New eco car. Yaris/Almera/Brio etc. Please help!

Thaiwi

The new Yaris Eco is 469 000 Baht and the J model is 519 000.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-detail.php?model=yaris&opt=grades

When I saw them, 1 years insurance was included, so add that with the

3 warranty and to me, it makes no sense to buy second hand for that price.

are these automatic or stick shift? and is the eco motor the same as the regular yaris?

I don't seem to be able to find that info in their website.

Seems to be the same engine and auto trans.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-detail.php?model=yaris&opt=spec

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are these automatic or stick shift? and is the eco motor the same as the regular yaris?

Seems to be the same engine and auto trans.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-detail.php?model=yaris&opt=spec

Thank you I see that now,

I own a 2007 Colorado pickup diesel, stick shift, and my wife hates driving it, I am away in the states at work now but as soon as I come back, maybe sooner we will like to get her a small car that it's easier for her to drive, I had pretty much made up my mind on the March, but now you guys throw me a curve ball with the Yarisfacepalm.gif

In the US I drive a 2011 Toyota Corolla that I love, so now I have to rethink the whole thing.

I thought the Yaris had 1,5 but it looks like it now has the 1.2

but it is a 4 cylinder as opposed to the March 3 cylinder engine

the yaris output is given in KW/RPM as 63/6000rpm which converts to 84.5 hp

the March output is 58 kw at 6000rpm which converts to 77.7 hp

but the March weights a little less at 962 kg as opposed to yaris at 1010 kg

the yaris has a slightly longer wheel base.

I have not driven the New 1.2 Yaris yet so I don;t know how it drives,

The March drives relatively well for a 3 cylinder engine,

Any opinions on the comparison and has anyone driven both vehicles?

The new Yaris Eco is only available in auto.

A spanner was just thrown in the works.

Her friend just picked up an Attrage during a monthly promotion for Feb - 40k baht off the downpayment.

So 54k down instead of 94k. Plus 1k for tax. 1 yr free insurance etc etc. Then 6k p/m for 72 months.

Must be a basic model, they paid 1,400 extra for two rear reverse sensors and it didn't come with tinted windows.

She came over today and I must say I was quite impressed with it, from a non-driving sitting inside point of view. Inside was spacious enough, yet outside seemed (I haven't checked the measurements) smaller than the Almera.

Personally I think she'd be better off buying a March as it's for daily city center school runs, but hey, her money, her car, her choice. I had to agree that the Attrage was nicer than my expectations.

Edited by Khon Thai Ben Khon Dee

Wow that sounds cheap, I did the math and at the end of 72 months + the 51.000 DP and tax they would have paid 487,000 bht

by the way Mitsubishi has the worst website ever, I have a very fast internet connections, all the other car manufacturers websites load in a flash, But Mitsubishi's website takes for ever. It is really useless.

I am trying to find the prices for the different grade levels but I cant, when I click on their grade level link it gives me all the different grade level names, then when I click on the grade level it shows me a picture of the car car,that is really no different from any of the other models, with no other information, ?????

Who designed their Website, the owners 12 year old nephew?

Wow that sounds cheap, I did the math and at the end of 72 months + the 51.000 DP and tax they would have paid 487,000 bht

by the way Mitsubishi has the worst website ever, I have a very fast internet connections, all the other car manufacturers websites load in a flash, But Mitsubishi's website takes for ever. It is really useless.

I am trying to find the prices for the different grade levels but I cant, when I click on their grade level link it gives me all the different grade level names, then when I click on the grade level it shows me a picture of the car car,that is really no different from any of the other models, with no other information, ?????

Who designed their Website, the owners 12 year old nephew?

^

http://www.mitsubishimotors-attrage.com/web/

Go to Price Calculator at the bottom.

Model: GLX CVT A/T

Downpayment: 20% 96k baht.

Duration: 72 month. Monthly due 6,260 baht.

The promo the dealer has is for 40k off the downpayment.

Friend said she paid 54k instead of 94k (not inc. 1k tax) so either her, the website, or the dealer are out by 2k baht.

• Like 1

I recall a member posting a pic of his Jazz after it hit a Flyover Cement thing.He and His Wife walked away, supprising looking at the state of it.Not that im a Crash Test Fan, knowing my luck an Elephant would sit on it and theres no roof airbags. Funny Post realy,perhaps he could answer IMHO.coffee1.gif .

