Thai Army strongly slams Thaksin’s lawyer, Robert Amsterdam

webfact

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, the hold on Thailand is weaker by the ruling class than it was in the past.

Before, there were no links and no media on the internet for the Reds.

24 hour red station is streaming world wide and they are asking for help.

Are they asking their master for even more handouts? I bet it sounds something like "Thaksin is great, Thaksin is great, Thaksin is great" Over and over and over. BTW Thaksin IS part of the ruling class they seem to despise.

So do you want a democracy where Reds can pick the PM if they win?

You did not answer.

I see you do not like to answer.

Where would you move to?

California is nice. Near to Lake Tahoe would be fun for you.

I think it would be nice if Thailand wasn't being run by a criminal fugitive. Apparently that's a lot to hope for.

Yes, California and Lake Tahoe are nice. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I agree with you there.

By the way, the hold on Thailand is weaker by the ruling class than it was in the past.

Before, there were no links and no media on the internet for the Reds.

24 hour red station is streaming world wide and they are asking for help.

Are they asking their master for even more handouts? I bet it sounds something like "Thaksin is great, Thaksin is great, Thaksin is great" Over and over and over. BTW Thaksin IS part of the ruling class they seem to despise.

That is a good way to get them to convert.

Call them names.

You should tell the yellows Thaksin is one of them so that they can all go home.

You did not answer.

Where would you move to?

I think it would be nice if Thailand wasn't being run by a criminal fugitive. Apparently that's a lot to hope for.

Yes, California and Lake Tahoe are nice. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I agree with you there.

So the Yellow leaders are all nice are they? NO--they are guilty of the same things you accuse The Reds of and even more so.

So why is it we do not outlaw the their political parties?

Let me get this right.

You hate Thaksin. Therefor you want to be able to outlaw his part no matter how many times they win popular elections. I hated Bush, does that mean we can outlaw the Republican party? NO

He started a war in Iraq based on lies and cost America untold Billions in cost and also lives.

Can we outlaw the Republican party?

NO

Why is that?

Because the entire party did not do it. Bush did.

So you want to overthrow his sister for what he did. Hardly seems fair of you.

Maybe this makes sense to you in Thailand but it certainly makes no sense to those outside Thailand nor does it make sense to Reds here in Thailand. They have a right to vote. They vote in the Reds. You want to do another Coup because Thaksin is popular among Reds. he is not in the government. He is not even in the nation.

Seems rather unfair of you.

So the Yellow leaders are all nice are they? NO--they are guilty of the same things you accuse The Reds of and even more so.

You did not answer.

Where would you move to?

Let me get this right.

You hate Thaksin. Therefor you want to be able to outlaw his part no matter how many times they win popular elections. I hated Bush, does that mean we can outlaw the Republican party? NO

He started a war in Iraq based on lies and cost America untold Billions in cost and also lives.

NO

Why is that?

Maybe this makes sense to you in Thailand but it certainly makes no sense to those outside Thailand nor does it make sense to Reds here in Thailand. They have a right to vote. They vote in the Reds. You want to do another Coup because Thaksin is popular among Reds. he is not in the government. He is not even in the nation.

I don't hate anyone. Where did I say anything about supporting the yellow shirts. The yellow shirt thing is so 2008. Get with the times. I just think it's an issue when a country is being run by a convicted criminal fugitive that can't set foot in his own country. To me that's a problem. Apparently you think it's A-OK.

You did not answer.

Where would you move to?

Let me get this right.

NO

Why is that?

I don't hate anyone. Where did I say anything about supporting the yellow shirts. The yellow shirt thing is so 2008. Get with the times. I just think it's an issue when a country is being run by a convicted criminal fugitive that can't set foot in his own country. To me that's a problem. Apparently you think it's A-OK.

Fair enuff

But you must know there have been a series of coups in Thailand and that disliking Thasin does not give any group the right to overthrow an elected government does it. You say he is running the government? Well he is certainly not doing a good job of it. He cannot even get the mobs who are in the street to stop doing coups.

Did it occur to you that other powers run Thailand and that The Reds never had power.

Does the army follow the calls from the PM? NO

You by pushing for a non democratic removal of an elected government, are backing the Yellows because that is exactly what they want to do.

The Reds want an election. They would win again and again and again.

The Yellows have far more money than do the Reds and if vote buying was all that was needed to win, they would simply use more money and win elections. NO

No amount of money can get the people who vote for reds to switch to the Yellows.

Either you are for elections or you are for the coups. What other choice is before you?

