When Protesters Close a Road, They Mean It.

tweezer

Last night at about 8:30 PM, on my way home along Chaeng Wattana, I encountered a protester roadblock. Most cars were turning around.

There wasn't really anyone around directly guarding the roadblock, and there was enough room, so I just squeezed by it, and continued on my way along Chaeng Wattana. Drove home and parked. No big deal.

This morning I went to my car and was surprised to find it with two flat front tires....

Turns out, Chaeng Wattana road was laced with crude tire spikes.

Attached are some photos.

So be warned.... if you are driving near or through a protest area.... watch out!

post-26522-0-88963200-1389601966_thumb.j

post-26522-0-14159100-1389601982_thumb.j

post-26522-0-40582100-1389602000_thumb.j

• Like 1

Some weeks ago when the yellows wanted to come to BKK the reds throw those things on the highway causing use trafficjams because of all the punctures. It worked for them.

I think it is really sick to do but hey this is Thailand. Also 2 days ago a car with a Thai-national flag on the antenna had been shot. Be carefull out there!

one would think the yellows would consist of suit wearing men, high falutin thai girls and the like but NO they look just like scrubby reds. dirty and smelly all of them...................lol. soon we will be seeing human feces all over the place.

Edited by oogster8

tyres are bald anyway so they needed to be replaced, pity it took this to do it. Both sides are as bad as each other in this regard, they seem to think that they can stop people going where they want to as a right for themselves. It shits me when you get these red ot yellow road blocks refuse to let people go where they need to, especially when it is a major country road.

tyres are bald anyway so they needed to be replaced, pity it took this to do it. Both sides are as bad as each other in this regard, they seem to think that they can stop people going where they want to as a right for themselves. It shits me when you get these red ot yellow road blocks refuse to let people go where they need to, especially when it is a major country road.

Apparently they can, I think that is their point

You are lucky you didnt get beat down

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tyres not bald to me...did you blow up the photos to look prior to comment as they do look in the small attached pic, but load it and they are fine.

Tyres not bald to me...did you blow up the photos to look prior to comment as they do look in the small attached pic, but load it and they are fine.

Appologies, you are right, glad I can admit when I stuff up, thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 1

Were these spikes on the inside of the barrier? Of are they put on the outside to stop people approaching the barriers? So can I get to Bond Street from Pak Kret without a problem?

They were inside the barrier... I didn't think much of it then, since it was so easy to get around the barrier, and there was really no one around telling anyone to stop.

Also, this was Sunday evening... before the shutdown was supposed to start.

And sorry, I'm not sure where Bond street is. But today a friend of mine sent me this attached photo... supposedly taken on the bridge in front of DSI.

post-26522-0-71104000-1389700181_thumb.j

Edited by tweezer