EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: People's revolution 'will win'

Lite Beer

"The decentralised power proposals are nothing new. Those ideas have been advocated by liberal academics for years as well as by reformers like Anand and Dr Prawase. It's just that no one in power has done anything about it."

they can't - if governors are not appointed but elected in their home provinces - they do not depend on the government in Bangkok anymore and don't have to be forever "grateful" to the politicians who appointed them! They would actually have to be accountable to the people who elected them!

• Like 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I admire his vision, despite his chequered past. I can't see Monday not being violent. Thailand has a history of getting things done violently, and I can't see how change can be done peacefully. So we shall see. One thing is clear. Thaksin won't give up, no matter how badly things are stacked up against him, so i cannot see it ending peacefully. All those who think the election should go ahead and rattle on about upholding the law/democracy/etc, obviously have no idea how things work on Thailand. It really isn't as simple as that.

I also fear that violence will come!

But if it comes it will be by the Shinawat red, black or white mercenaries! Not Suthep protesters!

Suthep protesters, will take it peacefully, until a certain point and after they will defend them self (with or without the help of the army)!

But in the end, they will end the Shinawat regime!!!

• Like 1

I admire his vision, despite his chequered past. I can't see Monday not being violent. Thailand has a history of getting things done violently, and I can't see how change can be done peacefully. So we shall see. One thing is clear. Thaksin won't give up, no matter how badly things are stacked up against him, so i cannot see it ending peacefully. All those who think the election should go ahead and rattle on about upholding the law/democracy/etc, obviously have no idea how things work on Thailand. It really isn't as simple as that.

Professional politicians will say the opposite while rally support.

Once in power . . . . . .

Haven't we seen enough already, especially in African, but USA is also not immune.

Dear Mr Suthep, please answer me 1 question:

- If you want reforms so badly, why did you not implement them while you were PM and Vice-PM with Abhisit for 3 years?

Yours sincerely.

They did make some reforms. They couldn't rewrite the constitution, as the red shirts wouldn't allow it or accept it.

Also, they were in power for 2 years and many months were taken up dealing with protests. They also had to didn't have full control, as they had to deal with their coalition partners.

Sent from my phone ...

"They couldn't rewrite the constitution"

Would that be this constitution?

'The military junta-appointed Constitution Drafting Assembly unanimously approved the draft in July 2007, despite a lot of public controversy about several clauses. The junta passed a law making it illegal to publicly criticize the draft. The junta also ran a successful promotion campaign leading up to the referendum, and threatened to not step down if the constitution is not accepted.'

I am worried what will happen in Pathum Wan intersection tomorrow.

I go there every evening to light candle and support peace (play John's song imagine) and 2nd Feb election.

The Yellow will make our site THE main rally site. I expect millions Yellow will be there.

We White (aka Red in sheep skin) only have a few thousand.

Will they take action against us? Will we be safe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_3BcHL-gBs

• Like 1

''The people should decide...''

OK Mr. Suthep, here's an idea for the ''people'' to decide. Let's have a general election.

Oh, hang on, there is one due but you have decided not to contest it..!!

T.I.T whistling.gif

By "the people" Suthep means "his people" (the southern rubber farmers who are very smart and understand what happens. Not the brainless northern poor who never understand anything at all) (oh, and the corrupt Dems too, of course).

Suthep want power sharing (between "his" people only)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I like what he has to say, so do many Thai People and his popularity seems to be growing, not shrinking, despite acts of violence from the other side (or third parties, whichever may be the case)

An election would change absolutely nothing, for the better. I think, we all know that. I agree, that reforms must come first, to close some of the loopholes.

A Nationwide referendum, makes total sense to me, after the details get worked out, on how the reforms should look.

Referendums are democracy. Everybody will get to vote on the new Constitution. If they people don't like, what they see, they have the opportunity to vote it down.

''The people should decide...''