Take care and stay out of the fighting areas.

I am safe.

You did not answer.

Where would you move to?

Let me get this right.

NO

Why is that?

Thats funny but from the posts here it seems your not only ignorant but gullible too. Seeing as google is your friend try doing some real historical research into what and what hasnt happened before you tell people to get with the times, seems your clueless about Thai history and corruption. Ill give you a clue, being Thailand if a rule or law dosnt appeal either ignore it pay someone off or in the case of constitutions just rip it up and start again.Every few years whistling.gif You really have no idea there is no difference between last weeks law and this week its changed, convicted under Thai dubious law means little and plenty of others even convicted are strolling about on the street.

Oh and get off planet zog about a fugitive outside running Thailand for the last 9 years cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .... . if you believe that then you really have been spending too much time listening to Thai soaps

Thailand is what is because the whole country is corrupt from the very pinnacle all the way down and has always been.

Thats funny but from the posts here it seems your not only ignorant but gullible too. Seeing as google is your friend try doing some real historical research into what and what hasnt happened before you tell people to get with the times, seems your clueless about Thai history and corruption. Ill give you a clue, being Thailand if a rule or law dosnt appeal either ignore it pay someone off or in the case of constitutions just rip it up and start again.Every few years whistling.gif You really have no idea there is no difference between last weeks law and this week its changed, convicted under Thai dubious law means little and plenty of others even convicted are strolling about on the street.

Oh and get off planet zog about a fugitive outside running Thailand for the last 9 years cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .... . if you believe that then you really have been spending too much time listening to Thai soaps

Thailand is what is because the whole country is corrupt from the very pinnacle all the way down and has always been.

I guess I was dreaming when I heard Yingluck is my clone, or the big PTP campaign slogan "Thaksin thinks, PTP Thai does" I tend to think he meant both of those.

Littering your posts with cute laughing emoticons doesn't help your case either. That's generally a sign that a poster has little substance to offer.

• Like 1

Fair enuff

But you must know there have been a series of coups in Thailand and that disliking Thasin does not give any group the right to overthrow an elected government does it. You say he is running the government? Well he is certainly not doing a good job of it. He cannot even get the mobs who are in the street to stop doing coups.

Did it occur to you that other powers run Thailand and that The Reds never had power.

Does the army follow the calls from the PM? NO

You by pushing for a non democratic removal of an elected government, are backing the Yellows because that is exactly what they want to do.

The Reds want an election. They would win again and again and again.

The Yellows have far more money than do the Reds and if vote buying was all that was needed to win, they would simply use more money and win elections. NO

No amount of money can get the people who vote for reds to switch to the Yellows.

Either you are for elections or you are for the coups. What other choice is before you?

Take care and stay out of the fighting areas.

I am safe.

I'll say it again since you didn't hear it the first 5 times. Thaksin wasn't legally elected to anything in 2006. The EC called the elections invalid, and he never got a royal endorsement. Since he wouldn't step down the military stepped in for a year or so, and then called elections. The military then accepted the results of those elections. Pretty simple really.

• Like 1

Abhisit was never elected by democratic elected MPs, they where the MPs that where put in place after the coup in 2006, Abhisit was NEVER elected, and will never be, if you like it or not.

Abhisit was elected by the same parliament as the two previous prime ministers, Samsak and Somchai of the PPP. While a few MPs were disqualified when the PPP was dissolved, most of its MPs were not. If the vote had been held after the by-elections to replace the disqualifed MPs, Abhisit would still have been elected.

If you mean democratically-inclined elected MPs, rather than democratically-elected MPs, you may be right, but I wonder which prime ministers were.

• Like 2

I guess I was dreaming when I heard Yingluck is my clone, or the big PTP campaign slogan "Thaksin thinks, PTP Thai does" I tend to think he meant both of those.

Littering your posts with cute laughing emoticons doesn't help your case either. That's generally a sign that a poster has little substance to offer.

