Translations of documents

I have just realized that my girlfriends salary slips and the balance certificate off the bank along with bank statements will be in Thai. Will we need to get all this translated into English aswell at a cost of 500THB per document?

This documentation is for a Visa application for the UK

Thanks

Edited by Steps

That price if for certified translations...in Chiang Mai about 300thb/page..but...if certification is not necessary will be a lot cheaper doing it with an English student or a Thai English teacher....

The last application I was personally involved in, my sister-in-law's visit, we supplied translations of relevant certificates and letters but not of her bank book. This was fine.

It was 5 years ago, though.

What type of visa is she applying for? If settlement then there is no real need for her bank book or payslips; unless you are using her savings to meet the financial requirement.

If the company/organisation your girlfriend works for uses standard wage slips then it sounds like you would only need to get one salary slip translated. I think I paid about THB300 per page for a certified translation. I seem to remember one company wanting THB600 per page so, as usual, prices are negotiable.

• Like 1

That price if for certified translations...in Chiang Mai about 300thb/page..but...if certification is not necessary will be a lot cheaper doing it with an English student or a Thai English teacher....

Where abouts in CM can I get this done?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 2 months later...

One of my GF's sisters speaks very good English and could translate any information on payslips or bank books. Would this be okay and is it even a requirement (for a UK visit visa) ? I've seen these documents and I could understand them easily (without knowing any Thai script).

• 3 weeks later...

Where abouts in CM can I get this done?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Go to ChiangMai Uni. The foreign language dept will translate any/all of your documents very professionally and stamp them with a school seal. These worked for us. Otherwise, you can go to "Lek's Corner Translation Service" and take your chances..

:-)

One of my GF's sisters speaks very good English and could translate any information on payslips or bank books. Would this be okay and is it even a requirement (for a UK visit visa) ? I've seen these documents and I could understand them easily (without knowing any Thai script).

But does she have the official translation stamp. which is needed. nice thought though, It use to say no need to translate documents not a requirement.

Edited by Thongkorn

We used StarVisa Services to translate our marriage certificate and a utility bill. They're on the UKVI's list of approved translators and have an official translation stamp.

From memory the translation of the marriage certificate cost around 2000 baht, the utility bill was about 300 baht. Both were completed within 2 hours.

Their office is located near the American consulate. I hope it's OK to post their website address: www.starvisa.net

Edited by HarryCM