Yingluck says she will not resign

webfact

It was not Yingluck who said she would not resign

It was Thaksin who said she would not resign

Poor now even allowed to make her own decisions about her own life ..

YS ...... "Thaksin is it ok if I go potty now"

and you forgot... As it was reported in another thread.. By SKYPE too.

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep is basically saying give me the country or I'll trash the joint.
Wasn't that basically what the reds/Thaksin were saying in 2010? Actually, as i remember (my office was at CWT at the time) they trashed and burned the place... even after they got the elections they wanted...
In what civilized country would you heed the demands of a maniac threatening to destroy the country if you don't hand him the keys?
Are we talking Suthep or Thaksin? Sorry that comment could equally be placed at the feet of either men, with the exception that Suthep hasnt trashed anything (yet) where as Thaksin's lot did.
The red shirts had reason to be livid in 2010. The army and "others" engineered a coup where a political party that hadn't won an election in 15 years and represented the interests of the Bangkok elite had been installed into power. It was the kind of thing that happens in tinpot banana republics not a modern, democratic, constitutional monarchy. The red shirts had no real choice but to resort to violence if they wanted their political rights to be respected. The elite had pulled the rug from under them. The red shirts were merely trying to restore what rightfully belonged to them. They wanted justice. The burning of buildings was a result of rage. Rage against the elite, rage against the army for fanning the flames. The yellow shirts have nothing to rage against. They're just unhappy that the government wasn't putting the interests of the Bangkok elite first and foremost. Their demands are unjust. They want an unelected ruler who represents a minority.
Not the caseThe red shirts came out after Thaksin had been convicted of abuse of power and was fined accordinglySent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Election fraud! Unlawfully trying to amend the constitution! Plus many other crimes against the thai people. What part of that is she basing her democracy. Im teaching social to high school kids about democracy and the 1ST thing it says in their books is the leader is chosen by the people for the people. Not BUY the people for the people i know only Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're a teacher ????????

Scary.

Yes, such poor use of English, it's hard to understand what he's going on about.

You have made an outrageous allegation here which is highly inflammatory.

You state "It was Thaksin who said she would not resign"

You have not put this as an opinion, you have not referred to unverified and therefore possible false newspaper reports from unnamed and unknown people.

You have made a claim it was Thaksin.

Please back up this absolute allegation you have made with unequivocal proof that your statement is 100% correct !

Why should he or I or anyone else have to give unequivacable facts in a foram format. This is the place to state rumors, facts or almost anything else you feel like stating!

Unfortunately - you're wrong.

If you want to say whatever you want say, you'd be much, I mean far much better off, moving to China.

(I can claim that, because i lived there for 10 years and was many times invited my the big guys, to voice my opinion, and also met Thai governors, by the dozens, there, too... whiners they are, let me tell you ;-) )

In Thailand? Many things you are not allowed to talk at all.

Fact, Truth, are some of them as long as they concern Thailand in some way or the other!. If it's about taking the Shi8 cra9 out of any Farang? Please go ahead, maybe you even get a free visa. See the pint?

This site, e.g., is only alive, because they lick shoe-soles ;-)

Get it?

Edited by NHT

Good for her the people voted her in and if they want her out then vote her out on Feb 2nd

Real easy

in the meantime the constitution requires her by law to stay as the caretaker until the new election.

There is that vote em out and elections banter again. Silence is deafening on the other 14 principles of democracy they don't adhere too.

Not sure if it is just complete gullibility or the PT supporters have an off switch after elections that get turned back on just before the next election making them only ever see the 1 principle of democracy the PT adhere too in action. If that switch stayed on long enough for the rice farmers we won't have these issues by the regime. Good to see the red shirts are starting to wise up and not attend the rallies up north. So desperate are the paramilitary leaders they have rebranded to white. We might just see rice farmers overtaking the UDD PTP falang supporters on the intellectual level the way this is going!

I totally agree with you.

What is it with the foreigners here and rantings of so called Thai democracy?

It does not exist. It is almost the same as Robert Mugabe and HIS democracy.

People vote there the same way they were asked to vote PTP here.

I have been awaiting any of these 3 groups, PRDC, PT, and Democrats, to show some orginal thinking and propose and intiate action which would work toward solving the problems/reasons which have resulted in this "Mexican standoff" The first two seem intent on telling the other group what or what not to do, while the Democrats seem to think their contibution of "not fielding canidates"is action is beyond me, as it seems its inaction.

First they all need to acknowldge that their party members and coalation partners have in the past, let the nation down due to corruption of public funds from just about every government agency ever given a budget. Then propose how they would propose going about correcting this. The RTP organization may need individual attention and action just to clean that cesspit of humanity from the top down. Now the first one of these groups who propose Opposition appointments to minister position will get the first 'attaboy' award.

The one thing that seems certain is a committe of 10, 20, 50 or 100 has much less chance of accomplishing something positive in an acceptable time frame than one of 3 or 6.

and what are You going to do

about it?.

Teach them?

Will they listen or care for what you me others think?