OK Mr. Suthep, here's an idea for the ''people'' to decide. Let's have a general election.

Oh, hang on, there is one due but you have decided not to contest it..!!

T.I.T whistling.gif

By "the people" Suthep means "his people" (the southern rubber farmers who are very smart and understand what happens. Not the brainless northern poor who never understand anything at all) (oh, and the corrupt Dems too, of course).

Suthep want power sharing (between "his" people only)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the generalization.

Although I do not agree with you 100%, you have the point, and quite right.

"All those who think the election should go ahead and rattle on about upholding the law/democracy/ect, obviously have no idea how things work on Thailand"

So the 15+ million people (last general election voted PTP), who were born here, grew up here, have family here that goes back generations, Speke the language here, some 5/6( different dialects), But you know better than them as "obviously have no idea how things work in Thailand" REALLY????? blink.png

• Like 1

- If you want reforms so badly, why did you not implement them while you were PM and Vice-PM with Abhisit for 3 years?

Yours sincerely.

I guess reform is not that important when you are the one with the power.

Or when you've filled your pockets enough, tired of the game, and decide to retire.... then suddenly become a corruption fighting super hero, looking out for "The People".

Blimey. First time I managed to read something this guy has said and agreed to almost everything said.

The problem is that this is Khun Suthep talking. A man who's corrupt and controversial practices can only be matched by Khun Thaksin. Pitty they could not find a scandal free person to lead this movement. It would all sound a little bit more "real". Right now, it just sounds like a carefully scripted interview to win the hearts and minds of the undecided and open minded, and to try and make people forget HIS own "dark secrets" and portray him as an angelic face.

• Like 1

Foreign countries have no right to interfere as this is a matter for the people," he said.

Says the guy who rallied his supporters to the US and other embassies asking for support.

Don't be a plonker.

They protested at the embassy for perceived interference.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"BANGKOK: -- PROTEST LEADER SUTHEP SEES VICTORY, SAYS HE DOESN'T WANT A COUP AND THE PEOPLE, NOT HIM, MUST DECIDE FUTURE"

How about unobstructed elections to let the people decide the future?

How about fixing things first and punishing the PTP cheats.

How is that an interview???

Again: not a single question about the "what" and "how"!

"Exclusive" to the Nation.

IMO a planted PR piece and as such one should not have expected difficult or probing questions.

Why don't you write to him and ask if you can interview him on behalf of TV?

If there is a civil war he will retreat?What a coward. He instigates the violence, commits criminal acts, provoke everyone, bring the naive people to their death... And then he says that if there is a civil war he will retreat?If there is a civil war it is already too late. This guy is talking more nonsense everyday.Hopefully the peaceful side (pro-government and pro elections candle lighting people) will stay away from this mad crowd and their mad leader. Sent from my iPhone...

I think the reds are scared that he makes more sense every day and gets more support every day despite his history whereas Thaksin is losing support and the plot and Yingluck never had either

Yours sincerely.

Perhaps at that point they didn't foresee Thaksins sister @ the helm, his cronies in key positions and Thailand on the verge of bankruptcy and the rice industry decimated.

What utter tosh! Are you seriously suggesting that there was no corruption under Abhisits government? The Shins didn't invent corruption, its been endemic in Thai society for eons.

Thailand on the verge of bankruptcy??? what!! are you serious? This is the 24 or 25th largest economy in the world! It is not bankrupt.(at least not yet -and if it does bankrupt itself it'll be Suthep's fault)

The rice industry decimated? Are you sure? Now the Baht is declining against major currencies, they'll be able to sell the rice. PT finance minister Kittirat wanted to reduce the value of the baht last year, but the governor of the Bank of Thailand refused as his rich friends were busy getting even richer by buying up shares in foreign companies on the back of a strong Baht!

Do a bit of basic research before you post.

Suthep is looking to get rid of corruption

You are looking back in history to justify it.

• Like 1