Shutdown will be a flop, says Thaksin aide

webfact

If Yingluck was to resign, a deputy PM would step up in her place. The protesters aren't asking the whole cabinet to get out. Just the Shinawatras.

Have you read the Thai Constitution ?

She cannot resign, the Constitution does not allow her to resign from caretaker PM post.

In the same way, the Constitution does not allow for elections to be delayed (unless in the event of a National Emergency like war, earthquake etc..).

Please tell me where in the constitution it stops MPs or PMs from resigning? Are you suggesting a Thai MP has never resigned?

So it would suggest you have not read the Thai Constitution put into place after the coup and amended by the Democrat Party. (Strange that the Democrats can change it isn't it)

Whilst in normal parliamentary time a PM or an MP can resign, this is not allowed during the period prior to an election when there is a caretaker PM and caretaker government.

The Thai Constitution prohibits the resignation of the caretaker PM.

Caretaker PM resignation is a breach of Constitution.

Election delay (in the event of no National Emergency) is a breach of Constitution.

Which is why those who oppose the government keep asking for the PM to resign or the election to be delayed, they know full well this breaks the Constitution and would lead to the caretaker PM and caretaker government being booted out and an appointed PM put in place.

They get away with saying this as a lot of people, like you, fail to appreciate that a "caretaker PM" cannot resign prior to an election and an election cannot be delayed unless there is a national emergency.

That is my understanding of reading it and this has been stated by numerous people, I suggest you read the section to do with caretaker PM's and pre-election period.

The Prime Minister can resign under section 182 of the charter, see also section 180. This section of the charter (The Council of Ministers) covers arrangements for caretaker governments. It does not prohibit the prime minister from resigning during a caretaker period.

There are a number of English translations available, here's one or feel free to choose your own. If you can find a section that supports your claim please let me know.

• Like 1

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluk is about to resign, her red shirt militia are out chucking grenades.......

post-70418-0-02585600-1390186875_thumb.j

We now know that one of the grenade lobbers has been identified as a gay Navy SEAL. Another SEAL hit squad was arrested by the police. Doesn't take a genius to work out who's behind the grenade campaign.

Why on earth doesn't someone tell him to get stuffed in Technicolour.

Sore loser? I predicted that the big shutdown would turn into a tiny shutdown, and I was right. I predicted that the anti democracy mob would then turn to violence, and I was right. I said that the danger of a coup had passed, and so far I've been right. I predict that a week from now nothing much will have changed and we'll be a week closer to the election.

Let's hear your predictions for the next seven days and we'll so who gets it right.

Sorry but you must have mouth sores, you predicted that the protesters would turn to violence ???? the danger of a coup had passed ???? The shutdown has had more effect since the numbers have got smaller. Government under big court pressure, did you predict that cause most of us on here did. Did you predict the rice farmers were about to go in tow with the anti gov-protest ???? you predict election--I predict a farce.

• Like 1

Yingluk is about to resign, her red shirt militia are out chucking grenades.......

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We now know that one of the grenade lobbers has been identified as a gay Navy SEAL. Another SEAL hit squad was arrested by the police. Doesn't take a genius to work out who's behind the grenade campaign.

Your planet must be far away. This theory was discounted hours ago.

???? The shutdown has had more effect since the numbers have got smaller.

Logic free zone! Perhaps when the numbers reach zero the government will fall then.

(Also, your question mark button seems to be sticking.)

Thanks for the school instruction re ? watch out now with your typing. sometimes with your denial type we have to overdo typing to get through.

Tell me now that your crazy predictions are haywire, When do you expect the government to FALL ??? after the probe or before ??? come on...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Your planet must be far away. This theory was discounted hours ago.

post-70418-0-00640900-1390195702_thumb.j

.......if you can find them, maybe YOU can hire......

post-70418-0-45544600-1390195748_thumb.j

(PS Just want to mention that that was my 1,000th post!)

Edited by Spalpeen