Theres a huge difference between having influence and running a country in exile for 9 years, it simply is not possible however cute and tinfoil hat it sounds. Youve been reading too much tabloid press and sensationalising bs headlines. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif one side is not corrupt and the other clean, not even slightly like that

No one party is really interested in a clean up, this is closer to the truth, it is all a ruse and a way to regain power or hold on to it, just tell people what they want to hear but give no names of this illustrious council etc or buy off the farmers with a stupid scheme etc. Anything to get the support. Best place when the main event here eventually goes down is if your holding power at that time, but no one wants to hear that, it cant even be discussed but its bigger than an elephant in the room and why Thailand has been so turbulent these last few years whistling.gif

Theres a huge difference between having influence and running a country in exile for 9 years, it simply is not possible however cute and tinfoil hat it sounds. Youve been reading too much tabloid press and sensationalising bs headlines. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif one side is not corrupt and the other clean, not even slightly like that

No one party is really interested in a clean up, this is closer to the truth, it is all a ruse and a way to regain power or hold on to it, just tell people what they want to hear but give no names of this illustrious council etc or buy off the farmers with a stupid scheme etc. Anything to get the support. Best place when the main event here eventually goes down is if your holding power at that time, but no one wants to hear that, it cant even be discussed but its bigger than an elephant in the room and why Thailand has been so turbulent these last few years whistling.gif

You can call it cute and tinfoil if you want. It's the truth. He's said so himself. He doesn't even attempt to deny it. He decides who gets the cabinet posts and who doesn't. Those cabinet ministers then run the country. They all fly to Dubai or Hong Kong to kiss his ring and beg for the posts. If they pi$$ him off, they're out. It's all there for everyone to see. Like when the FM personally delivers his passport. Or when the head of the police goes to visit him on his birthday. I can't think of another country where the head of the police visits a wanted fugitive on his birthday and then proudly posts the photos of them together.

If you want to somehow justify that behavior in your mind as being ok because they all do it, then you're part of the problem and not the solution. The situations I've laid out above shouldn't be ok no matter what color shirt you wear or who is running the country.

Edited by daboyz1
  • Like 2

You can call it cute and tinfoil if you want. It's the truth. He's said so himself. He doesn't even attempt to deny it. He decides who gets the cabinet posts and who doesn't. Those cabinet ministers then run the country. They all fly to Dubai or Hong Kong to kiss his ring and beg for the posts. If they pi$$ him off, they're out. It's all there for everyone to see. Like when the FM personally delivers his passport. Or when the head of the police goes to visit him on his birthday. I can't think of another country where the head of the police visits a wanted fugitive on his birthday and then proudly posts the photos of them together.

If you want to somehow justify that behavior in your mind as being ok because they all do it, then you're part of the problem and not the solution. The situations I've laid out above shouldn't be ok no matter what color shirt you wear or who is running the country.

rolleyes.gif like I say do you realise how ridiculous you sound ? for 9 years hes been doing this i suppose and gives out all the little details on his birthday ? w00t.gif he has influence, he advises all that sure but no hes not running Thailand and every scheme and detail sorry to upset the soap opera but i have no faith whatsoever that Thailand has managed to produce the worlds first absent ruling PM. someone who has a good friend chief of police going to his birthday bash ??? sounds normal for a friend just it location isnt Chaing Mai. Great gossip and a tabloid I know but not exactly proof of him running things.

I couldnt care less about his behaviour now, to be honest hes been found guilty, hes about as useful in exile as he would be in jail they could easliy have been visiting him in country wink.png Im certainly not part of the problem, im not Thai and only allowed to be a visitor even tho I pay taxes etc which is more than 80% of working Thais do but naaa we wont be getting any rights anytime soon so tbh I hope the exchange rate goes up. If they continue the mismanagement of everything it surely will.

As far as politics goes Thailand gets what Thailand deserves. Garbage in... Garbage out. I'll just sit by and have a good old laugh as everyone accuses each other of bad things whilst all doing exactly the same given the opportunity and most of all i laugh at the people who sit and swallow the latest sales pitch. Like this time itll actually be different or better somehow.... get back to me in 5 years and ill almost certainly still be laughing at the latest claims and the same same but no different politics.

Edited by englishoak

When Abhisit was installed as PM it was really through some shady shenanigans with the military. The Army basically cobbled together a coalition after the judicial coup by pairing Abhisit with a banned criminal politician that had been aligned with Thaksin. It was really shameful to see that photo of Abhisit shaking that dudes hand.

Abhisit was elected PM in parliament.

Are you talking about Thaksin when you say "banned criminal politician"? Isn't that the problem at the moment, that Thailand has a "banned criminal politician" effectively running the country?

No, it's obvious he's talking about Newin. You really ought to build up your comprehension skills. Why would he be talking about Thaksin? That would make his sentence read

The Army basically cobbled together a coalition after the judicial coup by pairing Abhisit with (a banned criminal politician) Thaksin that had been aligned with Thaksin.

Which makes no sense at all.

