Daytime fire at Night Market in Jomtien

Rimmer

Daytime fire at Night Market in Jomtien

fire-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--Electrical problems at a closed Night Market in Jomtien have been blamed for a fire which destroyed 13 stalls on Thursday afternoon.

Four Pattaya Fire Engines were sent to the scene, the Jomtien Night Market in Soi 9 off Jomtien Beach Road, which normally operates between the hours of 5pm and 2am. After just 10 minutes the fire was extinguished but Investigators were unable to conclusively pinpoint the cause of the fire which is thought to have been started by an electrical short circuit.

Khun Anat aged 35 and a group of motorbike taxi drivers were the first on-scene and did their best to prevent the fire from spreading throughout the entire market.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/114628/daytime-fire-at-night-market-in-jomtien/#sthash.bmLX6tJ5.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-10

It took them 10 min to arrive and 10 min to extinguish...

Where do you get the 10 minutes to arrive from? Your original post stated 'at least 5 minutes'

Average response times in the UK for 2013 for non-domestic buildings was 7.9 minutes

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/230837/Fire_Incidents_Response_Times_England_2012-13_final.pdf

So what point are you trying to make?

And what is wrong with that? I saw the fire trucks trying to get past all the traffic. You think that all of a sudded the roads just magically open up for fire trucks, ambulances etc?

I say good on them for putting it out so fast here. Do you even know where the fire-station is? Could you have done it faster? Once fire-fighter arrive at a scene do you think that water just magically comes out in full force? NO, they need to set up just like anywhere else in the world !

Also good on the Moto-taxi folk to respond.

Some people must search these forums looking for any story which they can somehow use to denigrate Thailand, and/or Thais. It really is pathetic. One can only wonder at what happened to them to make them so bitter about the country.

• Like 2

Where do you get the 10 minutes to arrive from? Your original post stated 'at least 5 minutes'

Average response times in the UK for 2013 for non-domestic buildings was 7.9 minutes

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/230837/Fire_Incidents_Response_Times_England_2012-13_final.pdf

So what point are you trying to make?

He is emphasising the point that he is a twit. Did I spell that correctly?

I didn't realize there was a night market on Jomtien Soi 9. I thought the only one was the one directly on Jomtien Beach Road, opposite the area where they host sports tournaments, water sport events, etc.by the Panchalae (sp?) condos.

Unless next door to the fire station ten minutes is good, I am just so amazed by the gormless and/or selfish drivers who will not give way to emergency service vehicles in Thailand.

Most of the time there is no place to give way, since they continue to allow illegal parking. Don't blame the drivers, blame the lack of enforcement and non-intelligent road design

"After just 10 minutes the fire was extinguished but Investigators were unable to conclusively pinpoint the cause of the fire which is thought to have been started by an electrical short circuit."

Hate to rain on the parade, but it just ain't so. I was across street playing some music with friend when it started. Got some photos, but they never seem to take when I try to post them. Anyway, about ten minutes in a pickup truck from FD came, then maybe another 5-10 another showed up. I left a few minutes after that, and it was still going strong. Didn't see a firetruck on walk back to condo. I would guess (and only a guess) response was from station off of Chaiyapruk. Maybe pickup trucks had fire extinguishers? Seems would have been reasonable to have a few on hand at the market. There I go again.... My guess was electrical, as shoddy seems to be fitting description of most wiring I have seen in my years here, and even more so in a market like this one. Wish the Hollywood Pattaya truck had somehow been there and burned....