Yingluck to hold Suthep responsible too if violence breaks out

webfact

216106-imagejpeg-330956-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said that the protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban must also be held responsible if his January 13 “Shutdown Bangkok” turns violent.

The prime minister was commenting on a question by reporters about possible violence incited by third-hands during the mass protest rallies on January 13.

She attended the 37th establishment ceremony of the Matichon newspapers on Vibhavadi Rangsit this morning.

She begged anti-government protesters to think of the country and help to contain peaceful protest and to prevent violence.

But she said there might be plot by opponents to incite violence to drag the military out to stage coup.

She said that if violence broke out, then the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (DPRC) leader must also be held responsible.

The caretaker prime minister made clear of the joint responsibility after the army chief indicated earlier that he would hold the government responsible if violence happens.

She said that now it was not the time to ask her to step down as it was not a

solution.

Instead, she said that since the Parliament was dissolved, she has the duty to go ahead (with the election).

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-hold-suthep-responsible-violence-breaks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-09

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks out.

It's encouraging that you are such an avid Democrat, TVG.......................

• Like 2

"You nasty, nasty Suthep and you nasty nasty lap dog Abhisit are making all Bangkok-ONLY-Bangkok people nasty, nasty protesters and are spoiling my trip to Hawaii...." giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

More threats .. if violence breaks out bet she makes a run for Dubai ...

How about holding the men in black on roof tops responsible?

They have admitted to various "events" .... oh ya ... your brother and Chalerm are tight with the cops ...

Same same another day ..............

"Thailand's political stalemate is leading some foreign companies to shelve expansion plans and economists to warn of capital outflows in one of Southeast Asia's hottest investment destinations."

In the Wall Street Journal today! Way to go, Thailand!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"She begged anti-government protesters to think of the country"

She never thought of the country herself except lining her own and her brothers pockets.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

And put 5 family members in the list to be elected and 3 within the first 5 party mps....

• Like 2

So...she says he is responsible, while they say, that she will be responsible, what he also says...okay...2:1 ...so it is her fault....

This really is like watching 5 year old's fighting over toys!

It would be comical, if...

• Like 1

So...she says he is responsible, while they say, that she will be responsible, what he also says...okay...2:1 ...so it is her fault....

Tragicomical. This is how looks from outside Thai politics and power.

They have the brain level of playschool kids, throwing stones at each other and hiding hands.

Stealing jam and even if caught in the act, they put blame on the other.

I hope this nonsense will be over soon. But I think my hope is vain.

• Like 1

Why can't both Yingluck & Suthep arrange the "peace" debate in the front of the public through live TV? It will not cost anyone's life.

Actually Suthep DID challenge her to a debate. She declined.

Why should she accept? Who is he to demand a debate with the PM? Are you saying that every moron can decide she owes him/her a debate? Ridiculous notion

Why do you place such different standards on her than on your own leader?

Indeed, indeed . . .

• Like 1

Why can't both Yingluck & Suthep arrange the "peace" debate in the front of the public through live TV? It will not cost anyone's life.

She declined............and the reason is obvious.

She declined............and the reason is obvious.

Yes it is - she doesn't have to. Simple, really. He could also demand she grow three arms . . . same result.

Why do you believe she owes Suthep a debate? Who is he to demand a debate?

Why don't you write in and demand a debate . . . and when the idea is rejected you can come back here and bemaon the fact . . . and the reason is obvious

• Like 2

Why should she accept? Who is he to demand a debate with the PM? Are you saying that every moron can decide she owes him/her a debate? Ridiculous notion

Why do you place such different standards on her than on your own leader?

Call him whatever name you want but he's the man about to topple her government. Or seeing that she's already dissolved parliament, you could say he already did. If a debate could have prevented this shutdown or bloodshed, what's so ridiculous about?

• Like 2

Yingluck / Tarit (DSI) has already charged Suthep with murdering around 100 people, I doubt charging him with killing a few more is gonna make any difference to Suthep or anyone else in the opposition camp, who, like me and most likely the courts, thinks the charges are BS anyway.

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks out.

the army is playing its hand.

Lets see what card they pick up in 14 jan

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

"She begged anti-government protesters to think of the country" She never thought of the country herself except lining her own and her brothers pockets.Hypocrisy at it's best.
Ok, please explain how she has lined her own pockets. Not heresay, please - just some facts would be nice for a change. Endaxi!
Suthep is the only person who can prevent any violence. Unfortunately, violence is his plan.
Sadly this is true and having a general back you up helps . . . what a lovely marriage made in heaven. A man who wants to take all democratic principles away from the population and a general who is not only taking sides in the conflict but who will enter the fray militarily
ever heard of the word NEPOTISM? THAT IS. N E P O T I S M.It is people like you who should not be allowed to vote. Can you not think fir yourself without continued proof by words from people or sources you will demand even more proof from?Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

"She begged anti-government protesters to think of the country"

She never thought of the country herself except lining her own and her brothers pockets.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Ok, please explain how she has lined her own pockets. Not heresay, please - just some facts would be nice for a change.

Endaxi!

Suthep is the only person who can prevent any violence. Unfortunately, violence is his plan.

Sadly this is true and having a general back you up helps . . . what a lovely marriage made in heaven. A man who wants to take all democratic principles away from the population and a general who is not only taking sides in the conflict but who will enter the fray militarily

I don't think Yingluck is a good PM, but I don't know if she is corrupt and nor does anyone else on TV. Please think for yourself and don't just spout what the Nation or other media outlets or Suthep and the Democrats just repeat as mantra. It's bad enough in Thailand with people who don't think for themselves, let alone farangs on TV repeating it. For godsake, to all those TV members who just repeat the "corruption, corruption, corruption" mantra from the media and Suthep, you make me sick. Get some evidence and then come back. If not, shut the %$ up.

• Like 2