SRT denies rumors of southern rail tracks closure to prevent protester joining PDRC

Lite Beer

SRT denies rumors of southern rail tracks closure to prevent protester joining PDRC

BANGKOK, 12 Jan 2014, (NNT) - Prapat Jongsanguan, Governor of the State Railway of Thailand (SRT), stated that the repairing of the rail bridge in Prachuab Kirikhan Province has been completed and the southern rail services are now back in service.

According to Mr. Prapat, the closure of the southern rail track in Prachuab Kirikhan Province is for maintenance purposes, not to prevent protesters from joining the People’s Democratic Refrom Committee (PDRC)’s planned mass rally tomorrow.

Previously, the SRT announced the closure of the rail tracks for 4 days beginning yesterday and ending on Tuesday. Mr. Prapat said that the rail bridge in Prachuab Kirikhan Province urgently needed repairing.

The resumption of services would refute the rumors spreading in the social media linking the closure to politics, particularly the one claiming the move was perpetrated by the government to fend off PDRC’s supporters joining its planned rally tomorrow, said Prapat.

Nonetheless, the closure has angered the PDRC’s supporters from the South who wish to attend the rally, triggering the groundless rumors.

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-ZeqzANMpW.web
-- NNT 2014-01-12

Demonstrators should know that by now. TRT and all the TRT offspring parties, always pulled the same crap, to keep demonstrators from reaching Bangkok. That and roadblocks, long searches and hours of back up traffic, spikes on the Southern Highways, etc. If I was Khun Suthep and his advisers, I would have asked the demonstrators to be there a few days early. They had enough warning and time to get there. Why wait for the last minute?

Oh well, there will be enough support from Bangkok, to make this happen, until the others finally arrive.

• Like 1

one would have thought they would be more discreet, lop a few carriages off the train length and say booked out. mostly trains south are book out in advance very frequently so just cutting a few carriages would go unnoticed

Edited by Big Pinkie

Isn´t it amazing how the SRT´s sudden discovery of the principle of preventive maintenance coincides with the 13th Jan?

even more amazing that a four day repair schedule turned into less than 24 hours if the report is to be believed. Hope that bridge is safe!!!

• Like 1

one would have thought they would be more discreet, lop a few carriages off the train length and say booked out. mostly trains south are book out in advance very frequently so just cutting a few carriages would go unnoticed

"....one would have thought they would be more discreet, ...."

Discretion is not something the PTP is familiar with. Mr Chalerm is a perfect example of that fact.

• Like 2

What a crap thread, like one side is angelic. Of course there are maneuvers going on...

This is a power struggle.

Neither side has the moral high ground, and all of you know it. Pretending otherwise is not laughable or tragic...it is pathetic.

cheesy.gif

Let's all laugh as the building we live in is burningWPFflags.gif

• Like 2

Let's all laugh as the building we live in is burningWPFflags.gif

even if it is razzed to the ground it will still be exactly the same for farang. like plasticine as they say of the koreans, goes in one end comes out the other end exactly the same.

Doesn't work, because the southern railway staff are southern people and the last time, they just let everyone till the train was complete full.....for free.

By the way they block the cars coming from the south. Friend called, they are stuck in Chumphon in a who know how long traffic jam.

SRT denies rumors of southern rail tracks closure to prevent protesters joining PDRC

I suppose Mr. Suthep and his hoard of devil worshippers are right as usual, that even the SRT are against them. But I can understand why SRT don't like them its because the protesters demand free rides to Bangkok as their newly selected peoples council say all people(protesters) working on behalf of the Suthep government can do as they please.

Certain trains have been free for years anyway. Nothing to do with what is going on now.

I was actually at Prachuab station when 4 very suspicious looking men turned up in a black sedan to 'question' the men at the station as to why they didn't know the trains weren't going to be running. We were told by the men to go and get the van service to Hua Hin if we wanted to travel. The SRT staff treated them politely, and said to us that they had claimed to be journalists. SRT staff checked up and the train was running normally, and arrived as advertised (notwithstanding the customary delay of 20 minutes) and took us off to Hua Hin, as advertised. The train itself *was* full of yellow shirt old ladies, clearly hell bent on trouble making in the capital - but I can say *emphatically* that the rumour was not being spread or started by SRT staff in that situation.

Demonstrators should know that by now. TRT and all the TRT offspring parties, always pulled the same crap, to keep demonstrators from reaching Bangkok. That and roadblocks, long searches and hours of back up traffic, spikes on the Southern Highways, etc. If I was Khun Suthep and his advisers, I would have asked the demonstrators to be there a few days early. They had enough warning and time to get there. Why wait for the last minute?

Oh well, there will be enough support from Bangkok, to make this happen, until the others finally arrive.

Yep, cuz there wasn't a similar effort to prevent red shirts coming to BKK in 2010... definitely road blocks and searches anyway. The spikes thing was low if it was the govt, I agree.

Yep, cuz there wasn't a similar effort to prevent red shirts coming to BKK in 2010... definitely road blocks and searches anyway. The spikes thing was low if it was the govt, I agree.

Yep, definitely roadblocks, red-shirts searching through cars, blocking troop movements, accompanying troop trains to make sure they really passed Bangkok towards down South, etc., etc.

Isn´t it amazing how the SRT´s sudden discovery of the principle of preventive maintenance coincides with the 13th Jan?

even more amazing that a four day repair schedule turned into less than 24 hours if the report is to be believed. Hope that bridge is safe!!!

Amazing indeed! The productivity at SRT must be wonderful. No surprise they are such an efficient profitable reliable and safe organization.

Yep, definitely roadblocks, red-shirts searching through cars, blocking troop movements, accompanying troop trains to make sure they really passed Bangkok towards down South, etc., etc.

Yep, that all came later. We're talking about the relative actions of the governments in charge. Road blocks were set up in March 2010 by police and military and red shirt vehicles were randomly stopped and searched.

Groundless rumors my ass.

These PTP ministers are so incredibly dumb or dangerously arrogant that they have no understanding that even in politics "plausible denial" requires an element of plausibility.which is a condition that they simply do not have.

Groundless rumors my ass.

These PTP ministers are so incredibly dumb or dangerously arrogant that they have no understanding that even in politics "plausible denial" requires an element of plausibility.which is a condition that they simply do not have.

Well they have obviously been taking lessons from the Senator for New Jersey.....

I have noticed more than a few posts in this thread that are insulting, baiting and inflammatory. If you cannot post in a polite manner respectful of others and the fact that they are allowed to have opinions different than your own then I would highly recommend that you do not post. Further such posts will result in more than a simple formal warning and you may find your posting rights restricted until you can be polite.

LOL. Seriously?

Do you think that the "Redshirts" can block troop movements? If the military ants to pass, it will. No civilian, Red, Yellow, Pink, Polkadot is going to stop them.

LOL. Seriously?

Do you think that the "Redshirts" can block troop movements? If the military ants to pass, it will. No civilian, Red, Yellow, Pink, Polkadot is going to stop them.

2010-04-21

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/358124-troop-train-seized-by-red-shirts/

http://www.france24.com/en/20100422-thailand-detained-troops-military-crackdown-rural-northeast-red-shirts/