Buying New Bike/Scooter on Finance

tonymontana32

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone knows or can recommend a decent bike shop in Bangkok around the On Nut/Rama 4 area to buy a new bike/scooter (Honda Click or something similar) on finance?

I know there are lots of bike shops around my area but i was looking for recommendations on a good shop preferably where they speak a decent amount of English and were they are quite pleasant and will assist, I've been to a few shops already and they are fairly rude with little or no English, also i have gone in with my work permit and a couple have still asked for a residency letter from embassy which is obviously not needed with work permit etc.

OK so i don't get bell ends asking if i have everything needed the answer is yes....

work permit with 7 years history - check

passport with full 1 year BOI visa - check

Thai driving licence - check

Thai bird who will guarantee for me - check

regarding deposit and length of term i will be putting about 15K down and paying over 4 months, 1st month the deposit and a further 3 months of 15K give or take a few grand.

ok so any recommendations please on a good shop to buy from?

Thanks in advance

A residency certificate is 100% required to register a new vehicle so you will need to get that - it's for the government department that issues the license plates for the vehicle.

Edit : It's the same residency certificate you need for getting a driving license and it's also available much cheaper at 500 Baht from Immigration

Edited by ukrules

A residency certificate is 100% required to register a new vehicle so you will need to get that - it's for the government department that issues the license plates for the vehicle.

Edit : It's the same residency certificate you need for getting a driving license and it's also available much cheaper at 500 Baht from Immigration

thanks for the response but as i mentioned i have a full work permit so no need for the residency certificate from embassy, didn't need one for my Thai licence as the work permit 100% covers this.

a work permit is proof of residency as you have to notify change of address every year and have done for the past 7 years

Thanks

thanks for the response but as i mentioned i have a full work permit so no need for the residency certificate from embassy, didn't need one for my Thai licence as the work permit 100% covers this.

a work permit is proof of residency as you have to notify change of address every year and have done for the past 7 years

some proof if needed http://thatluckyboy.com/certificate-residence/

Thanks

Edited by tonymontana32

Has the price changed? In August I paid 300 baht for the residency certificate.

I have a work permit and have never been asked for a residency certificate for several bike/car finance arrangements & registrations in my name over the years.

To answer the OP I bought a bike at the honda shop next to max value/KFC on Suk 71 a few months back. Fairly painless but would suggest taking your missus to help.