Thai visa (long term) for in-law

I have work permit and multiple entry visa, and my wife has multiple entry visa linked to my permits/visa. There would be a need for us to bring one of the in-laws to Thailand as well for about 6 months or so. Hence, is it possible to link the in-law visa also to mine/my wife's, or do we need to get another type of visa for the in-law?

I take it your wife is not here on extensions of stay but leaves the country every 90 days? In that case the mother can not be a dependend of her.

For a stay of 6 months she can get a multiple non-O visa if over 50 and having sufficient funds or get a double entry tourist visa, which will give her two entries of 60 days and each entry can be extended for another 30 days, giving her almost 6 months.

Ok, looks like a clarification is needed.

My wife is here on a one year multiple entry visa. No need to leave every 90 days, but need to report.

I was also taking of an in-law (not mother-in-law). She is not 50 years old or over. Cannot rely on showing sufficient funds.

You probably mean your wife is here on an extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit.

If not a parent, there is no possibility of becomming a dependent of your wife.

The double entry tourist visa is the best possibility.

Depending on where the visa will be applied, it might be possible to get a multiple non-O for reason of visiting family with proof of family relationship. But don't count on it to be granted.

• 1 month later...

You probably mean your wife is here on an extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit.

If not a parent, there is no possibility of becomming a dependent of your wife.

The double entry tourist visa is the best possibility.

Depending on where the visa will be applied, it might be possible to get a multiple non-O for reason of visiting family with proof of family relationship. But don't count on it to be granted.

Absolutely right - its extension of stay with multiple re-entry. For O-visa what kind of proof would be required / good to have?

• 1 month later...

From police order 777/2551

2.20 In the case of being a family member of an alien permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom under Clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.21, 2.22, 2.26, or 2.29 hereof or Section 34(7) (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children): Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.
(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must have proof of relationship.
(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto; or
(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children, or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age; or (5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

For a non-o visa from a consulate or embassy it is the about the same. But it only states a family member.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

From police order 777/2551... but is this possible to link to a non-imm B visa?

What exactly is in the passport ? A "visa " which requires you to leave the country every 90 days or an extension of stay which commits you to making 90 day reports to immigration ?

The difference is important !