Renewed My Annual Visa Nong Kia Today

I'm submittting this as there always seem to be a lot of questions particulary as to the money in the bank requirement. Firrst let me say this happened in Nong Kia today. Anywhere or any other day or different officers things may have been different. But this is what was submitted today and this is the third time I have done this. This one is married to a Thia and 400K requirment my first was as a single person and the 800 K requirement.

Documents:

Two copies of each;

The Thai forms

Two recent photos

Letter from my embassy stating my monthly income

Letter from my bank stating what my deposits were when they were made. Indicating that the money was transfered from a specific bank and account in America. The total amount of the deposits and the account balance 42K

My Bank Book (every page for the last year copied)

House Papers

Passport ( every page copied)

Doctors letter

There was no problem as my deposits far exceeded the minimum requirements, even with a 42 K balance showing.

Here are a few things that I noticed that I had not seen before three officers went over my paperwork this also happened to everyone else.

One officer actually took my embassy letter stating monthy income and mutiplied it by 38, never had that happen before.

I was not asked one question and it was approved on the spot.

I noticed one poor guy who had a problem with his bank lettter, he had actually brought more money in the past year then I did. What was the problem he only did two transfers and they were insisting on seeing his monthly deposits. He didn't do it that way, so he couldn't do that Like me he had less then 400K in the bank. I don't know what the end result was.

I made one mistake I forgot to sign each and every copy, I'll try you remember that next year.

I can tell you one thing for sure, they were going over every document very carefully. So just a heads up make sure you have everything correct. I didn't see one Mia Bpen Ria at all.

I assume your Embassy letter amounted to an annual amount of over 760,000 baht? So that plus what you have in account would meet the 800k requirement for retirement?

The answer to that is yes, my requirements are less now since I'm married but we bought a house this year so the account was depleated. The actual deposits exceed the minimum requirements. But when I was single I did them at exactly 65 K per month.

I think it would be less complicated if you just had the cash, never had so I don't know.

The one year that I did have 400K in the bank and was married I got a letter from my bank, that gave the balance. I had to go back to the bank and get a letter listing the monthy deposits anyway. But I hoenstly belive that was an error of the processing officers part. Tha officer now does not work with visa renewals.

The fact is financially you have to meet the minimum requirements, but it does not have to be cash in the account. It can be cash or the monthly equivelant, or a combinatrion of the two that meets the annual funds brought into Thailand requirement. But as I said this is my experience in Nong Kia

Ok. As long as you can meet the 65k by your Embassy letter there is no requirement for any set amount in your bank account so not sure where the 400k figure came from. Was confusing as that is the amount required for a support Thai wife extension of stay but that would not have been immediately approved. Thanks for the report and am sure some people can make use of the information.