I recall a member posting a pic of his Jazz after it hit a Flyover Cement thing.He and His Wife walked away, supprising looking at the state of it.Not that im a Crash Test Fan, knowing my luck an Elephant would sit on it and theres no roof airbags. Funny Post realy,perhaps he could answer IMHO.coffee1.gif .

if the car is a crumpled mess, and the occupants walk away, I'd say it did a superb job. Imagine the force needed to crumple a car - better the car body getting that than your body wink.png

Cars aren't meant to survive crashes. People are.

Edited by IMHO

I'm sure you don't intend to crash, but if you do make sure it's not in a city or jazz!

So do you choose a car based on how well it will perform in a crash. On that basis we would all be driving around in tanks, but then a lot do aka the Toyota Fortuner.

BTW the Attrage GLS is a better buy. Great deals from Mitsubishi at the moment.

• Like 1

After a few hiccups and sorting out a new home, finally got the focus back on to cars.

Went to a dealer today who is offering the Attrage GLS LTD (Ralliart) for a down payment of 49,000 Baht then 7900 for 84 months. Why the wife wants 84 months is beyond me, but her family are a non throw away type. As it stands this will be her car. But just thought I'd update with what I've seen so far.

Offered 1st class insurance for 5 years, anti rust coating, some sort of gloss finish? Mai roo. The dealer where I am isn't amazing with english and the wife isn't sure on how to describe it. Licence plate covers (Wooo!), another key, carpets for the car, tinted windows, reversing indicators and a spoiler.

Supposedly dealing with the manager, have been to another place and was quoted a lot higher down payment and close too 9k per month.

Love the space in the car, and this one has the keyless ignition, push start, touch screen etc etc. It's listed at 582,000, just incase anyone was wondering. Does add up to a heck of a lot of interest though.

Anyone else picked or decided on an eco car lately? Would love to hear from the person who got their Attrage recently and posted here.

• Like 2

^ I posted above that my wife's friend just bought one last week and I was very impressed.

Another spanner in the works though is the Attrage was offered at 40k off the downpayment, and now they offer the Mirage with 70k off the downpayment for the GLS model, which is higher spec than the Attrage with 40k off.

So she's probably going to go for a Mirage, 25% down = 126,500, minus 70k (hell of a discount in fairness) which brings it to 56,600 down, then 6,200 for 72 months.

The higher spec equates to 15in alloys, alarm, keyless start, leather steering wheel and (auto) gearshift lever, spoiler with LED lights and a few other things.

Was never a fan, still aren't, but never stepped into one. The rear seats look utterly attrocious, completely flat as a plank, but I sure as hell won't be sitting on them.

Hi, I'm looking for a buyer for my Vios 2013 top model with leather seats upgrade from toyota K motor.

Registered on 18/10/2013 I'm selling due to upgrade to fortuner. The car is in good condition and it's almost 4months old. I'm a Singaporean working here in bangkok. Let me know of you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After a few hiccups and sorting out a new home, finally got the focus back on to cars.

Went to a dealer today who is offering the Attrage GLS LTD (Ralliart) for a down payment of 49,000 Baht then 7900 for 84 months. Why the wife wants 84 months is beyond me, but her family are a non throw away type. As it stands this will be her car. But just thought I'd update with what I've seen so far.

Offered 1st class insurance for 5 years, anti rust coating, some sort of gloss finish? Mai roo. The dealer where I am isn't amazing with english and the wife isn't sure on how to describe it. Licence plate covers (Wooo!), another key, carpets for the car, tinted windows, reversing indicators and a spoiler.

Supposedly dealing with the manager, have been to another place and was quoted a lot higher down payment and close too 9k per month.

Love the space in the car, and this one has the keyless ignition, push start, touch screen etc etc. It's listed at 582,000, just incase anyone was wondering. Does add up to a heck of a lot of interest though.

Anyone else picked or decided on an eco car lately? Would love to hear from the person who got their Attrage recently and posted here.

Yes i got my new Attrage GLS 2 weeks ago. I am really pleased with it, smooth quiet ride and the level of spec is amazing for the 500k i paid. I mean what entry level car gives you auto a/c, 15 in alloys, keyless entry push button start, foldable wing mirrors with flashers etc. To get that in most other cars you have to pay 600-700k. Haven't had a chance to check fuel consumption yet but it's supposed to be one of the best. BTW what fuel are you using? I wasn't sure whether to use E10, E20, Benzine 91, Benzine 95, or Gasohol 95. Confusing eh!

