New Ford Ranger. No GPS ?

Having gone into the Ford dealer to view the new Ford Wildtrack 3.2, I was shocked to see the very small dash mounted LCD screen ! about 4 inch, I asked the sales girl if there was a bigger screen available as to view the GPS on this small screen would be very restricted, it was then I received my second shock when she said there is no GPS available on the Wildtrak !

I then found out that the new Mazda BT 50 also suffers from the same tiny 4 inch screen and also has no GPS, the competition has had big factory mounted LCD screens in for years now, even the Mitsubishi Mirage eco car has a 7 inch screen with GPS, can anyone explain the reason for these two modern up to date trucks not having what is now common place large screens ?

Edited by clintonrichard

Ford drivers are expected to know where they are going???

Ha-ha, I use a Garmin on the windshield in mine but not nice with the charging cable hanging down from it.

You can buy a very nice non Ford aftermarket 8" center console for the Ranger, check the 2.2 Ranger forum, last page.

Ford drivers are expected to know where they are going???

Ha-ha, I use a Garmin on the windshield in mine but not nice with the charging cable hanging down from it.

You can buy a very nice non Ford aftermarket 8" center console for the Ranger, check the 2.2 Ranger forum, last page.

Still does not explain their logic of having to rely on aftermarket screens and GPS with cable hanging down stuck to the windows ? The fact that people are doing this speaks for itself.

Ranger drivers know where they're going... wink.png

To the Toyota Dealers after a few weeks.cheesy.gif

Why ? The vigo does not have GPS either.

The Prerunner 3.0G and 3.0 4WD have navi as standard now Spoony. Since about last Oct in fact

• Like 1

And so it does, I was not looking at the G model....Hmmmmm that 3.0g Smart Cab Pre runner is a potential candidate to replace my shitbox ranger.

As you know and thanks to you, I sold my 3.2 a long time ago! I had a Vigo before it and have another Vigo now again. thumbsup.gif

And so it does, I was not looking at the G model....Hmmmmm that 3.0g Smart Cab Pre runner is a potential candidate to replace my shitbox ranger.

As you know and thanks to you, I sold my 3.2 a long time ago! I had a Vigo before it and have another Vigo now again. thumbsup.gif

Woodsie, what was wrong with your Ranger 3.2? Why did you sell?

Woodsie, what was wrong with your Ranger 3.2? Why did you sell?

I was never very comfortable with the transmission Jitar.

Ford told me it was normal.

I didn't agree with them.

I remember back in the day, only suckers paid the factory price for electronics. You could install an aftermarket radio that sounded 5x as good for 1/4 the factory price.

Is it still that way? Haven't bought a new car since the divorce, and that was the '80s.

Well I am not too bothered about the lacking GPS either, as AoP said, you can take the Garmin with you or store it away when not in use.

I also connect my Garmin to my desk top PC after been using Garmin Base Camp on the PC for planning a trip. The Garmin will then follow your planned trip.

Also car with fitted GPS from the factory can be a bit of a nightmare to get updated (I been told) and perhaps cost big money too.

And I am still very happy with my 2.2WT, everything works just fine. Just because one poster here says it's shit doesn't necessary mean that he is right but more his opinion or bad luck (he also had an early edition I believe?). My wife been driving on flooded roads and the auto trans works like a charm. A Vigo truck is an almost 10 year old platform, I tried a friends 3.0, no thanks. Perhaps next generation truck from Toyota will be very good, who knows?

Edited by guzzi850m2

Well I am not too bothered about the lacking GPS either, as AoP said, you can take the Garmin with you or store it away when not in use.

I also connect my Garmin to my desk top PC after been using Garmin Base Camp on the PC for planning a trip. The Garmin will then follow your planned trip.

Also car with fitted GPS from the factory can be a bit of a nightmare to get updated (I been told) and perhaps cost big money too.

And I am still very happy with my 2.2WT, everything works just fine. Just because one poster here says it's shit doesn't necessary mean that he is right but more his opinion or bad luck (he also had an early edition I believe?). My wife been driving on flooded roads and the auto trans works like a charm. A Vigo truck is an almost 10 year old platform, I tried a friends 3.0, no thanks. Perhaps next generation truck from Toyota will be very good, who knows?

If you read what I posted I said all the issues I have had and others is a small percentage of vehicles sold. Yes I think the vehicle is shit but that is probably more to do with ford Thailand rather than the actual vehicle saying that the manual gearbox is awful and the noise the clutch makes even worse.

btw mine is august 2012 build.

Edited by Spoonman

can anyone explain the reason for these two modern up to date trucks not having what is now common place large screens ?

The Ranger is a long overdue catch-up, not modern and up to date tongue.png

Sadly you could be right ? Its a shame if that's the situation as I think the truck looks great inside and out, maybe after its been on the market another year they will update a few things that many people feel are letting it down now ?

can anyone explain the reason for these two modern up to date trucks not having what is now common place large screens ?

The Ranger is a long overdue catch-up, not modern and up to date tongue.png

Sadly you could be right ? Its a shame if that's the situation as I think the truck looks great inside and out, maybe after its been on the market another year they will update a few things that many people feel are letting it down now ?

There's a minor change rumored for the Ranger in 2015, but no specifics on what's changing yet... It will be timed around the launch of the Everest, which is almost certainly going to get Sync (the head unit in the Focus), so that means they'll have the new dash moldings required to also put Sync in the Ranger..

Edited by IMHO