Is The Ubc Signal Quality Getting Worse?

astral

I watch UBC series mainly and every hour the message

Signal is Encrypted flashes at the top of the screen.

There are several occasions in an hour of watching, where the whole or part of the screen blocks up, and after that the lip sync has gone - Sound does not exactly match the picture. It usually comes back to sync after the next block up.

Is anyone else getting these problems?

These problems started in the last 3 months. Before that it was pretty good.

I do not notice the same problems when watching BBC or History Channel. Mind you the BBC feed has always been bad, with loss of picture, ever since I started with IBC/UBC 6 years ago. However the lip sync is fine.

Soon be rainly season and then the whole setup will stop working for anything from 1 to 30 minutes while the heavens open.

Guest timbee

presume, from the symptoms you describe, that you have the satellite service.

"signal is encrypted" is a simcard thang; in bangkok, when i complained about it, they came and changed both the decrypter and the card. problem then went away.

i always find such companies are more likely to take favorable action if you have a history of complaints built up. i got a thai person to have a good moan at them everytime this happens, and they came up with the replacement suggestion all by themselves!

on a related subject, i was also experiencing appalling connections on TA's cable based broadband (yes, i receive UBC via satellite too, but i had to get them to install the cable as well in order to get BB) ... built up a history of complaints and hey presto! they swapped the recommended Baht 5,000 cable modem I bought ("we always get problems on this model, sir") for a superior model costing 15,000 ... once again, problem disappeared.