Yingluck to hold Suthep responsible too if violence breaks out

webfact

Sing_Sling, on 09 Jan 2014 - 18:12, said:
Costas2008, on 09 Jan 2014 - 14:58, said:

"She begged anti-government protesters to think of the country"

She never thought of the country herself except lining her own and her brothers pockets.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Still waiting, Costas . . . I'd love to see some facts about her lining her own pockets. Endaxi, Costas!

Hypocrisy it would be, wouldn't it.

It is so easy to throw around accusations . . . especially when one is not prepared to back them up.

As you are so eager for me to answer as to my accusation, lining your own pockets does not only mean stealing money although it's too early for us to know.

She has appointed many of her relatives in vital posts in her government although these people had not the capability of occupying them.

Some of them were accused of corruption in the past.

She introduced the amnesty Law, not to unite Thai people as she claimed but to bring her corrupt brother back.

She carried on the rice scheme not for the Thai people but for herself to gain votes.

And many others that I believe you are also aware of.

That's in my book called lining your own pockets also.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't support Suthep either with his lunatic propositions in the name of Democracy.

And really want to see an end to all this palaver.

Entaxi?

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sing_Sling, on 09 Jan 2014 - 18:12, said:
Costas2008, on 09 Jan 2014 - 14:58, said:

She never thought of the country herself except lining her own and her brothers pockets.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Still waiting, Costas . . . I'd love to see some facts about her lining her own pockets. Endaxi, Costas!

Hypocrisy it would be, wouldn't it.

It is so easy to throw around accusations . . . especially when one is not prepared to back them up.

As you are so eager for me to answer as to my accusation, lining your own pockets does not only mean stealing money although it's too early for us to know.

She has appointed many of her relatives in vital posts in her government although these people had not the capability of occupying them.

Some of them were accused of corruption in the past.

She introduced the amnesty Law, not to unite Thai people as she claimed but to bring her corrupt brother back.

She carried on the rice scheme not for the Thai people but for herself to gain votes.

And many others that I believe you are also aware of.

That's in my book called lining your own pockets also.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't support Suthep either with his lunatic propositions in the name of Democracy.

And really want to see an end to all this palaver.

Entaxi?

Ah, but unfortunately 'lining one's own pockets' does mean enriching herself, but I understand now what you're saying.

Efharisto, endaxi!

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Ok, please explain how she has lined her own pockets. Not heresay, please - just some facts would be nice for a change.

Endaxi!

Suthep is the only person who can prevent any violence. Unfortunately, violence is his plan.

Sadly this is true and having a general back you up helps . . . what a lovely marriage made in heaven. A man who wants to take all democratic principles away from the population and a general who is not only taking sides in the conflict but who will enter the fray militarily

Perhaps you would also like to provide the prove you have regarding Suthep's plan of violence?

Not here say but your proof. Or is here say only allowed one way?

The Shin regime has spent billions for which it refuses to release reliable figures or be held accountable for. Remember the somewhat expensive new clocks, the 120m emergency flood relief budget, etc etc etc. The rice scam investigations continue to go round in circles, whilst the poor farmers still haven't been paid. They selected a supplier for water management that was openly colluding with a fugitive criminal fraudster, who happens to be their strategic thinker and caddy. Does that not give you a suspicion of potential fraud? They want to take massive government spending off budget and outside parliamentary checks. Given their propensity to lie, and admissions that lying is o.k, and there lack of transparency and releasing of figures, wouldn't you be concerned about fraud? Thaksins wealth has increased massively, really massively, since his sister became PM and his party took office. Maybe he's a brilliant businessman (his track record suggests not), maybe he's simply been very lucky, maybe it's just an unusual coincidence..................... or there again maybe not.

Both sides are capable of instigating violence. Should violence break out, it's almost impossible to apportion true blame. The investigative authorities simply lie, or are too inept to find the truth. Both sides blame the other.

Unless of course you can show is the proof you have of Suthep's plan. Then we'll know who to blame.

• Like 1

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Ok, please explain how she has lined her own pockets. Not heresay, please - just some facts would be nice for a change.

Endaxi!