Oh I see what you did there, that was clever whistling.gif because Thaksin is also a banned criminal politician Wow, lmfao. Here's a picture so you don't get them mixed up in future

20090424065856!Abhisit_Newin.jpg

The banned criminal politician is on the right (up to now anyway)

That photo is classic! A banned, criminal politician shaking hands with the one supposedly above the fray. Make a deal with the devil to seize power, with some Army twisting and cash from the Army. But Abhisit was elected by Parliament, let's not forget.

The guy who posted that video seems to think there is only one corrupt politician in Thailand. The whole system is set up to spend money during the campaign and then to steal as much as possible once you get in office.

THEY ALL DO IT!

What pisses off the opposition is that they have lost control of the coffers and Thaksin is such an utterly clever and unabashed thief that he was able to steal more than anyone else in history.

But thief's they all are and when you consider that Thais hate it when someone (a northerner) they think is lower than them gets more, it was only a matter of time until the targeted Thaksin.

Oh dear Sam! I think you mean that they are Thieves, not theif's! Never mind, under Thaksin we can all live in a fiefdom!

OK. I'll rephrase. Thaksin was convicted by the courts while his proxy government was in power.

Better, so we can say there is no linkage between those two facts.

And even less with "The conviction of Thaksin was a farce, ramrodded through by a non-democratically installed, biased government."

Seems to me it was the Army that ousted Thaksin in a coup. Like him or not, Thaksin was elected.

Not really. Thanksin wasn't actually elected when he was ousted. The elections were declared invalid per the law. A small detail most seem to miss.

No no body missed this, the Army did a coup, changed the law , and declared the elections invalid.... not such a small detail, but a huge one most anti anti Taksins seem to miss.

The election was declared invalid in May 2006, mainly because the Election Commission had the voting boxes facing the public, and people could see how you voted.

Who are you talking to with your post?

Certainly you are not expecting the people who live in Thailand to have forgotten the coups and the Captain and the court put in by the coup then throwing out a PM for doing a talk show and then and then and then.

Man up and admit you do not want a democracy where the Reds can win.

Endless games make this stuff comical.

BUT honestly, if the Reds ever were to get full control of the nation including the army, then posting such nonsense could land one in deep trouble as a government propagandist.

What nation would you move to?

Samak was forced to step down as PM because he was being paid for his "cooking show" and lying about it in court.

Seems to me it was the Army that ousted Thaksin in a coup. Like him or not, Thaksin was elected.

Not really. Thanksin wasn't actually elected when he was ousted. The elections were declared invalid per the law. A small detail most seem to miss.

Not again! Elections were held in April 2006. Thaksin was caretaker PM. The dems boycotted those elections. The elections were declared invalid. New elections were royally decreed to be held on October 15th 2006. Thaksin was caretaker PM awaiting these elections.

A "small" detail you and others seem to overlook in your haste to "prove" that Thaksin was not elected (He was, much in the same way that Yingluck is an elected PM in a caretaker role) is that the Army staged a coup and took away every eligible Thai's right to vote for the party of their choice.

In other words they overthrew a government, be it caretaker or otherwise doesn't matter, they trampled on democracy, much the same as suthep aims to. However, as the army rewrote the constitution while they were at it, they were covered by an amnesty clause that they wrote in.

• Like 1

Abhisit was never elected by democratic elected MPs, they where the MPs that where put in place after the coup in 2006, Abhisit was NEVER elected, and will never be, if you like it or not.

OMG. You REALLY need to do some BASIC research.

The coup was in September 2006. There was an election in December 2007. PPP formed a coalition government. PPP were disbanded, and their replacement party (PTP) were then in power with an acting PM. The acting PM went to parliament to elect a new PM, as they had done a month or so before after Samak was forced to step down for having two jobs. Abhisit was elected PM by a majority of MPs in parliament.

OMG. Did we forget the little details like a royally decreed election on Oct 15th 2006. Well it would have been (poss delayed to November) had it not been for the coup overthrowing a caretaker government. And you forgot the little detail of the Army brokering a deal to enable the defection of the Friends of Newin.

When the PPP was dissolved the 22 MP's of the Friends of Newin (FON) Group had 60 days to either form a new political party or join a new one. Gen Anupong and others arranged a deal between the dems and the FON where the FON would join the dems as coalition partners (in exchange for a lot of money and lucrative ministries like the Interior Ministry, think Dust Free Roads corruption etc.) enabling the dems to get enough votes to form a government and make abhisit PM.

