait for a plumber and don't put grease down the drain.

Steve thank you for writing but impound makes no sense. I think you really meant compound (make the problem worse). Maybe you could look at the photo I included of a grease trap or google grease trap and you would have a better idea of what I was talking about. I don't know what is causing the blockage.