Suthep is the only person who can prevent any violence. Unfortunately, violence is his plan.

Sadly this is true and having a general back you up helps . . . what a lovely marriage made in heaven. A man who wants to take all democratic principles away from the population and a general who is not only taking sides in the conflict but who will enter the fray militarily

I don't think Yingluck is a good PM, but I don't know if she is corrupt and nor does anyone else on TV. Please think for yourself and don't just spout what the Nation or other media outlets or Suthep and the Democrats just repeat as mantra. It's bad enough in Thailand with people who don't think for themselves, let alone farangs on TV repeating it. For godsake, to all those TV members who just repeat the "corruption, corruption, corruption" mantra from the media and Suthep, you make me sick. Get some evidence and then come back. If not, shut the %$ up.

Stop bleating and do some research yourself. You might find the process helps you to actually think for yourself rather than simply asking others to do what you can't be bothered to do. Try looking at;

- all the relatives and cronies who have been given important positions. Many of these are totally unsuitable, have no qualifications, knowledge or experience and some have been convicted of fraud or were behaving like terrorists in 2010.

- populist vote buying policies

- lies the government has been caught telling, and the lies then told to try and keep face,

- vast overspending on items

- no transparency in government figures

- nothing to show after 2.5 years in office,

- cheating the parliamentary procedures

- refusing to answer questions on illegal acts

There are more but I don't want to spoil your fun! Happy reading - there is plenty to go at. When you've finished, come back and tell us if you still think this Shin regimes are not corrupt. Love to hear your thoughts after all your research. Rather than simply defending by asking someone else to proof their point, try and decide for yourself. If your too lazy or don't have the capacity to do this, then maybe take your own advice instead.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

The bottom line is that Yingluck is not in a position to hold anyone responsible for anything unless she can somehow be parachuted in as number 1 party list judge at the last minute by her brother and his band of oiks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's because the deep polarization, the overwhelming corruption, the thick lying faces that this kind of thing will never finish.

To condone someone because his rival was condoned in the past does not help at all.

Thaksin is the evil here, but Suthep and who backs him is not an angel sent from above.

We know how things are and who accepts the fact to replace a serial killer with an assassin for change things, then should rethink about it.

There's only a way to resolve the empasse: life ban from politics EVERYONE involved in vote buying, corruption and abuse of power.

Done that, keep the rule for all new cases that will come in the future.

Court that will have to decide on cases like this have to be proven independent and without any connection with any parties.

So then: out Sutheps, Shins, and all the worst parasites, something better will be in sight.

Yingluck and Suthep are more childish than my boy going to playschool. Defending one or another is a lose-lose situation.

Edited because: clicked on quote instead on reply

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 2

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks out.

It's encouraging that you are such an avid Democrat, TVG.......................

If Suthep will be held responsible for this, then Thaksin should likewise be held responsible for 2010. Let's just add it to his very long list of pending charges for now and wait to see if he will ever come and try to clear his name....?

Why can't both Yingluck & Suthep arrange the "peace" debate in the front of the public through live TV? It will not cost anyone's life.

Suthep asked Yingluck to join him in a live debate but she turned it down. The puppet just can't answer anything without asking the fugitive what she should do. They should have Suthep debate directly with the real boss in Dubai by satellite link up....clap2.gif

• Like 1

So what if you the lame duck PM wants to hold Suthep responsible? It's the army that's more important and the army chief has already said it will hold YOU and your government responsible if violence breaks out.

If Suthep's group will cause violence, do you mean it will be blamed to Yingluck?

Do you mean that Yingluck will just say, OK, I will step down so there will be no more violence?

Scary . . .

1389152546657jpg-620x349_zps6914237e.jpg

How many plastic armbands is he wearing . . .

I can see one big cotton one, if your line is a joke, I don,t get it. Suthep puts red shirt kid in elbow and wrist lock, kid not impressed. now that,s a joke.

It is like a kiss of Judas to Jesus

Shutting down Bangkok and the likelihood or violence.

As far as violence goes... an attempt to overthrow a legally elected and Royally endorsed PM and its government, is that an act of sedition in violation of article 68 of the Constitution? Is sedition an act that can lead to violence?