A little detail most abhisit fanboyz are prone to omit

So the oft repeated BS that abhisit was elected PM in the same way as Yingluck, is just that, BS.

Edited by fab4

The coup was in September 2006. There was an election in December 2007. PPP formed a coalition government. PPP were disbanded, and their replacement party (PTP) were then in power with an acting PM. The acting PM went to parliament to elect a new PM, as they had done a month or so before after Samak was forced to step down for having two jobs. Abhisit was elected PM by a majority of MPs in parliament.

OMG. Did we forget the little details like a royally decreed election on Oct 15th 2006. Well it would have been (poss delayed to November) had it not been for the coup overthrowing a caretaker government. And you forgot the little detail of the Army brokering a deal to enable the defection of the Friends of Newin.

When the PPP was dissolved the 22 MP's of the Friends of Newin (FON) Group had 60 days to either form a new political party or join a new one. Gen Anupong and others arranged a deal between the dems and the FON where the FON would join the dems as coalition partners (in exchange for a lot of money and lucrative ministries like the Interior Ministry, think Dust Free Roads corruption etc.) enabling the dems to get enough votes to form a government and make abhisit PM.

A little detail most abhisit fanboyz are prone to omit

So the oft repeated BS that abhisit was elected PM in the same way as Yingluck, is just that, BS.

What relevance does the scheduled Oct 2006 election have with "Abhisit being elected by MPs put in place by the coup"?

Yes. Dodgy deals were done to form a coalition, just as they were done by Thaksin in 2001, and before the 2005 election when he bought smaller parties into the TRT fold, and in 2007 when the PPP formed a coalition with parties that had campaigned that they wouldn't join with Thaksin's party.

Abhisit WAS elected PM in the same way as Thaksin, Samak, Somchai, and Yingluck - in parliament by a majority of elected MPs.

Research is helped when presenting the facts in a more accurate fashion. Samak was booted because it was the only way the Dems could hope to take control of the House. It was widely described as a judicial coup because the ruling was dubious. Samak hosted a cooking show! That was grounds for removing him from office. So how did the Dems then take control: begging the army to pay the criminals in Burriram to join with them.

Love how everyone throws around the "D" word (Democracy). And none of them know the true meaning of it.

And you do? Laughable because you seem to think that your own country is so democratic. It isn't and you are the one who don't understand the true meaning of it.

Uhm, and where did I ever say my country is "so democratic?" The US isn't democratic, even though so many would like to claim it is. But leaving that aside, my country is not the topic of discussion. Perhaps I do understand what "democratic" and "democracy" means, therefore I do not throw the word around.

Now, there is nothing in Thailand the even closely resembles a democracy. And that definitely includes the "democratically elected" (Yeah ok) PTP and predecessor parties cronies. Nor does it include the Democratic party cronies. Perhaps, before you toss around accusations to my beliefs, you should at least understand them.

Love how everyone throws around the "D" word (Democracy). And none of them know the true meaning of it.

Please enlighten us oh wise one.

Why? Based on the tone of your response, I am guessing you are not interested in it either. Democracy is just a tossed around word. It doesn't exist in most governments and is just a smokescreen to true intention.

Research is helped when presenting the facts in a more accurate fashion. Samak was booted because it was the only way the Dems could hope to take control of the House. It was widely described as a judicial coup because the ruling was dubious. Samak hosted a cooking show! That was grounds for removing him from office. So how did the Dems then take control: begging the army to pay the criminals in Burriram to join with them.

Yes. Accuracy is a good idea. You should try it sometime.

The Democrats didn't take control after Samak was booted. Somchai was elected PM after Samak was forced to step down, but it could have quite easily been Samak again except someone decided he wanted someone closer in the top spot.

Samak was booted for being paid for the cooking show, and for lying about it in court.

The Democrats came to power after the PPP was disbanded and Somchai (being a PPP executive) was banned. The (newly formed with ex-PPP MPs) PTP were in power after that, and they decided to go back to parliament to elect a new PM. They could have called an election, but they decided not to.

The Democrats made a deal with the "criminals of Buriram", who just happened to be previously part of the PPP party. Is it that they're OK while being in one party, but suddenly the most corrupt people on earth after they join another?

• Like 1

Army; what Army....oh I see the one that maintains the peace and and security of the peoples enemies whilst they tear down Thailand's Democratically elected Governments. Since the is evidence to show that 'all' Thai institutions are corrupt the is no justification for the Army to favour any one of them since by definition it is itself also corrupt.