Tourist Visa Extension CM

canamerican007

Dear All,

My first post. First of all thank you for the great source of information.

Tourist Visa (60) Extension (30)

I was told last night that CM Immigration is extending 60 day tourist visas for only 7 days and maybe 14 if I'm lucky.

Has anyone heard the same or had rescent experience?

I will take a drive over there and ask some other in person.

Thanks for any info.

Not sure how to edit my own post so I'll just reply. (note to administrators please edit as you see fit. thanks)

Just got back from Chiang Mai Immigration. I went in alone well dressed, passport, pre-filled application, pictures and all copies needed for application.

Bottom Line:

They gave me the 30 Day extension no problems and I can't say enough how great the people were there.

They also gave me back my 100b change from the 2 g notes I gave them....without me asking for it.

All the people I spoke with at CM immigration were fantastic.

I was well organized with only one exception. In my haste I forgot the dang money....idiot. The guy didn't seem to be bothered. He just told me there's an ATM opposite across the street. The ATM did not take my Bangkok Bank card so I had to use my Canadian ATM card. Lucky me it worked.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the alternative if a trip to mae sai , a day trip for around 1100bt for the same 30 days.

So is the extension a once only allowance, whereas mae sai you can go every month if you wish.?

Sorry for necro'ing, but that only counts for G7 countries, right?

I did a tourist visa extension last week. You get 30 days for 1900 baht. From getting my number at about 12:50 it took 3 hours before I was on my way home. I had all the docs, and copies etc. its totally normal to be given your change. I gave 2000 baht and after it gets processed with cashier at the back you get 100 baht change. Plenty of people arrive with shorts and t-shirts which is to be expected if you have tourist visa.

• Like 1

I would always doubled check on the Mai Sai trip. There have been lots of times when it was only a 14 day extension. Also there is a $10 American charge on the Burma side. That also has occasionally been changed to 500 baht. Haven't heard of that lately. Just make sure your American money is not a worn bill they like the new crisp one.

So the alternative if a trip to mae sai , a day trip for around 1100bt for the same 30 days.

So is the extension a once only allowance, whereas mae sai you can go every month if you wish.?

Thanks for that eyecatcher I was not aware.

I think if it is a 60 day tourist visa, if not past the end date, you get another 60 days at border crossing and return.... used to be the case not sure now.

That is only for nationals of one of the G7 counries that you get 30 days at a land border.

There is at some border a limit to a maximum of 4 such runs in a row.

Might be pointing out the obvious but Mae Sai as an alternative to CM Immigration for 30 days only works on a single entry Tourist Visa or the last one of a Visa with more than one entry (can't say multi entry it will upset Mario)

If you are on a double entry and go to Mae Sai after the first 60 days you will get a further 60 days but will trigger the second entry - so losing the possible extra 30 days - think I am right on this.

If you are not pushed for time a night in Chiang Rai at the B2 breaks the journey nicely. Room, travel and a couple of beers wont set you back much more than the 1900B at immigration.

If you are from a G7 country then civilisation really is doomed - it must be dark for 6 months of the year!biggrin.png

• Like 1

I thought arrival thru a land border crossing allowed for 14 day stay?... And an arrival by air allowed 30 days?

"If you are on a double entry and go to Mae Sai after the first 60 days you will get a further 60 days but will trigger the second entry - so losing the possible extra 30 days - think I am right on this."

Yes you are correct, you would be using up the 2nd entry and thereby losing the extra 30 days you could have extended the 1st one by at CM Imm.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dear All,

My first post. First of all thank you for the great source of information.

Tourist Visa (60) Extension (30)

I was told last night that CM Immigration is extending 60 day tourist visas for only 7 days and maybe 14 if I'm lucky.

Has anyone heard the same or had rescent experience?

I will take a drive over there and ask some other in person.

Thanks for any info.

Rubbish. When you go to CM Imm, you will get 30 days extension for Bht1900.

When those 30 days are up, you can go to Mai Sai to activate the 2nd entry (60 days) and again extend that by 30 days at CM Imm.

After that, if you wanted, you could get 30 days (for certain countries) at Mai Sai every month. I know someone who had done four so far, with no problems.

I thought arrival thru a land border crossing allowed for 14 day stay?... And an arrival by air allowed 30 days?

Now 30 days for a lot of countries!