Bar/pubs/clubs Recommandations In Bangkok Needed....

Fun2Fun

I don't know why a lot of people only know the 'business' area of Bangkok. Get yourself down to the river near the back packers area and try Phra Atit Road. The Hemlock is a wonderful quite place to sip wine or beer and the types that come in are post grad Thais, NGO farangs and artists. Also try the Joy Luck Club in the same road. There are many little bars on that road but I forget the names of all of them.

I don't know why a lot of people only know the 'business' area of Bangkok. Get yourself down to the river near the back packers area and try Phra Atit Road. The Hemlock is a wonderful quite place to sip wine or beer and the types that come in are post grad Thais, NGO farangs and artists. Also try the Joy Luck Club in the same road. There are many little bars on that road but I forget the names of all of them.

NGOs are the most despised people in SE Asia that I ever heard about. Don't think there's too many folks wanting to be hanging with them or backpackers for that matter. You may wish to repost on Thorn Tree or something

Toyicebear - excuse me..... Hard Rock Cafe to "chill and drink at sensible prices"............ are you trying to be funny

:o Yeah pricey and loud comes to mind at the HRC. (fun place, but I wouldnt consider it a "chill" spot)

Edited by britmaveric

Cat House - Nana Plaza - on the first floor - first bar on the LHS - 4.00 to 8.00 pm - happy hour - Chang - 30 baht a bottle - 40 baht singha and Heinekin 50 baht.

O.K. service. I was there last Saturday and it was packed.

A good place to meet other foreigners and you can also at the same time look out onto the plaza.

A must! :o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You weren't actually all that clear on what you are looking for. A place to meet people but still with a reasonable atmosphere? A little action, but not too much. A place to sit comfortably and quietly with someone to have a drink and a conversation?

If it's the latter, I suggest the bar just off the main lobby of the Landmark Hotel on lower Sukhumvit. Yeah, I know it's not much of a hotel, but the main bar will surprise you. Very comfortable, quiet and relaxing, a really good place for a conversation. If I have to talk business with anyone in that part of town, I go there without fail. No action, no scene, just comfortable chairs and sofas, low level music in the background, and a relaxed atmosphere.

Toyicebear - excuse me..... Hard Rock Cafe to "chill and drink at sensible prices"............ are you trying to be funny

yeh right it must be the noisiest place in bangers !and then theres the outrageously drunken ladies of the night who wont give you a minutes peace ! take your industrial strength ear defenders along with you if you want to chill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeh right it must be the noisiest place in bangers !and then theres the outrageously drunken ladies of the night who wont give you a minutes peace ! take your industrial strength ear defenders along with you if you want to chill

forgettabout Hard Rock