I will come back to you on that one.....

You go girl. She got more brass balls then Suthep giggle.gif

sorry, but she was on the verge of resigning and her brother told her she couldn't...! Whether she has brass balls I don't know, but she clearly has no spine, otherwise she would have told him to stop pulling her strings, as she has clearly had enough...!!

• Like 1

The red shirts had reason to be livid in 2010. The army and "others" engineered a coup where a political party that hadn't won an election in 15 years and represented the interests of the Bangkok elite had been installed into power. It was the kind of thing that happens in tinpot banana republics not a modern, democratic, constitutional monarchy.

The red shirts had no real choice but to resort to violence if they wanted their political rights to be respected. The elite had pulled the rug from under them. The red shirts were merely trying to restore what rightfully belonged to them. They wanted justice.

The burning of buildings was a result of rage. Rage against the elite, rage against the army for fanning the flames.

The yellow shirts have nothing to rage against. They're just unhappy that the government wasn't putting the interests of the Bangkok elite first and foremost. Their demands are unjust. They want an unelected ruler who represents a minority.

Why weren't they livid in 2006? that's when the coup took place. Actually, it took 4 years of propaganda, misinformation (aka lies), "democracy" schools, mercenary agitators, a military and 2 PPP governments (convicted of bribery) - and even they needed cash incentives to come to BKK.

Then the catch-cry was "judicial coup" - a misrepresentation of a legitimate change of government under the Westminster system, something you may not be familiar with.

• Like 1

This site only is alive, because they lick shoe-soles ;-)

Get it?

You obviously haven't met George! ROFL!!!

Should I need to?

I don't care who, or what's their name or whatever. I see what's going on.

But hey, you are welcome to come with me to China, next time we meet with some Thai clowns there, again. put your and George's name on the list, I may send you an invite.

;-)

If the caretaker government did not make the invitation gesture, EC, DEM and PDRC will accused them of undemocratic, not willing to listen to other. It is the same game that the DEM played - demanded the government dissolve the parliament, but when it happened, they boycotted it. EC commissioners had talked to DEM and PDRC and who know what hidden agenda they have. They may be colluding to get the PTP party dissolved. What AV is saying as reported by media is the same tune with EC Somchai.

If the caretaker government did not make the invitation gesture, EC, DEM and PDRC will accused them of undemocratic, not willing to listen to other. It is the same game that the DEM played - demanded the government dissolve the parliament, but when it happened, they boycotted it. EC commissioners had talked to DEM and PDRC and who know what hidden agenda they have. They may be colluding to get the PTP party dissolved. What AV is saying as reported by media is the same tune with EC Somchai.

Or perhaps they sought to get the Dems and PDRC to the negotiation table, after their attempts to work with the government to find a way out of this mess fell on deaf ears (although the call to Dems and PDRC to join negotiations will also fall on deaf ears)

Maybe the EC is trying to find a peaceful way out of this mess, they know that they have no chance of holding a peaceful election next month, and as it stands right now even if they do, they still wont end up with enough MP's to open parliament.

Well done to Yingluck - game, set, match - you have out manuevered Suthep. smile.png

Can't really see how her refusal to resign equates to outmaneuvering Suthep!? And of course, it was big brother's decision anyway, not hers...!!

What she (and he) needs to focus on right now is the rising tide of resentment from their former grass roots support. As the rice farmers start their own protests, she will be running for the hills, and there will be nothing that big brother can do to ensure that she remains tied to her post.

• Like 2

Why does she have to leave the country Suthep?

Because if she does not, the chances of her and her cabinet ministers being hung are very high.... treason is a damning charge... all the Shinewatras should be expelled..Montinegro is looking good..

You have made an outrageous allegation here which is highly inflammatory.

You state "It was Thaksin who said she would not resign"

You have not put this as an opinion, you have not referred to unverified and therefore possible false newspaper reports from unnamed and unknown people.

You have made a claim it was Thaksin.

Please back up this absolute allegation you have made with unequivocal proof that your statement is 100% correct !

Every person with even half a brain knows this statement to be true... and if you have ever met Yinluck you would know that this lady does not even have half a brain... Brother the caddy says,, Yinluck does...

• Like 1

She and hers have beaten the old fool at just about every turn and will likely do it again as the residents of Bangkok realize they have been Sutheps pawns.

The larger percentage of respect of the world stage is currently in her corner and any credibility whatsoever in the Suthep camp is rapidly being eroded by his increasingly ridiculous actions.

Accepting olive branches to at least talk have been dismissed out of hand as has any form of compromise. The PTP Thaksin camp would have won the world poker championships hands down with the way they have played their hand in this confrontation.

I firmly believe at one point Suthep may just have achieved a fair proportion of his objectives but his continued belligerence related to all things Thaksin has clouded what little judgement he and his masters may have had.

Hopefully it will just peter out and there will be no additional confrontations. And as mentioned by an earlier poster on TV, perhaps the potential savior of Thailand is out there somewhere, but conspicuously absent at the moment.

