Looking for House Near Nimmanhaemin Area

luckylefty

Wow some budget big spender.

How rude!

This landlord had the same attitude when we were looking for a condo rental and we actually got one in the same block as his and pay just 3,000 baht a month more for a one-bed than his studio which also includes cleaning 3x weekly, electricity and water.

Whilst your budget of 18,000 baht a month may be a touch optimistic, house rentals are considerably less than condo rentals and you'll have no trouble finding something within budget if you're prepared to move your boundaries just a little.

Good luck.

Are you joking? I have a nice 76 square meter one bedroom on Nimmanhamin for less than half that.

Houses on with more than a postage stamp size yard on Nimmanhamin are hard to find at any price, but as the above post indicates you have more possibilities a short distance away, mostly north of Huay Kaew or south of Suthap.

Which might be the reason his apartment is still on the market. You can ask for high prices all day long, doesn't mean anyone is going to pay them.

Are you joking? I have a nice 76 square meter one bedroom on Nimmanhamin for less than half that.

Houses on with more than a postage stamp size yard on Nimmanhamin are hard to find at any price, but as the above post indicates you have more possibilities a short distance away, mostly north of Huay Kaew or south of Suthap.

8000baht per month near Maejo Uni, for 3 br, large garden. 12,000 per month in the Suthep area for 3 bedroom, 3 toilet/bathrooms. Wow, 18,000 should get something rather nice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Doing the research it came down to pretty much what you said and I am currently looking for a place in Su Thep or Chang Phueak as it's not too far from the city center and Nimmanhaemin. So far the prices are ridiculously low for good real estate but the only problem seems to be location. Is it pretty much a fact that you would need to rent a scooter or buy a car to live in Chiang Mai? Are there any good real estate websites you guys can recommend?

Don't even go there.....real estate agents here have as much respect as paedophiles.

You have some great advice here so now its down to you to trawl the sois and you will within a few days find the gem that you want.

and we are in a city so transport would be advisable unless you want to live your life walking or riding red buses.

ignore him. he's trying desperately to rent his over-priced apartments for more than double the rate of what a Thai landlord charges for the same exact thing.

• Like 2

Don't even go there.....real estate agents here have as much respect as paedophiles.

LOL.

I like that. thumbsup.gif

Made a mental note to go even more over the top next time a comparison is needed for certain professions. wink.png

Edited by onthedarkside
insensitive remark removed

Real estate agents are hit or miss. Just do a search of "house rent Chiang Mai" and look at the websites that come up. You can also check the classifieds of Thai Visa. If you see something that looks promising contact the agent and see if it works out. If you have time I recommend renting some place in town for a few weeks to give you lots of time to look around. You may find a good property through an agent or you may stumble across one on your own. The more time you have to look the better your chances of finding what you need at a good price.

You don't have to have your own transportation in Chiang Mai, but it is convenient. If you live in the city a motorbike is useful, and much quicker in congested traffic than a car. I wouldn't bother with a car, at least not initially, unless you are living well outside of the city.

Real estate agents are hit or miss. Just do a search of "house rent Chiang Mai" and look at the websites that come up. You can also check the classifieds of Thai Visa. If you see something that looks promising contact the agent and see if it works out. If you have time I recommend renting some place in town for a few weeks to give you lots of time to look around. You may find a good property through an agent or you may stumble across one on your own. The more time you have to look the better your chances of finding what you need at a good price.

You don't have to have your own transportation in Chiang Mai, but it is convenient. If you live in the city a motorbike is useful, and much quicker in congested traffic than a car. I wouldn't bother with a car, at least not initially, unless you are living well outside of the city.

I would check baht sold

Edited by onthedarkside
remarks about Thaivisa removed