Anyone know what's with the Red Shirts showing up round Lad Phrao?

rugbyjacks

My friend lives round there and she says there were loads of them marching along a bit earlier. She's really quite scared!

Do you reckon they're going to try and hijack the protest sites before the Anti-gov protesters start to set up their camps this weekend?

There was a Thai Visa text update of clashes at Phatum Thani and people hurt by guns and large fireworks...

Is that nearby (or not even in Bangkok)?

Is this the start of the opposing sides finally getting down to it with each other?

And chances of a coup? 50/ 50? More?

I say all TV readers should go and hijack all the protest sites and act as peacekeepers to keep any coloured shirts out and defuse the situation. To show that we are taking no sides, we must all wear NO shirt at all. Once they see how many TV members there are who want to keep Thailand a peaceful place for other falangs to come and visit, the Thais will realize their minor political grievances are nothing compared to the risk of losing the tourist crowds and their money forever. How many TV members are there? Must be at least 100,000 strong. If we all act as shirtless peacekeepers, the protestors have no chance and will have to back down. Result: A peaceful Bangkok again, and we the shirtless TV members become worldwide heroes. It's a win-win situation.

• Like 2

I say all TV readers should go and hijack all the protest sites and act as peacekeepers to keep any coloured shirts out and defuse the situation. To show that we are taking no sides, we must all wear NO shirt at all. Once they see how many TV members there are who want to keep Thailand a peaceful place for other falangs to come and visit, the Thais will realize their minor political grievances are nothing compared to the risk of losing the tourist crowds and their money forever. How many TV members are there? Must be at least 100,000 strong. If we all act as shirtless peacekeepers, the protestors have no chance and will have to back down. Result: A peaceful Bangkok again, and we the shirtless TV members become worldwide heroes. It's a win-win situation.

If only pigs could fly and we could all live with Alice in Wonderland.

My friend lives round there and she says there were loads of them marching along a bit earlier. She's really quite scared!

Do you reckon they're going to try and hijack the protest sites before the Anti-gov protesters start to set up their camps this weekend?

There was a Thai Visa text update of clashes at Phatum Thani and people hurt by guns and large fireworks...

Is this the start of the opposing sides finally getting down to it with each other?

The UDD HQ is at the Imperial World department store 5th Floor and nearby Immigration Division... Quite an interesting place to visit with a large portrait of the late Maj. Gen. Khattiya Sawasdipol..

Not for the faint hearted that place...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Although I wouldn't visit wearing a yellow tuxedo, a flag hat and wander around blowing a whistle, the place really isn't too scary.

The upper floors are simply dedicated to the red shirt movement. The owner is buddies with the Demon Thaksin.

Although I wouldn't visit wearing a yellow tuxedo, a flag hat and wander around blowing a whistle, the place really isn't too scary.

The upper floors are simply dedicated to the red shirt movement. The owner is buddies with the Demon Thaksin.

Demon? Gosh what did he do to you? Are you a Thai?

• Like 1

A large group,passed our LP Soi 62 yesterday on motorbikes and trucks making a lot of noise but they were not red shirts. They were wearing white and waving placards stating "Bangkok open 24/7" and they were also placing stickers on signposts with something like "keep democracy" in Thai.

A large group,passed our LP Soi 62 yesterday on motorbikes and trucks making a lot of noise but they were not red shirts. They were wearing white and waving placards stating "Bangkok open 24/7" and they were also placing stickers on signposts with something like "keep democracy" in Thai.

Demon? Gosh what did he do to you? Are you a Thai?

It's called sarcasm.

This demand for "political reform" resembles an exorcism, more than a protest ...

Just watched the news this morning, they have apparently set up outside The Mall Bang Kapi.

The UDD HQ is at the Imperial World department store 5th Floor and nearby Immigration Division... Quite an interesting place to visit with a large portrait of the late Maj. Gen. Khattiya Sawasdipol..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have been to IW on several occasions, never felt intimadated, too be honest, to me the whole mall looked rather run down.

Up on the 5th floor was just a bunch of stall holders selling crap, sometimes have a red shirt speaker in the conference hall.

Most of the stall holders looked down beat and had almost given up, some I spoke to told me the red shirts were the only family they had.

Overall I found the whole place rather depressing almost surreal.

I was there for my 90 day reporting whilst CW was shut down. Yes the mall overall is rather depressing. But the 5th floor outside the Immigration Office is red central. Next to the lifts was the homage to Seh Daeng. With a group of red shirt supporters glued to the TV ironically watching a blue sky feed of the protests.

The various stalls selling Thaksin paraphernalia was also a bit disconcerting..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app