Edited by chris2004

E20 saves money with a small dip in km/l, E85 a bigger dip but again saves you money. Most expensive benzine is a waste of money imo/

The engine design is for fuel types listed not E85.

If he uses E20 that's fine the other fuels listed he can use if E20 isn't available.

What about the Chevy Sonic? The base sedan can be had for a bit over 500,000 with mt and just a tad more with at. It's a really good looker as well. I have a Chevy Aveo 1.4, mt that is 6 years old and it runs perfect. My opinion is that the chevy and ford offerings are superior (USA) to the Japanese stuff and have great styling. Just my two bits. Although, I must admit that the Almera and Attrage are a good buy. Jazz is strictly a lady car. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.;p

What about the Chevy Sonic? The base sedan can be had for a bit over 500,000 with mt and just a tad more with at. It's a really good looker as well. I have a Chevy Aveo 1.4, mt that is 6 years old and it runs perfect. My opinion is that the chevy and ford offerings are superior (USA) to the Japanese stuff and have great styling. Just my two bits. Although, I must admit that the Almera and Attrage are a good buy. Jazz is strictly a lady car. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.;p

Take a look at the new Yaris...you may like it smile.png

Chevy in Thailand have a, how shall we put it, a slightly poor reputation for aftersales service....

Perfectly demonstrated by this fine female police officer:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/582740-female-police-officer-draws-her-gun-in-dispute-with-chevrolet-dealer/

this article demonstrates nothing other than the police abusing their power.

I own a 2007 Chevy Colorado pickup truck in Khon Kaen,

I never had any major problems, any small problem I had, the local dealer took care of promptly and efficiently. Five years later, the truck looks and runs like the day I bought it.

I like the clean body lines of the Sonic, and the 1.4 engine, I am not crazy with the futuristic dashboard, plenty of room inside, handles well, Not much of a difference in price from the Eco cars

I will certainly consider it.

0% financing for 60 months with 25% down

1 year class 1 insurance

LT฿ 595,000.-

• Power window
  • Immobilizer
  • Foldable key
  • Front & Rear fog lamp
  • Braking system (ABS)
  • Foldable seat 60:40
  • Vehicle Setting function
  • 1.4 AT
Edited by sirineou

Besides probably lackluster after sales service, style is pretty decent. However the 5 door version has a really tiny boot. The 1.4i seems rather sluggish. Can't really agree on the Jazz being a ladies car. From all the small cars, the Jazz is probably the 'biggest' and to some extend most fun to drive.

About Chevy being USA and superior...and even Ford is a bit of a misleading statement....Number one the Ford Fiesta and Focus are from FORD Germany, not FORD America, which i believe to be quite independent set ups (still of course under same mother umbrella). Quite a few of the Chevys sold here in Thailand are actually rebranded Daewoos (Korea) I believe. (The Captiva, Aveo and maybe even the Sonic is....not so sure).

Please do correct me if i am wrong, not having researched that, but just putting in out from memory...

Yup....the Aveo is a gm deawoo lol. The sonic is a new model and its built here in Thailand. My Aveo was assembled here. I'm pretty sure that the Fords are rebadged Mazda's as well....pretty sure.

I must admit that I had a similar experience as that police lady with Chevy service. I had some work done and they left a bunch of loose bolts and didn't secure a plastic cover on the undercairage of my car. I didn't pull a gun or anything but I did drive my car into their carriage and demand that they sort it out, which they did immediately. The last mechanic I saw was a private one.

Sent from my IQ 5.5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

E20 saves money with a small dip in km/l, E85 a bigger dip but again saves you money. Most expensive benzine is a waste of money imo/

The engine design is for fuel types listed not E85.

If he uses E20 that's fine the other fuels listed he can use if E20 isn't available.

I get all sorts of conflicting information about fuels.The dealer told me to use Gasohol 91 in my Nissan Almera. At the service station we found E 20 marked inside the petrol hatch. In the booklet it says, more or less, that you can use anything. 91, 95, E 20.. I had the service done yesterday and the mechanic told us that using E 20 would possibly reduce acceleration and engine life. My car runs just fine on 91 so that's what I will continue to use where possible.

A shame as I had just got the people at my usual service station not to whistle at me when we turned up in the truck, they don't have 91.