FYI, the BP, that uber-democrat bastion of liberal ideas, is calling for Suthep's shut down, not Bangkok's. That is the call of Khun Voranai, a gifted journalist who has a keen knowledge of Thai history and the tribal system that rules politics. He is a devoted, albeit not blind Democrat. Enlightening and logical read.

Even The Nation, the other fervent anti-Thaksinista news organ has its strong reservations about Suthep.

Today, in the company of a Thai acquaintance (owner of businesses in Bangkok) I went to the segment of the protest walk in front of Siriraj Hospital (how thoughtful of Suthep's to parade his noisy hordes in front of a hospital full of sick patients) and there was heckling, booing and also the strident whistles as Suthep lead the lemmings.

The Thai acquaintance (a lady) approached several of the blowers and since she is Thai candidly inquired about whom to see about joining the protest and whether there was a "stipend" to help her cover personal expenses. She was quoted from 300, 500 and even 1,000 Baht depending on who enlisted her. Of course all was informal, and no recruiters names were given. It was all : "when I see her, him, I will let you know. Do not go away!" The dialogue was in Thai every time and this lady was neither sad, nor jubilant. It was the usual, she said "every election is the same in Thailand." Only this time it was not vote buying before an election.TIT

• Like 1

Shutting down Bangkok and the likelihood or violence.

As far as violence goes... an attempt to overthrow a legally elected and Royally endorsed PM and its government, is that an act of sedition in violation of article 68 of the Constitution? Is sedition an act that can lead to violence?

FYI, the BP, that uber-democrat bastion of liberal ideas, is calling for Suthep's shut down, not Bangkok's. That is the call of Khun Voranai, a gifted journalist who has a keen knowledge of Thai history and the tribal system that rules politics. He is a devoted, albeit not blind Democrat. Enlightening and logical read.

Even The Nation, the other fervent anti-Thaksinista news organ has its strong reservations about Suthep.

Today, in the company of a Thai acquaintance (owner of businesses in Bangkok) I went to the segment of the protest walk in front of Siriraj Hospital (how thoughtful of Suthep's to parade his noisy hordes in front of a hospital full of sick patients) and there was heckling, booing and also the strident whistles as Suthep lead the lemmings.

The Thai acquaintance (a lady) approached several of the blowers and since she is Thai candidly inquired about whom to see about joining the protest and whether there was a "stipend" to help her cover personal expenses. She was quoted from 300, 500 and even 1,000 Baht depending on who enlisted her. Of course all was informal, and no recruiters names were given. It was all : "when I see her, him, I will let you know. Do not go away!" The dialogue was in Thai every time and this lady was neither sad, nor jubilant. It was the usual, she said "every election is the same in Thailand." Only this time it was not vote buying before an election.TIT

You mean the red sympathizer Voranai, the one who loved hanging out with the 2010 red shirts who were more violent than the protestors now? And who tried burning down the city? Yeah he's a 'gifted' journalist alright. Another Nick Nostitz! His views are oh so neutral! clap2.gif

And relating your personal 'experience' on something that so coincidentally happened today is just weak. It's as good as the guy who said he heard a red shirt saying Yingluck paid him 500 baht to throw a firebomb at a protest leader. whistling.gif

Your 'gifted journalist' works for PT so his comments are hardly surprising....

And I don't believe a word of what you said after that.

Violence, shutdowns, politics and Farangs obsessed with being yellow.

Suthep with his so called movement of thousands in a country of nearly 65 million people can hardly qualify as "the will of the people".

Suthep and his rowdy horde of thousands of mindless students (who should better stick their noses in books instead of exerting their lungs in polluted air) in a city of over 13 million hardly can be considered to represent the will of the people.

His, is an attempt to incite spats of violence and prompt another coup in which, hopefully and "miraculously" will pave his ascent to power. Yet again. Is this the Democracy that Frangs understand as true Democracy?

