Motorcyclist killed in Jomtien Road Crash

Rimmer

Motorcyclist killed in Jomtien Road Crash

PATTAYA:--Late on Friday Night a 43 year old Motorbike driver was killed after he initially rear-ended another bike and then fell onto the road. He was then run over by a fast-moving coach.

The crash occurred on the Tepprasit Road in front of Soi 11 just after 11.30pm and resulted in the death of Khun Kiton aged 43. According to the other bike driver involved in the crash, Khun Alinyar aged 35, who sustained only minor injuries, she slowed down in preparation for a right-hand turn into Soi 11 off the main carriageway when she was rear-ended by the victim’s bike. Both drivers fell onto the road but Khun Kiton fell in the path of a fast-approaching coach which ran over his head, causing instant death.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/114762/motorcyclist-killed-in-jomtien-road-crash/#sthash.nyiiwIWO.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-11

RIP. So sad.

One more time. You don't have to lock up your brakes and run into things. You can first do this, and then quickly reverse the handlebars and avoid almost anything with a quick but controlled S turn. So sad.

Yes, ma'am. But it's a bit late for him, innit?

Edited by JSixpack

That road scares me almost as much as Sukhimvit. At least two roads that lead into it from Pattaya side should have proper traffic lights.

My sentiments exactly BugJack. thumbsup.gif

people are like lunatics when they travel down that road and particularly motorcyclists .

I watched someone the other day in the centre of the road just like this person Khun Alinyar was doing here in this example on a motorbike and they were also waiting to turn right and I thought I simply wouldn't have the nerve to be a sitting duck in the middle of that horribly busy road.

I would pull over on the left of the road and wait for the traffic to clear before exercising a right turn.

Just another road death.

It's 1 of 70, day after day after day.

Imagine if there were 70 daily reports like this.

This isn't really news anymore.

The real news would be if this "70-a-day" road death problem was addressed.

There were only 50 deaths every day over the New Year holiday - if you believe the official statistics.

RIP. So sad.

One more time. You don't have to lock up your brakes and run into things. You can first do this, and then quickly reverse the handlebars and avoid almost anything with a quick but controlled S turn. So sad.

Interesting. I've never heard of counter-steering before; I've been riding bikes for many years, so I guess I do it all the time.

I just watched a few videos and think I may need to go out and have a think about the way I do it.

• Like 1