The biggest losers in this at this moment in time are Abhisit and his "Democrats" and sadly and most importantly- the Thai people.

Just have to say my friend, there is an old adage which goes something like this... Its better to keep your mouth shut and let peoples think you are a buffoon, than to open it and give them the proof... and to add.... there will be no losers in this present conflict... there will be only winners, the peoples of Thailand...hurrahhh

Pure speculation. Why do people even bother posting this kind of knee jerk BS. Stick to the facts that we know. Not the ones you make up in your head - and by the way, I'm not denying it's possible. But we don't know if it's true or not.

Plus, nobody likes to think that someone on the opposite side of the political divide has positive qualities. But isn't that a mark of this whole conflict? No red will admit that Suthep is a rousing public speaker and no yellow that Yingluck is dignified and composed.

Us lucky ones who have a roughly equal disdain for both Thaksin (no. 1 corrupt failed politician) and Suthep (no. 2 corrupt failed politician) have the luxury of perspective. The rest of you are sheep blinded by propoganda and refusal to understand the other side. Keep this up and Thailand's a goner and reds and yellows will share the blame equally for her demise (but of course will continue to blame the 'other' even as the ship keels over and sinks to the bottom).

Sad for you but nothing I write here will stop you bleating.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Election fraud! Unlawfully trying to amend the constitution! Plus many other crimes against the thai people. What part of that is she basing her democracy. Im teaching social to high school kids about democracy and the 1ST thing it says in their books is the leader is chosen by the people for the people. Not BUY the people for the people i know only Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Scary.

Yes, such poor use of English, it's hard to understand what he's going on about.

Better than some: It's not that hard to understand.post-133770-0-36621400-1389710617_thumb.

Pure speculation. Why do people even bother posting this kind of knee jerk BS. Stick to the facts that we know. Not the ones you make up in your head - and by the way, I'm not denying it's possible. But we don't know if it's true or not.

Plus, nobody likes to think that someone on the opposite side of the political divide has positive qualities. But isn't that a mark of this whole conflict? No red will admit that Suthep is a rousing public speaker and no yellow that Yingluck is dignified and composed.

Us lucky ones who have a roughly equal disdain for both Thaksin (no. 1 corrupt failed politician) and Suthep (no. 2 corrupt failed politician) have the luxury of perspective. The rest of you are sheep blinded by propoganda and refusal to understand the other side. Keep this up and Thailand's a goner and reds and yellows will share the blame equally for her demise (but of course will continue to blame the 'other' even as the ship keels over and sinks to the bottom).

Sad for you but nothing I write here will stop you bleating.

I think some go so native they start to catch the Thai obsession traits.

It must be something they put in the water, probably the bottled stuff. One thing is for sure, there are some very unusual trends in social society here that just get obsessed over even when its plainly not such big deal really.

I can remember when krispy creme doughnuts opened its first kiosk. Had thais queing for 3 - 4 hrs for a doughnut, you had to see it to believe it, same when the first starbucks arrived ques all the way down the street, the armband thing, the colours of cars craze, the hand clappers, the feet clappers, the whistles, the ladyboys, the aftermarket wheels on a brand new car, the regular coups, the madness over korean soaps and bands, when they dont have a clue what they are saying. The car accidents, the nose jobs, the fairy lights on eateries. the BS 5750 standard written on so many company signboards, instagram central, the food obsession thing, the new obsession thing, the skin whitening thing.

Im not saying all these things are bad its just.... well its just i dont know any other country that gets that obsessed by so many thing to the point of ingraining it in its social expectation model.

The very first thing I was told when I came here and asked what the place is like ahhh the Thais ? generally they are like children in nearly all respects....having fun or when it goes bad its all pretty childish, which can either be immense fun, really ingenious or mind blowingly frustrating or scary.... I remember telling that chap he had an attitude problem and was pretty judgemental.... I have to say ive never had a truer description given to me and it gets more and more appropriate every year.

Well I'm over 50 years old, I've been here over half my life, I'm half Thai now and it ain't half bad.

From my experience though, remaining true to yourself is a choice not many foreigners here make.

I am. post-133770-0-12447300-1389711063_thumb.

Edited by GazR

Scary.

Better than some: It's not that hard to understand.attachicon.gifDaffy - seriously unimpressed.jpg

i guess it is an american thing hehe

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Scary.

Fluency comes with practice, and message boards like these are a great place to practice (as well as a great place to learn/teach about perspectives outside your own). Dont be a dick. Im seeing this a lot these days. Particularly from other Thai people trying to shut up the people that don't agree with them by mocking their 'poor' English (status status).

I had the joy a few days ago of reading a post saying "You English no good. You need go back to school and study more!" Can we just knock it off? If you are studying English as a second language you're one step further than most English speakers (who can barely speak and write it as a first language - self included of course). Its really garbage to demotivate and destroy someones confidence when theyve already invested so many hours of their lives into a skill, just so you can win a dumb point on the internet by shaming them into not replying. Have a bit of human decency.

Well said, as my uncle in Laos would have commented.