Not even Thais do know (or can explain) the extent and ramifications of their system of patronage and tribalism of their own way of life. They feel it but they cannot describe it in its entirety. They act instinctively in the same manner that ants form bridges (at the expense of their own lives) latching their bodies together and allow other ants to cross a stream over their bodies. Atavistic instincts function that way.

But we Westerners should know better.

Nevertheless, Farangs insist upon thinking they understand Thai politics just because they have another Thai tell them what is going on in this microcosm or because they read translated news from sources that cannot master standard English..

I always wondered: how much money, land, chattels or any kind of property those Yellow Farangs lost during (or as a result of) Thaksin years in government and after being removed by a coup?

What can motivate a Farang, alien to this language, way of life and eons old traditions to feel so frantically in favor of one political group or another?

Thai politics are based on a feudal structure of hierarchy that Farangs would never be part of. Do any of them have ever read the 12 mandates decreed in 1938?

If a Farang claims to be in favor of the Yellow or Democrats as a matter of principle (equating in the mind that Thai Yellow or Democrat is the same as the counterpart faction in their country of origin) what principles are those?

Blind allegiance to a doctrine which is based on disregarding the Rule of Law (that made the Western World what it is today) or Thai Democracy that keeps this country in the the limbo of countries eternally on their way to development?

Is this the Democracy that Frangs understand as true Democracy?

One major fact that would justify to marching in favor of one faction or another would be the money, land, chattels or any kind of property those Farangs lost during (or as a result of) Thaksin years in government and after being removed by a coup?

Ah, yes! Again the same cop out: It's a matter of principles!! The loop plays again and again and again!!!

My Goodness ! The PTP lovin' trolls are in an all-out feeding frenzy over this story !

Where is fabio ? Surely he will be nipping at a few heels. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The BP had a slightly more balanced newsflassh with Ms. Yingluck saying "all sides must be held responsible". then she goes on about the 3rd hand and who causes violence.

So far blame and responsibility has been dropped with Suthep, the DPRC and the 3rd hand, but no mention of the Pheu Thai led caretaking government.

• Like 1

Your 'gifted journalist' works for PT so his comments are hardly surprising....

And I don't believe a word of what you said after that.

Violence, shutdowns, politics and Farangs obsessed with being yellow.

Suthep with his so called movement of thousands in a country of nearly 65 million people can hardly qualify as "the will of the people".

Suthep and his rowdy horde of thousands of mindless students (who should better stick their noses in books instead of exerting their lungs in polluted air) in a city of over 13 million hardly can be considered to represent the will of the people.

His, is an attempt to incite spats of violence and prompt another coup in which, hopefully and "miraculously" will pave his ascent to power. Yet again. Is this the Democracy that Frangs understand as true Democracy?

Not even Thais do know (or can explain) the extent and ramifications of their system of patronage and tribalism of their own way of life. They feel it but they cannot describe it in its entirety. They act instinctively in the same manner that ants form bridges (at the expense of their own lives) latching their bodies together and allow other ants to cross a stream over their bodies. Atavistic instincts function that way.

But we Westerners should know better.

Nevertheless, Farangs insist upon thinking they understand Thai politics just because they have another Thai tell them what is going on in this microcosm or because they read translated news from sources that cannot master standard English..

I always wondered: how much money, land, chattels or any kind of property those Yellow Farangs lost during (or as a result of) Thaksin years in government and after being removed by a coup?

What can motivate a Farang, alien to this language, way of life and eons old traditions to feel so frantically in favor of one political group or another?

Thai politics are based on a feudal structure of hierarchy that Farangs would never be part of. Do any of them have ever read the 12 mandates decreed in 1938?

If a Farang claims to be in favor of the Yellow or Democrats as a matter of principle (equating in the mind that Thai Yellow or Democrat is the same as the counterpart faction in their country of origin) what principles are those?

Blind allegiance to a doctrine which is based on disregarding the Rule of Law (that made the Western World what it is today) or Thai Democracy that keeps this country in the the limbo of countries eternally on their way to development?

Is this the Democracy that Frangs understand as true Democracy?

One major fact that would justify to marching in favor of one faction or another would be the money, land, chattels or any kind of property those Farangs lost during (or as a result of) Thaksin years in government and after being removed by a coup?

Ah, yes! Again the same cop out: It's a matter of principles!! The loop plays again and again and again!!!

An excellent contribution to the discussion.

After reading all these posts on Thaivisa supposedly written by expat farangs on the state of Thai politics a strange thing appears evident:

The majority of posts side with the Yellow shirts but this is not in a mostly moderate way (which might be understandable) but most often in an extreme way:

Ridiculous yellow shirt propaganda about the protests numbering 5-6 million people are accepted.

Claims that Suthep wants to rid Thailand of Corruption are accepted

Claims that Suthep wants a "truer more pure form of democracy" for Thailand are accepted

Thaksin is always referred to in the most hateful tones.

Yingluck is often referred to in misogynistic ways.

When I read these yellow shirted posts they mostly appear as an insult to your intelligence.

Blindly accepting propaganda as fact and using the most simplistic and fanatical language to describe the Shinawatras.

Makes you think what the hidden agenda is for these farangs making these posts? Are they truly taken in by the Yellow shirted propaganda? Or are they just playing a game where they do not disclose their real reasons for supporting the anti-government protests? Instead they just repeat the same propagandistic mantras about corruption, corruption ad nauseam and totally forget that both sides are corrupt.

If the Shinawatras are driven out of Thai politics will these expat farangs become less angry and happy you wonder?

Oh please! This holds true to the other end of the political spectrum! The red supporters on this forum do the same thing.

• Like 1

Oh please! This holds true to the other end of the political spectrum! The red supporters on this forum do the same thing.

Is it a football match?

Generally, I don't understand why either side wants to argue with such passion. We aren't Thai and cannot vote in this country. Our main concern as expats should be that the country stays stable so we can continue living in Thailand.

As far as i see it neither the yellows or the reds are more pro- or anti-farang so why side so fully with one side?

Out of principle you say?

But why be so hypocritical then? Everyone knows Thai politics is corrupt and that its not just the Shinawatras who have caused this. Believing removing the Shinawatras from Thai politics will lead to a Golden dawn for Thailand is simplistic. Thailand will probably become more unstable as the red shirts will rightly feel they are being disenfranchised.

Regarding this struggle I think the cat is out of the bag - I don't think Thailand can revert to some happy form of dictatorship. There is a growing middle class in the North of the country who wouldn't accept this. The days of feudalism are over.

• Like 1

@ docn - You posted this amazing comment -

He is the one to turn this whole mess into a bloody mess!

Does he care?

Hell, no!

Do the people, who back him do?

Not in a million years!

Will many, MANY innocent suffer?

Yep, you can bet your @$$ on that!

Will anything change for better?

NO EFFIN' WAY!

Next year: same <deleted>, different name!

And then you posted -

If you have anything intelligent to answer, please feel free to do so!

...oh...wait...

I am surprised you even managed to spell the word "intelligent" ! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yeah! Now isn't that funny!?

ROFL....

...you are such a tool!

• Like 1

Is it a football match?

Generally, I don't understand why either side wants to argue with such passion. We aren't Thai and cannot vote in this country. Our main concern as expats should be that the country stays stable so we can continue living in Thailand.

As far as i see it neither the yellows or the reds are more pro- or anti-farang so why side so fully with one side?

Out of principle you say?

But why be so hypocritical then? Everyone knows Thai politics is corrupt and that its not just the Shinawatras who have caused this. Believing removing the Shinawatras from Thai politics will lead to a Golden dawn for Thailand is simplistic. Thailand will probably become more unstable as the red shirts will rightly feel they are being disenfranchised.

Regarding this struggle I think the cat is out of the bag - I don't think Thailand can revert to some happy form of dictatorship. There is a growing middle class in the North of the country who wouldn't accept this. The days of feudalism are over.

Many of us who have lived here long enough actually like this place, warts and all. While as foreigners we can't really affect any change, why can't we argue with passion about our adopted home? You are entitled to your opinion whether you support the reds or not. Post, argue, rebut. But don't be one of those self righteous idiots who tell us why we bother to argue about something that we can't do anything about. If you're perplexed about why we post here with such passion, if you don't like it, leave and don't let the proverbial door hit your ass on the way out. You're not contributing to the discussion.

Rather than comment on other poster's comments, why not comment on the topic at hand?

Some posts have been removed.

My comments have been about who is responsible if violence breaks out.

The posters on thsi forum who support Suthep's grab for power are irresponsibly fanning the flames of what could become a protracted and violent conflict.

How many of these posters would actively encourage the US military to stage a coup against Obama or the UK military to stage a coup against David Cameron?

If you're perplexed about why we post here with such passion, if you don't like it, leave and don't let the proverbial door hit your ass on the way out. You're not contributing to the discussion.

I believe in anyone's democratic rights to express their opinions but it doesn't have to mean I have to agree with your opinions.

My main point is that a lot of the posters on here who seem happy about another military coup in the making have very narrow reasons for feeling such passion against Thaksin and his family?

Have any of you really suffered at the hands of him or his family while you have been living here?

Rather than comment on other poster's comments, why not comment on the topic at hand?

Some posts have been removed.

My comments have been about who is responsible if violence breaks out.

The posters on thsi forum who support Suthep's grab for power are irresponsibly fanning the flames of what could become a protracted and violent conflict.

How many of these posters would actively encourage the US military to stage a coup against Obama or the UK military to stage a coup against David Cameron?

The full responsilbility for any violence lies solely with the current government of Thailand. They had numerous opportunites to diffuse a political situation by simply re-scheduling the election from some time in May 2014. The election commission actually urged them to delay the election in order to stop violence. What they did? They scheduled it for February 2014 knowing very well that would further aggravate the situation. So the blood is on Shiniawatra's hands. As in 2009 and 2010.

I would be first one to encourage the British Army and the U.S. Army to stage the coup if our governments acted the same way as this current government in Thailand. No accountability, no responsibility, no transparency. Someone needs to stop them before they completely ruin country's economy and finaces. If the British government had lost lost over 13 billion dollars on purpose just to stay popular in rural Britain, they would have been kicked out immediately. The amount of scams and the amount of money wasted by this current Thai govenment is simply scandalous.

Edited by Mackie
  • Like 2

It seems be a common trait affecting you guys, you just don't seem willing to accept the fact that we.......... just - don't - like - your - team.

Again you make this whole political tragedy sound like you are commenting on a football game.

It seems that a lot of Thaivisa posters have developed this pathological hatred of Thaksin since he was PM. Their vitriol mainly stems from some anger about Visa rules that Thaksin changed. Ever since then this cohort of Thaivisa posters have seen themselves on the "Anti-Thaksin" team and they never seem to have bothered considering the big picture but remained focused solely on their own little gripes about Thaksin and mainly on the idea that they belong to the team that opposes Thaksin.

It just goes to show that most posters who side with the anti-government protesters are doing so in an irresponsible manner. Stoking up a civil war among Thais for their own personal entertainment it seems to me. After all, if it gets really bad all the know-it-all expats on this forum can just go back to their native lands and let the Thai people kill eachother.

An all too common exercie in futility is to give the uninformed and blissfully simpletons more credit than they truly deserve.

Those who agree or disagree depending on the way the pendulum swings, come from the parallel Facebook infra-reality.

They like one color shirt. They like one last name. They like the posturing of one politico or another. But... do they debate the issues with verified and/or verifiable facts?

Debating an issue is not what a mentally challenged being will do. They will always resort to labels, insults, innuendo and ad hominem diatribe.

These anti-Thaksinistas and Suthep lovers are so daft that they do not want to acknowledge (or remember) Suthep's declaration of how he feels about all of us here in Thailand and Farangs the world over. Before the last election (one of the many lost elections of the past 20 years) when he was asked about the wisdom of having foreign observers to oversee the elections, he said to the interviewer and the foreign press the following: " I do not like Farang. I do not trust Farang!"

It makes the sane people in TV wonder about what is the Suthepistas motivation for such blind support.

Oh, sorry! I forgot. It's the I like Yellow. I hate Red.

Facebook: What have you done to the minds of our people?

• Like 2